“The best desserts !”

Ranked #4 of 449 Hotels in Pattaya
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“The best desserts !”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Because of my husbands work,we stayed in the Sheraton Pattaya Resort.
It turned out to be the best choice!
It is far enough from the hustle and bustle,but not too far to go to the shopping mall with the free shuttle from the hotel
We had a beautiful spacious room and bathroom.
There are fine swimming pools and a great spa.
Every day we went for diner to "the Elements""
The food is good the service excellent,THE DESSERTS created by mister Somsak HEAVENLY !!!
Really Top!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Ans t,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort and dining at Elements Restaurant. I appreciate your positive feedback and pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations. I noted your compliment towards our dessert and we will provide Chef Somsak with the recognition he deserves. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back so that you can enjoy more of Chef Somsak's sweet creations.

Tomo Kuriyama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed February 8, 2014

One of the nicest sunsets I have ever seen from the Infinity Restaurant...and I've seen a few! Be sure to have your cameras ready! A very well organized golf cart service to help you get around the resort, just make sure you call and book well in hand. Breakfast buffet was very nice, great for the kids and plenty of variety. The hotel itself is one of the older ones from the Sheraton chain and the rooms, although well appointed, do need a bit of a makeover. The majority have balconies with great sea views and a drying a rack (very handy!!!). The pool areas are nice, but again, just need a little TLC. Pizza, and they are dam good pizzas, and beer whilst catching some rays is a must. The resort is in a great location, close to the night markets and the hustle and bustle of down town. The overall service was polite as you would expect in Thailand however check in was veeeery long and disheveled and they messed up our room reservation. All of which they apologized for. For the older generation there are many steps so just be aware.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear KartikPurohit,

Greetings from Sheraton Pattaya Resort. Thank you for being our guest on your recent visit to Thailand. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I agree about our sunset being magical from our oceanfront restaurant Infiniti. I also appreciate your comments about the room condition and will certainly be putting focus to making improvements. In regards to the mixup in your reservation at the time of check-in, please accept our apology once again.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed in 4 different locations in Thailand this trip. This place was impressive, and so incredibly comfortable. Three of us stayed in a private pool villa. All the doors from the two bedrooms and the huge living room area opened up completely to our patio pool. Half way down the steps of our entrance was a private gazebo where we enjoyed snacks and cocktails, and at the bottom of of the steps was a section of the beach reserved only for us. There were also two other pools in the complex, one large, and one even bigger. Food in the restaurant was excellent, and service all around was prompt and attentive. There were six of us traveling together and everyone always wanted to hang out at our place. The property was lush, attractive, and well designed. If you are staying in Pattaya, I guarantee you will definitely be pleased, and I am very particular.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Joe7e7,

Thank you for your review on Sheraton Pattaya Resort. It was great meeting you and your friends and to know that your stay with us was comfortable. I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed our private 2 bedroom villa and I also noted your kind comments about the food in the hotel. I will certainly pass on the compliments to the culinary team. We are currently looking into enhancing the menu in both restaurants and I'm sure we will be able to delight you again in your next visit with us.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back.

Warm regards,
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed in a private villa at this resort. It was 2 bedrooms (equal in size and amenities). Each bedroom had a bathroom with both indoor and outdoor showers. There was a large living room / dining room in the middle with a butler room (kitchen) attached. Private infinity pool that overlooked the beach and a cute veranda / gazebo that we used for breakfast and afternoon snacks. The beach wasn't the best, but who needed it - we had the pool which was only steps from the beach and the view that went with it. Breakfast buffet was nice in the mornings (we had one breakfast in our gazebo). Pizza was good at the infinity bar and it is easy to get transportation into Pattaya for a little nightlife or dinner. Staff is very friendly with happy Thai people taking care of your wishes.

Tips:
:: Close up in the late afternoon to avoid mosquitos
:: Cabs have no meters - mostly 200 Baht to go into town
:: Get a tuk tuk -ish (truck with seating) home. 200 Baht is plenty from most places
:: If you walk back at night watch out for packs of stray dogs - better to get a ride
:: Get a card from the hotel with the address when you leave so the drivers can find it late at night.

Room Tip: Can't speak about the regular rooms. We had a private 2 bedroom villa that was awesome. I beli...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear djordan777,

Greetings from warm Pattaya!

Thank you for sharing your comments through Trip Advisor. It was great meeting everyone in the resort and I'm happy to read your comments and to learn that you were satisfied with the facilities and the services. Your pictures are also greatly appreciated as other trip advisor reviewers can also get an idea on what the Villas offer.

Once again, it was great meeting everyone and I hope to welcome you and your friends back one day.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2014

this is our 4th visit to this hotel, its in a great peaceful location, good areas around the pools, breakfast excellent ( even got me some daddies brown sauce) all the staff are excellent and attend to all your needs with a big smile you are made to feel very special .we stayed in a deluxe ocean pavilion well worth the extra cost with stunning views.

Room Tip: all high level rooms have good views.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear W66mag,

Thank you for your long stay visit to Sheraton Pattaya on your recent vacation. As an hotelier, it is always encouraging when our guests continue to return to the resort. Your kind comments through this Trip Advisor as well as your personal email directly to myself has been passed on to the entire resort staff and everyone is looking forward to welcoming you both back.

Happy Chinese New Year and wishing you a great 2014 and see you next January.

Warm regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We had a team building conference at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it was a great experience. The staff stood out as being very accommodating adding a persona to touch to all that they do. The rooms were so comfortable and clean. The location was a perfect little getaway from the hustle and noise of Bangkok. Thank you Sheraton Pattaya from the Fingi Team.

Room Tip: Great service and convenient location.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear fhakimi,

Greetings from warm Pattaya!

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent team building retreat. It was my pleasure to speak with all of you during your meeting and I hope the tropical surrounding helped in bringing out creative ideas for your company.

While I certainly appreciate the support Fingi provides to Starwood and Sheraton, I hope we will be able to welcome you back on the occasion of your personal vacation as well.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and best wishes for you and your colleagues in 2014.

Luxemburg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel goes to extremes to make you welcome. The location in Pattaya is of the main drag and for those who want a classy and beautiful location this is it.

We had a garden view which did overlook the pools and out to the sea......the poolside rooms might have been a better choice....however the quality of the accommodation is as you would expect from a 5 star hotel and a Sheraton resort...no complaints.

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly with the manager leading the way.

I saw him meet and greet in a number of locations including breakfast.....I even saw him managing the litter patrol....not that I saw any............in-front and leading.

If you have some mobility issues this could be challenging as the hotel is located on the side of a hill...that said the buggy service is always at hand and they can ferry you around.

Perhaps the only negative is that the restaurant pricing is similar o high end establishments in the "world "market but not locally........again the food was excellent and service first class.

My test is would I go back again..yes.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are possibly a better location than se side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul W
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Paul W,

Thank you for your detailed feedback and I am thrilled to learn that we exceeded your expectation on this recent occasion. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the rooms and the service from the team. While I'm a bit embarrassed that you saw me doing my litter patrol, I certainly appreciate your comments as well.

I was disappointed to read your comments about the value in the restaurant and have discussed with our Director of Culinary and Services as one of our focus this year is to provide more "value" to our guests. While some of our dishes are priced high due to the imported ingredients, we have taken note of your valuable comment and have decided to implement a
3 course meal with entree options which will be at a very reasonable price to increase value.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back so that you can experience the improvements made based on your valuable feedback.