“Just a beautiful, relaxing resort”

InterContinental Pattaya Resort
Ranked #5 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Bethesda
“Just a beautiful, relaxing resort”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This was my second time here and both times were just amazing experiences. My family and I had a great time. The staff is very friendly. The kids loved the pool. The rooms were very nice. The food was great. Couldn't have asked for a better stay. Definitely would recommend to others. We will always be returning here for our trips.

• Stayed July 2014
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Mama_sks

Thank you for being our valuable guest and for sharing your recent experience. As a hotelier, It's always rewarding to see our guests returning and I'm delighted that you and your family enjoyed your 2nd visit with us just as much as the 1st. I hope on your 3rd visit, I will have the opportunity to personally be able to meet you in the resort and thank you for your loyalty.

Once again, thank you for choosing Sheraton Pattaya Resort and I look forward to your return in the near future.

Tomo Kuriyama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This property is for sure the best thing that Pattaya has going for it. I was in Pattaya for business and the Sheraton was truly a sanctuary from the rest of the city. I had an amazing view of the Gulf of Thailand. Internet was fast. The restaurants on the property were very reasonably priced. The staff was incredibly courteous even for preparing an early breakfast for me that I was able to pick up at 4:30 in the morning before heading out for work. As a note to other readers it is important to understand what Pattaya is before you book a holiday there. For those that do come to Pattaya for a holiday, just outside the city it is absolutely gorgeous.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 1whereintheworldami1
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear 1whereintheworldami1,

Thank you for being our guest and for your positive feedback. It's great to learn that you were able to enjoy the facility and how our associates was able to prepare you with the a box breakfast for your early morning. These are the personal touch which makes the resort special and I will be sure to share your kind comments to recognize their efforts.

It was a real pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to your return soon.

Alesund, Norway
Reviewed July 25, 2014

A peaceful place in perfect distance from the hectic Pattaya. Walking or a cheap taxi or using the free shuttle bus. We stayed off season so there were very little people at the hotel, some days different seminars and fully booked in the weekend but in weekdays we more or less had the facilities for ourselves. Room and breakfast good and well kept. Staff very friendly, service minded and helpful. Some lack of English skills though.
Only minuses were the air condition which seemed worn and noisy and the water pressure in the showers which was inadequate.

Room Tip: Be a SPG member(free reg) it gives you free Wifi and some other benefits.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Traveller190504,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Pattaya Resort and sharing your feedback on this online community. I appreciate you taking the time to share you points and will look into the areas of opportunity with the AC and water pressure.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to having you back soon.

Kind regards,
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Booked a sea view room, which was quite nice with private balcony. The room did not not have any "wow" factor. Grounds are nice, with a steep walk down to private beach and pools. Breakfast is pretty ordinary with everything crammed into much too small a space for the amount of diners. You have to wait to pass staff and diners alike as they navigate around the buffet. Not enough tables and not enough staff. Prices are bit lower now at off-peak, but I can stay at Amari for 1/2 the price with much better service and also a better room. Probably would not bother again.

Room Tip: Sea View rooms are probably the pick, and are quieter. This Hotel has a lot of rich Thai kids and I...
1 Thank AnneNap33
Dear AnneNap33,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I regret to learn the negative experience you had but I'm glad that our Director of Culinary and Services was able to personally reach out to you upon your departure for a proper follow up. Please rest assured what you experienced is not indicative of our level of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back so that we can regain your confidence on your next stay.

Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is my third visit to this property. I have a great deal of experience with resorts around the world. Property is gorgeous and rooms are nicely laid out. However, I found the service to be a little less than one would expect from a five star property with rooms at $400 plus a night! The Infinit bar used to have a great menu. The new menu is terrible! The options are not appealing to me. The prices are ridiculously high for off season! My room did not come with breakfast and the breakfast bill came in at over 2338 for three people. That would not have been so bad if they had bothered to give me the right breakfast! Towels are shoddy in the rooms. I find myself having to call for things. Yes, I am demanding, but one expects a certain standard when paying for a Mercedes. And the hotel bills itself as a five star property. I found the noise from all of the families and kids a bit irritating, but that is something that is out of the control of the property. I guess my biggest issues with this place is the poor quality of the food, lack of choice in soft drinks, crappy towels in the rooms and the fact that a five star property has staff that don't seem to know how to render five star service... Again, location and physical plant are beautiful. If you can ignore these other issues, it is certainly a better option than most of the other sleeze ball operations in Pattaya, Thailand.

Room Tip: Select a room right on the ocean.. Poolside rooms get noisy with kids!
3 Thank terencemitchell
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear terencemitchell,

Thank you for your continuous support towards Sheraton Pattaya Resort. We are delighted that you have again returned to the property but I am concerned to read your comments.

In regards to this weekend, it is a Thai holiday and a long weekend which resulted in hotel to be sold out. I do agree that there were many families and apologize about breakfast being more lively than you had expected. We have discussed about 3 day weekends when hotel is sold out and will mention in our guestroom letters of the peak breakfast times so that guests who wish to enjoy breakfast can avoid these busy times for a leisurely breakfast in the future.

In regards to the towels, please accept my apology if they were not in good condition. I will follow up with the supplier as we are waiting for a new shipment to arrive.

For your comments about soft drinks and menu at the restaurant, I would appreciate to hear in details on how we can better improve. I look forward to your call at your convenience so that I can take your feedback and make improvements.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were toying between Hua Hin and Pattaya for a brief summer break, and finally decided on the latter. The age group ranged from 9 to 80, and each one of us had a wonderful time.
The lobby is welcoming with a great view of the ocean, and sets you in the perfect mood for a relaxed holiday. Check in was smooth, and whilst the gentleman behind the counter was trying to explain to us that one of the four rooms could have free wi fi on account of our SPG Platinum status, his senior intervened and told him to offer the facility to all rooms - A small gesture, but one that helped us feel immediately welcome. The rooms, as requested were allotted next to one another. They were comfortable and well equipped, and surrounded by tropical greenery on all sides. We had lunch at the coffee shop, which was to be the first of many meals we had there. Breakfast was consistently good with great service, and a very special mention of Kat who went to great lengths to ensure we were very well looked after. After the second morning, seeing her there was almost like bumping into an old friend- warm and welcoming. We had one dinner that was not so good, and when we mentioned the same to the manager, it was reversed on our bill. We also had one dinner at their sea side Italian restaurant which was quite beautiful, the food was good too. The gym is simple, but well equipped. The beach, well that's a bit of a downer because there is a small patch in the days, which disappears by the evening when the high tide comes in, but they have great swimming pools to compensate. I If you are planning a trip to Pattaya- this would be the hotel I would recommend. It may not be in the heart of the city , but is close enough to it, and they offer a regular shuttle service into town. lt would be nice if they built in a small play area for the kids, but all in all we are looking forward to coming back here really soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear AnjaliKhosla,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Pattaya as your hotel on your recent family vacation. I also read your kind comments on our restaurant page and delighted to read about Khun Kat and the service recovery which was provided. Your feedback for improvement points have been noted and I will definitely look to see what can be considered to further improve our service, facilities, and ultimately guest experience.

Once again, thank you for all of your postings and we look forward to your return soon.

Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Nice and tropical atmosphere with different pool and beach areas. Location, rooms and pools are really good. We enjoyed fresh buffet so much. Very relaxing. hope to visit here soon.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hiroshi H
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Hiroshi H san,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Pattaya Resort on your recent vacation to Thailand. I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed the location and the facilities which includes the beach and the 3 pools. I have passed on your comments about the quality of food and our Chef will be delighted to cook for you again in the future.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort on your next visit to Thailand.