InterContinental Pattaya Resort
$107
$90
Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya(Pattaya)
$99
$264
$218
Amari Nova Suites Pattaya(Pattaya)(Great Value!)
$49
Amari Ocean Pattaya(Pattaya)
$89
$86
1,324 results
All reviewselements restaurantinfiniti restaurantdeluxe pavilioninfinity barocean viewprivate beachseafood buffetfree shuttle servicebeautiful propertythe general managershuttle busrain showerthe club loungeaway from the hustle and bustlethe hotel offerspool stafffront office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Stayed for the 2nd time at the Sheraton Pattaya resort in July and the hotel went way down. Very unfriendly front office staff who looked down on my girlfriend. Also very poor service at breakfast. Had to wait a long time to be seated and also waited very long for a a refill of my coffee. Stayed before at various Starwood hotels, around the world, but this was the worst one by far.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank younes_thai_trav
Reviewed August 6, 2009

My 15 hour flight with Etihad from Brussels to Bangkok was as always, faultless. The 07:15 arrival is perfect and as my pre-booked limousine docked outside the Sheraton's portico a smiling bellboy greeted me, "Welcome back Khun Hill". In the open lobby with its spectacular views of the Gulf of Thailand I was seated at the welcome desk, a cold towel was placed before me as was a refreshing fruit cocktail. The receptionist completed my details in seconds mostly from the information submitted on my previous stay.

It sounds like a fairly typical welcome to any good 5 star hotel - but there is more. It is so personally friendly - it's not just the standard check-in. One really feels that the staff are delighted that you have chosen to stay at "their" hotel.

Sergei, a Ukrainian/Russian speaking Guest Relations Officer with impeccable English told me that all my luggage was in my room which was being made up for me.

Dietmar Koegerl the General Manager and Matthew Fryar came to welcome me and told me that I had been upgraded to one of the Hotel's deluxe Pavilion suites. I mean how much better can it get?

The Sheraton is poised in a tropical paradise of plants and pools which cascade all the way down the Cliff to the beach below.

Streams wind gently among the palms and aloes linking the levels. A choice of restaurants compete in their culinary enticements.

The Pavilion suites are all sea facing - have an enormous hexagonal terrace replete with day teak lounger and massage table.
The bedroom has all the best conveniences and the bathroom suite is breathtaking being dominated by an almost swimming pool sized marble bath whose water tumbles through a marble chute into a mixing area ensuring the perfect temperature.

All the fittings are truly deluxe. All the staff are exquisitely trained in caring for their guests.

As I sit by the pool two towels and a pillow are brought for me - I don't have to ask.

A fleet of golf carts is on hand to take guests from the lower levels of the cliff to the rooms and restaurants on the upper levels.

If one wishes to visit Pattaya the hotel's limos and mini buses provide an excellent value service. A regular shuttle service is also offered to guests to ride the roughly ten minutes to the city.

For the business traveller there is an excellent centre complete with all the essential communications equipment, commercial journals and telephone directories.
I wished to book seats at a concert in Bangkok at the beginning of July. The business centre hostess had all the information to hand in minutes.

Yes the appointments and accoutriments of a hotel are important, the quality of the food matters too. But the memory most of us take away with us - the factor which tells us that we must return to THIS hotel is the quality of service and the attitudes of the staff with whom we come in contact.

Staff are trained and motivated by Management and in the Sheraton Pattaya Dietmar Koegerl has done a wonderful job with a superb team.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank stoffel45
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I stayed in 'pool terrace' room type which you can walk from your room to the pool and it was very good. The bed is a very big king size, my bf and i really love that bed, so comfy. Service is excellence, whenever you want something, there's always someone there to serve you. Breakfast in hotel is superb but the dinner is a little bit pricey (it's a hotel standard price!).

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nuningnong
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Saw this hotel in a travel magazine once and decided I must come see - plus I wanted to check out a new place in Thailand. Hotel was great - is situated on a hill that works its way down to the ocean. There isn't really a beach here. It's more for just a water view (and not a great one when the tide is out). The pools are fantastic, however, and the overall layout of the hotel provides privacy and nice views to many of the rooms. Lots of steps and level changes on the premises, so may not be not good for disabled or elderly guests. Decor both in the rooms and in the business center, lounge, etc. was impressive. Complimentary internet access and 24hr gym were nice perks.

Food at the onsite Italian restaurant Infinity was absolutely fantastic! Definitely the highlight of all restaraunt food from any of the other Starwood resorts in Thailand that I've been to.

There's a complimentary shuttle that takes you down the hill into town at midday and in the evening (you can even walk this, as we did, if you're up for some exercise and don't mind working up the sweat - best in the morning). Town has cheap places to eat & drink, and lots of interesting people watching, shopping, and other things to see. Taxi fare back to the hotel was typically quoted to us at 200baht, but you can talk them down (we paid no more than 150baht).

All in all, we found Pattaya (pa-ta-YA') to be an interesting place to see and overall good experience, mostly because of the hotel itself. If you're looking for a secluded place to relax, more expansive resort grounds, and nice beaches, I would recommend elsewhere (e.g., Krabi).

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank OCtraveler34
Reviewed July 1, 2009

Stayed just one night at the Sheraton.

We had a very comfortable room overlooking the pool and ocean with a large sala style terrace in which to kick back and enjoy a late night drink.

Lunch in the restaurant just below the pool (forget the name) was surprisingly good and better than I'd ever hoped for having stayed at other alleged "five star hotels" nearby.

The breakfast was excellent, with fresh juice available and helpful staff with a "can do" approach.

We both felt that Pattaya is getting worse and is best described as a dirty, congested hole whose sole raisond'etre is to separate tourists from their money. Legally or otherwise.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business