“holiday in the lap of luxury”

InterContinental Pattaya Resort
Ranked #5 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is one place that knows to treat their guest.the food was exotic and the staff always were willing to help.location is perfect with the rooms over looking the sea.the resort shuttle bus takes you to certain points of the lively pattaya city.its a peacefull place to enjoy your holiday in the lap of luxury

Room Tip: They have villas with pool but the view from the rooms are breathtaking
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear thimmaiah,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort. I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed the services from the resort as well as the food offerings and the view from your room. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you again.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Pattaya Resort

Reviewed November 15, 2013

With panoramic ocean views, set in luscious, well maintained gardens, flowing paths, waterfalls and a series of pools to suit every mood, we loved our oasis away from the hub-bub of Pattaya. This tropical resort flows down the hill to its own private beach with bar. Both restaurants are top notch in all aspects of view, decor, food and service. Breakfast is substantial, there is no wanting for anything.

Character buildings with big well appointed rooms and an ocean view is a must.

Free bus service to the top end of Pattaya which is the main shopping area. A cab from Walking Street up the hill to the hotel is 5-8 min drive.

Room Tip: Ocean view room a must. We were top floor (4th) .
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear bindiy,

Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your experience with us on this online community. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed our three pools and the restaurants. We are very fortunate to be located in an ocean front setting as the Gulf of Siam can certainly enhance the vacation mood for our guests.

Once again, thank you for staying at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort and we hope to have you again as our guest in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Absolutely beautiful hotel. I had no complaints at all. We had a medical emergency and the sales manager Prin came to the hospital with us and waited patiently, translating when required. We felt very well cared for. The facilities are superb, the rooms are spacious and comfortable with baths and showers. The grounds are like a tropical paradise and the three pools are all well-staffed, beautiful and near to the rooms. We were very, very happy here. Elements restaurant was very good - great staff and great food. You can eat indoors or out and you can sleep with balcony doors open. I like this as I hate air conditioning. I wish I could live there!

Room Tip: all the rooms that I saw were great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear justjennie1,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed the tropical resort atmosphere as well as the service and food offerings. While we don't offer any residence facility as you mentioned, we would be delighted to welcoming you back anytime to the resort.

I noted that Khun Prin went out of his way to ensuring that you were well taken care of when you needed medical attention and I am relieved to hear that he was able to help you every way. His demonstration of genuine concern of our guest is certainly what we strive for and I will be sure to provide the recognition to him as he deserves.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is one of the best places that I have stayed recently. The secret.............the secret is the service; to the point that I had a manager serve me my coffee this morning! Seldom happens elsewhere.

Besides the excellent service by everyone...yes, everyone.... the rooms are spacious and immaculate. The rooms are quiet....very quiet. The gardens are well maintained....very well maintained. The facilities....restaurants, pool, fitness center, well....everything was really good. Sooooo different from the Sheraton at Cha-am.

The food at the restaurants...morning, noon, evening.... was very good and the service was stellar. The coffee break food at our board retreat was very good and generous. The seafood at the dinner barbecue was fresh and tasty.

One problem: The organizers of the foundation's board retreat reported to me that the staff assigned to prepare the meeting room for our board retreat was not cooperative. You only need to know this if you are organizing a function at this otherwise excellent hotel. If you are having a problem with the staff, just call a manager.

Otherwise: you will really enjoy this charming, elegant, and fun hotel.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are super quiet. The only whooshing sound one hears during the day is the electric...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear zolaamt,

Thank you for your support towards Sheraton Pattaya Resort on your most recent event. It was great meeting you in person and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the coffee!

I noted your compliments about the service from the team as well as the food offerings and have shared with the team and everyone appreciates it. In regards to the experience for your meeting, please accept my apology. We will try our best to accommodate all change requests in the future more promptly.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to having you whether for business or leisure.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Sheraton Pattaya Resort is located in Pattaya and it has to be one of the best hotels I`ve ever stayed in! The general outlook of this hotel is outstanding, highly luxurious and elegant, but modern at the same time. It has a private beach which is amazing, and it is also a very secluded hotel, making your stay even more comfortable and relaxing. The room we had was gorgeous, very spacious and clean, and it had a beautiful view. We felt very welcomed and relaxed during our stay here, and this is a place I will go back every time I will have the chance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EdmundUFrenchTasic
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear EdmundUFrenchTasic,

Thank you for being our guest on your most recent visit to Thailand. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the resort and even rated us as one of the best hotels you've stayed in the past. Your comments about the resort facilities and the staff has been well taken and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Had a wonder experience. The sea view villa with twin queen sized bed was just magnificient. Truely high standard. Breakfast spread was impressive. Thank you sheraton for making this a memorable trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear rsky1124,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Sheraton Pattaya Resort on Trip Advisor.

I'm most pleased to read that you enjoyed the room, view, and our restaurant offering. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a lovely stay here for two days. Excellent service, good food and it was extremely relaxing.

I do have one big complaint though, which this hotel should not take personally because nearly every hotel is exactly the same.

I really do wish that these hotels would start ...

1. Offering more vegan options.
2. Veganising many of the dishes that would be extremely easy and taste exactly the same if they were vegan.

Why? Because many people are interested in choosing animal free meals, for their health, the planet and the animals. Even people who are not vegan still want to be eating more vegetables. Wouldn't it be great if a hotel actually offered "real" healthy options rather than the BLT that they currently promote as bring a balanced meal. I know the chefs at these places are all classically trained, but if I can learn how to prepare an incredible lasagna, burger or curry, surely these chefs can too? Just buy a cookbook like Chloe's kitchen or Isa Does It for a huge range of easy to prepare dishes. As more people move towards a plant-based diet, the more Sheraton will get more customers if they are ahead of the curve! Did you know that at the Wynn casinos in Las Vegas, every restaurant has a vegan menu? Be ahead of the curve!

One of the delightful waitresses asked us why she didn't see us at breakfast. I told her that for us, it is terrible value. Paying buffet prices for fruit and bread only? No thanks... We just brought our own and ordered coffee. It would be so easy for them to provide tofu scramble, pancakes, muffins and no one could tell the difference! I would pay for breakfast 3 times over!

I know the GM reads the reviews. I hope this does not upset you because all five star hotels are the same. I want to give you the opportunity to be different and make a difference! Hank you... We did have a lovely stay, and the food we set was very good, although we had to make many substitutions to be able to eat.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brighde R
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear brighde,

Thank you for being our guest and for providing us with valuable feedback. I appreciate the time you took in providing me with your opinion on vegan option. I welcome all feedback and certainly did not take it personal.

In regards to our restaurant menu, I agree that we have many opportunity in improving options and variety in our restaurants to cater to all of our guest needs. I will discuss with our Food and Beverage team and will look into for our new menu in December.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and I'm happy to read that otherwise you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future so that you can see the positive change we make from your feedback.

Kind regards,