“excelleng thai tradition, relaxing in the big party pattaya”
Review of Sugar Hut Resort

Sugar Hut Resort
Ranked #190 of 456 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed May 19, 2013

great experience and feel 100 years back in time. nice to feel the real Thai tradition in a luxury way and even u are in the big party pattaya, u feel somewhere far away in the rainforest, middle in the nature!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank gabrielemanfe

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Many people know this beautiful Thai style resort in Pattaya. Fantastic garden and big swimming pool. But non many people know, that another reason to spend time here is - one of the best thaifood in Pattaya. Here are presented not only the best samples of Thai cuisine but as their quality and taste are brought to perfection. Very important to notice - this restaurant represents healthy food, without recently popular artifical additives like "adjinomoto".

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mihhail i
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Truly a Boutique hotel offering a true Thai experience. Once you hear the birds chirping, see the chipmunks chasing each other, or watch the peacocks come up to say hello, will you understand the natural feel to it all and appreciate what the SugarHuts experience really offers. Slow service maybe....but you won't even notice or remember once lounging in the pool, enjoying the SugarHut's therapeutic natural surroundings. The food and drink selection is excellent as well. I recommend a watermelon shake and order of pad see ew. Nowhere in Pattaya/Jomtien can you find a resort in such natural settings, as close to the action but feel as if you are tucked away, 20kilometers from nearest road? I've been going to Sugarhuts for 7yrs now, from Tokyo, Hong Kong, and New York and there is no place I'd rather go to escape the hustle and bustle of citylife. You feel as if you are at a day spa, no drunk pool parties or screaming kids. It's newly furbished huts and redone pool area are unmatched. You can swim a lap, sit in hottub, have a steam, or lie in your hut and feel as if you are miles away from reality. That's what i look for in a holiday spot. If you are concerned about speed of service, you probably shouldn't be going to Thailand in the first place. That's what Thailand is!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Food was not fresh prepared. Service not attentive. Winelist was not up to date. Too expencive. Ambiance is marvellous. Using the swimmingpool for restaurant guests is 1000 baht per person. What a joke!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clemens Z
YaninV, Manager at Sugar Hut Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write an honest and open review for our resort and restaurant. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your dining experience with us.

First of all, I am terribly sorry to read that you have found the experience at our restaurant at The Sugar Hut less than satisfactory.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience and inattentive service you have experienced. We will make to pay more attention and ensure the better service in the future.

For the usage of the swimming pool, there is a package along with it. Swimming pool package for outside guest is 1,000 baht per person from 9am-5pm, which includes:
- Any order of foods and drinks at 650 baht
- Free all-day steam and sauna
- Free towel
- Free wi-fi
The swimming pool package of 1,000 baht and what we have to offer, we believe that this is the reasonable price for all outside guests.

Our foods are normally freshly prepared everyday at every meal. If you feel that this statement isn't true, I would like to invite you and your guest back to our restaurant if you are around the neighborhood at your convenience. Please do not hesitate to contact me upon your arrival, I would be more than happy to be at your service.

Yanin Viravaidya

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Don't overlook this place just becasue it is not on the beach. 8 minutes by cab from this secluded resort gets you into the beachfront strip's action..... if/when you want it. Otherwise, this resort has lovely little raised bungalows each with its own bridge between your sleeping/bath pavillion to the Lounge TV pavillion (and a stocked wine fridge!)
Great Thai Food in the restaurant with nice Western/Asian breakfast offerings too.
Everything is quiet - peacocks roam freely throughout the grounds. Three pools allow guests to get away from the main pool if 'day-stay' guests are too numerous. Try the poolside sauna and steam room - no need for a separate spa visit. Very friendly and knowledgable staff. (Annie was terrific from Check-in to Check-out) I'll definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by one of the back pools - they are the private ones and keep you away from the main...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Allan J
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I'm always reluctant to post negative reviews but I'm doing so in the hope that the owner will read this and address serious issues with his restaurant.

I ate at the restaurant while on holiday in February 2013 I arrived with my partner around 8pm and the restaurant was nearly empty, never a good sign. We ordered drinks and when my bloody Mary arrived I was given a vodka and tomato juice and handed Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco to mix it myself. We then ordered food and on the first course my food arrived 5 minutes before my partners, wanting to eat together I asked for my partners starter which arrived 5 minutes later by which time mine was cold.

Repeat on the main course with meals arriving separately, less of an issue here as mine was inedible, vegetarian noodle dish with clumps of uncooked noodles, also the rice contained shrimp, I made it clear to the waiter prior to ordering that I was a vegetarian and that all food ordered for me should be vegi, my Thai partner repeated this in Thai.

I struggled to find a waiter to order drinks during the meal as in spite of being empty no waiting staff were visibly present. On the plus side my partners seafood platter was satisfactory although the experience was spoiled by her being the solitary diner.

We left shortly thereafter with me not having eaten and the waiter not being concerned at the untouched food which I tried to explain was not satisfactory but he appeared unconcerned.

To the owner - please ensure that drinks are mixed by the bar staff not the customers, also meals ordered for two people should arrive together, any special dietary requirements should be honoured and if the staff don't understand ( unlikely as the request was placed in English and Thai ) ask for it to be repeated. If food is left untouched there is something wrong, ask what it is.

Finally 3000 baht for a meal I couldn't eat is ridiculous and by far the most expensive meal throughout my stay in Pattaya.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kipper64

Dear guest,
I would like to the this opportunity to thank you for taking your time to give us a review on TripAdvisor. Our team at the Sugar Hut Resort and Restaurant truly appreciate your honest feedback on your dining experience at our restaurant. I'm very concerned with the comments you have made specifically about the service that you have personally experienced. If possible I would like to address your comments personally with you over the phone. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at the Sugar Hut Resort phone number at 038-364-186. Your satisfaction and well-being are of most importance to us and we hope to rectify the situation as soon as possible.
Yanin Viravaidya

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had dinner there on the 20th of january 2013. Ordered drinks and meal after quite a long time, the restaurang was understaffed. Ordered 2 glasses of housewine to the food. When the check arrived it showed 420 baht for a small glass of wine, total 840 for two glasses (approx US Dollars 30). Calling in the boss he just explained that they only have one type of red wine. He also showed a pricelist there it showed that a half bottle of this wine costed 700 baht?!
As we did not get any price information beforehand and we were not showed any winelist we did not expect this. The worst thing is the behaviour from the boss we talked to, its up to you was his only explanation when we tried to sort this out. Such an unproffesional behaviour is very seldom seen in any country. Its a real tourist trap!
So avoid this place and save your money for a better restaurant, there are plenty around with a service, food and customer handling that goes way beyond what we experienced here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple