“Nice resort”

Ranked #5 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Providence, Rhode Island
“Nice resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for only one night. The property is in beautiful location, far away from the energetic Pattaya Town. The grounds are very lush and there are three different swimming pools and beach access. The beach did not look inviting but the pools certainly did.

The dinner at Infinite restaurant was amazing. Spectacular sunset coupled with some really good food made it a perfect evening.

The rooms are large, the beds are comfortable. Large bathroom.

Good service. Some language difficulties. This is certainly an above average property.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Reslimpan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I'm delighted to read and learn that you enjoyed the lush tropical surroundings and enjoyed the three pools in the resort. Your comments about the food quality has been passed on to the culinary team as well and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Tomo Kuriyama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

We recently stayed for a long weekend and it was difficult to find fault. The room was huge with a very comfortable bed, great bathroom and balcony - we were in an ocean view pavilion room. The service was excellent, staff very attentive, nothing was too much trouble. Tomo, the GM, seemed to have his finger on the pulse and made an effort to spend time with guests at the resort - he was also mucking in when they were busy. The spa treatments were amazing, we were treated to 3 hours of absolute bliss with massage and facial one afternoon. There was no shortage of complimentary water in our room or by the three pools. The food was very good, however I agree with a previous reviewer that the option of Thai food at Infinity restaurant would be an improvement. All in all a terrific resort very well run, we will be back.

Room Tip: Standard ocean view on top floor seemed very good Ocean view pavilion room was excellent although a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda H
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Linda H,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent birthday celebration. It was a real pleasure to meet everyone and I'm delighted to read your positive experience with us. Your comments for the Spa has been passed on and I'm sure they will be happy to take you away for another 3 hours treatment on your next visit. For your next visit, we will be happy to bring Thai cuisine from our main restaurant so that you can enjoy it with the breathtaking sunset.

Thank you again for being our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Arbroath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Me and a friend have just returned home for an 11 night stay. Could not fault anything with this hotel, beautiful rooms, very clean and good sized balcony. The pool area was great, regular water was brought to your sun lounger and staff were very helpful. We ate at both restaurants which we couldn't fault, was a bit more expensive than eating in the centre of pattaya but you expect this staying in a 5 star. On one occasion my friend had injured her eye the hotel could not have been more helpful by getting transport organised and one of the hotel staff came along to translate. Both him and the taxi waited over an hour at the hospital for us to make sure we got back to the hotel. The next day flowers arrived at our room to wish my friend well which was just lovely. Free wifi was excellent and just did not want to leave this beautiful paradise!

Thanks to all the staff we had a brilliant stay here.

Katrina Osborne

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Katrinaosborne
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Ms. Katrina Osborne,

Greetings from sunny Pattaya!

Thank you for staying with us on your recent vacation. It was great meeting both of you in the resort and I'm relieved that your friend had a speedy recovery. I'm also pleased to read that you both had an enjoyable stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the resort one day.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

The Sheraton Pattaya is supposed to be a 5 star resort - well, it is and it isn't.

If you compare it to the 5 star Sheraton Grande in Bangkok (or any of the other 5 star Starwood properties in Thailand) it doesn't quite match up. The reason is mainly due to the staff. I had considerable problems communicating in English with some, but not all, staff. The women who work on the room service hotline were particularly bad. Also, no-one knows how to make a cappuccino - they always came out lukewarm, even when I asked for extra hot, so that I could get a normal temperature coffee. This is a sign of poor training - obviously the people that make these have never drunk them - milk is not hot just because it foams.

Also, the staff have the 2 & 3 star habit of putting dirty knives and forks back on your table for you to use again - please take the staff to the Sheraton Grande in Bangkok and see how to do this properly - just put a clean set of cutlery down. Putting the dirty utensils back on the table is not 5 star service!

Interestingly, my "in room dining" button on the phone connected with the Spa - made for some interesting conversations when I asked for "room service" until I finally realised what was going on - obviously no-one checks this.

The location is remote (not walkable to anywhere or anything) but that's ok if you want peace and quiet. They do have a shuttle that runs at certain hours. A taxi down the hill to Pattaya will cost THB300 - a real rip off but then that's Pattaya all round.

Rooms are fine and clean. The views from the ocean front rooms are very nice. However, if you are there for work, and want to work in the room, the desk and chair are totally inappropriate for using a computer. Why, in this day and age, can we not have an ergonomically designed chair in the room - the current ones are impossible to work comfortably and efficiently from.

You can't say it's bad, it is a nice place, but is let down by poorly trained staff and the rooms are not designed for doing business.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank berniedsc1
Dear berniedsc1,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and sharing your feedback. I appreciate both positive and negative comments as it helps in identifying areas of opportunity to make improvements. Having worked at Sheraton Grande in charge of the operations, I certainly appreciate the high standards and the working culture they have and will definitely continue to make the improvements to the same standard. As for English, we do have an-going English classes offered to the associates but I apologize if there were communication challenges.

I was surprised to learn about the telephone button error and have raised this topic in our operation meeting today. As of tomorrow, we will start checking each room to ensure every phone is programmed correctly.

Your feedback about the service and temperature of cappuccino has also been noted and I have asked the manager to bring it up in training and ensure we are following our standard.

Berniedsc1, I am delighted to see your support towards Starwood Hotels from you previous postings and may I take this opportunity to thank you once again. I hope to welcome you back to the resort so that you can experience the improvements we made based on your valuable feedback.

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I arrived at the hotel after an overnight flight very early in the morning. Despite arriving hours before the official check in time, the hotel had taken note of my flight time and were expecting me so check in was a breeze and they had a room ready and available for me just an hour or so after arrival. There is no doubt in my mind that I would have been looked after even if a room was not available. From this point on until the moment I left the service levels were exemplary. Despite being almost fully occupied, the team including the General Manager particularly always gave the impression that you had their full attention whenever you had a request or question. They were pro-active in making sure the holiday experience was great. I had a basic room which was huge, very comfortable and had a great view over the ocean. It was clean and everything worked although the rooms will probably be due for refurbishment within the next few years. Breakfast was great value and about as good as I have ever in any hotel with a huge selection. Although it was a buffet, there were plenty of staff around to ensure all requests were met, plates were cleared and coffee or tea was brought to the table. All three pool areas were immaculate, towels were always available and in good condition and the beds were large, seemed new and very comfortable. All public areas were clean and in great order. WiFi also covered all areas from the room to the beach. Even the hotel car back to the airport had WiFi which was a nice touch. As there was curfew in place due to martial law, we ate all I meals at the hotel. Everything we had was delicious and priced as you would expect at a 5 star resort hotel. My only complaint was that there were no real Thai food options at the open restaurant, Infinity, near the ocean. The resort had Thai food but in a different restaurant so if you wanted to eat Thai food somewhere other than where you had breakfast you were out of luck. That said - the more western style food was very good - just not what I wanted on a trip to Thailand. I have no doubt at all I will come back here as the whole experience was just amazing overall. Congratulations to the entire team who are clearly dedicated and focused on service - great job.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear TokyoSG,

Thank you for being our valuable guest on your recent visit to Thailand and I certainly appreciate your detailed feedback.

As a hotelier, it's always rewarding for us to learn that we were able to create a memorable experience for our guests as it's truly what we strive for. Your comments about the food offerings, facility, cleanliness, and of course service are all greatly appreciated and I will be sure to congratulate the team for the job well done. I noted your comment about being able to enjoy Thai food in our Infiniti Restaurant and pleased to share with you that while Infiniti restaurant offers Western Food, our room service team will be happy to bring and serve you Thai food. We hope this way you can enjoy the panoramic view of Siam of Gulf while enjoying authentic Thai food.

Once again, thank you for choosing Sheraton Pattaya Resort and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night at the last minute as a quick getaway from Bangkok as the electricity in our place in our place was being upgraded. Stayed in a "pool terrace" room, which from my understanding had direct access to the pool, at least the pictures looked that way but it didn't. Kinda defeats the purpose of paying extra when you still need to walk to the pool.

Rooms are old and worn, and definitely need upgrading. Bed was pretty uncomfortable for hotel of this standard. Biggest disappointment was the bathroom, our drain was clogged and when taking a shower the bathroom would flood. A call to guest services to inform them did not include any apologies, instead they sent and handyman to fix it but this was close to midnight.

Upon checking out again no mention of the flooded bathroom or any apology for coming to fix the problem at around midnight.

This would be first and last time staying here. Gotta admit, I really regret spending the money to stay here and probably should've stayed home and fight the heat instead...or stayed somewhere else.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank arkom
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear arkom,

Thank you for your feedback through Trip Advisor as well as our online survey.

Once again, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize about the drainage problem you encountered in your room. As I mentioned in my email, I have spoken with the team and will follow up to ensure that our room attendants are more careful in inspecting the rooms. In regards to the room location, our pool terrace rooms are situated along the pool but I apologize if you were under the assumption that it was connected to the pool.

Thank you again for your feedback regarding the bed comfort. We are normally praised as you can see from other reviewers for the comfort of Sheraton Sweet Sleeper but we do have firmer pillows available upon request.

BKK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

My first time staying at sheraton pattaya resort on 17 May 2014, was one of the best experience compare to others resort that I used to visit.
Lobby Area; open-air, beautiful and we could see and breath the sea. This made me smile all the time while we did check in process.
Room; we stayed in ocean facing room, of course we could see the sea. The room was cleaned with nice decoration for honeymooner. Even in the bath room, they set up scrub salt and oil for us.
Swimming pool; very unique and beautiful, feel like oasis.
Restaurant; breakfast was very nice and variety of food.
Staff and service; incredible!! Friendly!! The service from them made us feel like VIP.
Pitchaya S.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Fern_Pitchaya,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I'm pleased to read your comments and will pass on your compliments to the team.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.