“Nice resort in a remote part of Pattaya”

InterContinental Pattaya Resort
Ranked #4 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Bangkok
“Nice resort in a remote part of Pattaya”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

This is a resort on the hill side with rooms surrounding pools, offering a relax atmosphere in busy Pattaya city. The rooms are spacious with plenty of space. My room looks old. Decoration is simple. Furnitures appear to be worn out. No radio clock in the room, only a TV with dvd player. I feel this 9 year old hotel needs to be renovated. Breakfast was decent with good service. I find some staffs could not handle English when asked for direction. Overall it is a good family relax place if you want to escape the busy downtown.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear zakBKK,

Thank you for being our guest at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort.

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere of the resort and the food offerings. Our rooms are decorated with Thai style using rich wood and is equipped with a radio alarm clock. We do have an on-going maintenance preventative program to keep the conditions in room up to standard and will prioritize for this room to be refreshed.

Thank you once again for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back next time when you need an escape from the busy city of Bangkok.

Tomo Kuriyama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I wasn't sure what I would expect upon staying at this hotel, as I was here for vacation with friends. It came as a recommendation and I'll be honest, upon arrival...it was breathtaking! As you can see from the pics I added, this place was magnificent!

We arrived late in the afternoon and to see the sun setting from the lobby was just amazing! What a great way to relax after traveling to Pattaya! The staff welcomed us with outstanding service and with smiles on their faces.

The room was more than I expected, but to be honest I did not stay that much in the room. With the property covering so much area, I spend most of my time taking in the three pools, spa, bars, and just the serene atmosphere.

The spa staff were very friendly and accommodating. I recommend making a reservation as they are always booked! That's a great thing for this hotel. I was able to get in and enhoy their sauna though. It is in a big couples massage room and since it was not being used, I had the whole room to myself. It had a small zen garden in the room, along with a shower to rinse off after.

The seafood buffet was incredible! Fresh seafood prepped to your desire was remarkable. From fresh crab, prawns, squid, and fish it was unbelievable. Then the other buffet entrees were remarkable as well as they had everything from Italian, Chinese, Japanese, and American. It was well worth the price!

In all, this place was a great recommedation and I can't wait to return! The service and the overall hotel was amazing!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Brent K,

Greetings from Sunny Pattaya!

Thank you for visiting us on your recent vacation to Thailand. It was great to welcome you to the resort and I appreciate you posting pictures of the resort as well as the seafood buffet. I apologized that our spa was fully booked but was happy to learn that our spa receptionist was able to accommodate you in our sauna room.

Once again, thank you for your kind feedback and we hope to be your choice of hotel when you return to Pattaya.

Warm regards,
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We have stayed in some nice hotels, this is now one of them. The Sheraton is great low rise hotel and has stayed with the traditional Thai theme. There is always a smiling face as you enter the reception, all the staff are friendly from breakfast to the pool waiters. The rooms are big with great showers and all rooms have a balconies with good views. There are 3 pools to swim in, a number of resturants and a nice little gift shop. The hotel is just out of town, so you don't get any loud noise. There is a shuttle that can take you into town or there are taxis just out the front.
This is a great place to stay, we will stay be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Dave M,

Thank you for being our guest at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort. I'm happy to read your comments and delighted that all of the staff was able to make you feel welcome with a smile on their face. I'm also pleased you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to the shopping mall.

Once again, we appreciate your support towards the resort and hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

kind regards,
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

been here 8 days with no complaints. It's a very nice resort, excellent breakfast. rooms are very spacious with great showers . the staff are very good, would like their English to be a little better but with hand signals things worked out . would like the internet to be a little more accessible and cheaper, $15 a day is expensive. Overall a very nice resort

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear steve b,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent 8 days vacation to Thailand. I regret that I was away from the resort and was unable to meet you in person but pleased to learn that the staff was able to take care of you and your friends.

I noted your comments about internet and while this is a global standard for all Sheraton Hotels worldwide, I hope you were able to enjoy the complimentary internet in public areas. For your future visits, may I recommend that you consider our Pavilion rooms as they have complimentary internet included as an additional benefit.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and we hope to have an opportunity to welcoming you back in the future.

Tiruchirappalli, India
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

It's always a pleasure to be at a Sheraton Resort anywhere in Thailand or South East Asia.
It wasn't much different at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort. What we have come to expect, we can take for Granted. Big, spacious, well done up rooms, a sea facing Balcony with a splendid view of the Gulf of Siam, excellent Breakfast(the Stir Fried Chicken and Fried Rice was spicy and so Delicious I almost cleaned out the dish!). The location is outstanding, just on the edge of Phra Tamnak Hill, next to another great property(Royal Cliff Garden). It was the end of festivities of Songkran when we arrived in Pattaya. We were lucky to catch a glimpse of the weekend Mountain Bike Challenge Race which happened just outside the resort, along the road leading down to Jomtien. The resort shuttle is an excellent service to house guests and would recommend using it as frequently possible to get to downtown and back. Taxis are available through the day and night, even the early hours, but can set you back by about 200-300 bahts each way. The Margaritas we ordered to the room were impeccably made, served chilled and always with a smile!
The swimming pools kept our daughters amused, nice touch to have a open to sky jacuzzi in the pool.
The beach is not exactly suitable for a dip, but they have a made it up by providing a white sandy palm fringed enclave just next to the water for guests to relax. High tide is pretty, low tide isn't.
Sunsets are glorious when watched from our outdoor Sala. But weather is HOT, Humid, Sweaty and Sticky, you need to carry a hand towel if you are walking. Overall a trip to remember for several reasons and the Resort being the foremost among them, would certainly be back here if in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for the pavilion sea view with Sala(balcony), they have only four rooms of this particular type...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear narenkraj,

Thank you for your continuous support to Sheraton's worldwide. I'm pleased to read your detailed feedback and to learn that the resort was one of the highlights of your vacation. I'm delighted to read about your compliments about the food, room decor, location, pools, and other facilities. As we are in the hottest time of the year, it is indeed sunny and hot but I hope you and your daughter was able to enjoy three pools to cool down.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Samut Prakan, Thailand
Reviewed May 2, 2014

The place for relaxation, very nice ocean view room, Amburaya Spa is so great, Infiniti and Elements restaurant are very good for dining with a nice view of the ocean. The hotel staffs are friendly and caring. Never hesitate to be there again.

Room Tip: Ocean view room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Suyanee P
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Suyanee P,

Thank you for your continuous visit to the resort and for sharing your kind comments through Trip Advisor as well as the online survey.

Your kind comments about Spa has been passed on as they deserve and I'm sure they will be delighted to servicing you again on your next visit.

Once again, thank you for being such a loyal guest and I look forward to catching up with you in the resort soon.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in Pattaya for a few days and stayed here at the Sheraton. As soon we pulled up to the entrance I was blown away. The view is spectacular! I feels so surreal like you're looking at a painting. You see the tree line and then nothing but the sky, ocean, beach and the Pattaya coast.

The rooms are as to be expected from a Sheraton resort...magnificent! But what was unexpected was their buffet. The best buffet i ever had. Fresh seafood caught that day still alive when they put it on the grill. So many different choices and options, there is something for everyone. And the dessert... nothing more to say than #nomnom! And for the price you can't beat it!

Three pools! Nice bar and lounge looking over the coast. Best of all is the service! Never had service like that. Felt so welcomed and they my stay more enjoyable.

I went with my boy's but it's the perfect hotel for a romantic getaway.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Kaulana C,

Thank you for visiting us and being our guest at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort. It was great connecting with you in the lobby and I'm glad you enjoyed my recommendation for the seafood buffet. Your kind comments about the service will be shared with the team and I'm sure they will be all delighted to welcoming you back again soon.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the resort hopefully very soon.