“Nice Gardens”

Ranked #5 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Miami
“Nice Gardens”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you like to be a little bit more isolated form the action of Walking Street then this place may suit you. I found the resort to be nice however it seems like its a bit dated. It was just average to me. The grounds are great with a lot of gardening and forestry so its nice to walk around and very peaceful and serene. The pool is also very nice. Don't expect any good beach here to swim in.

The bed was ok and the shower was fine. But as mentioned above there seems a bit dated and there was a musty old smell to my room.

The buffet breakfast was ok but way overpriced for Thailand. Internet is only free in the lobby or restaurant common areas otherwise you have to pay.

The people at the resort were very nice and always smiling so A+ there but other than that this place was still average to me. I've been to a lot of nicer places for cheaper prices. No to mention if you wanna go anywhere you're gonna need a taxi or tuk tuk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear MiamiTravler1024,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to read that you were pleased with the service and the grounds of the resort. In regards to room condition, I regret to hear that you felt it was outdated as the design of the rooms are influenced from Thai culture using rich wood. However, I will personally follow up with the odor you mentioned and would like to ask you to contact me directly so that I can request for the room number. You can reach me directly at tomo.kuriyama@sheraton.com.

Once again, thank you for being our valuable guest and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Tomo Kuriyama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great pool with a variety of settings, small but well kept beach with a great view of the sunsets, and superb food options. Only detriment is not central to the tourist areas so you will need your own car or over priced transport to leave the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear moorefun,

Greetings from Sheraton Pattaya Resort.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience through Trip Advisor. I'm most pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that Sheraton Pattaya Resort will be included in your returning visit to Thailand and that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Usually you can't go wrong with hotels that are rated high on TripAdvisor, unfortunately our stay at the Sheraton in Pattaya was a bit of a let down. I am actually an SPG member so I am usually pretty inclined to book a Sheraton hotel, especially when they have high ratings. However this experience would probably makes me think twice about booking a Sheraton hotel next time I travel.

The hotel is located a 15 minute car ride away from Pattaya city center, which is quite nice because you get to be away from all that craziness. There are free shuttles going to the city center, tho you do have to book those in advance as they do fill up.

The lady who checked us into the hotel did not speak good English. She sounded like she did when she was telling us about the hotel and the facilities, but once I started asking a few questions she gave me a really puzzled look and did not understand me at all.

The property itself is quite beautiful. The view over looking the ocean is fantastic. The three swimming pools are not too big, but I don't actually swim either so they were good enough for me to play around in. What I don't understand is how people are allowed to smoke by the swimming pools. It was absolutely disgusting. Who wants to be smelling other people's second hand smoke while sunbathing? There were young children playing by the swimming pools as well. I saw 3 different groups smoking by the pool during my 3 day stay, so I am pretty sure if it is not technically allowed, it is definitely tolerated. They even had ash trays. This alone is something that would make me not return to a hotel. Sheraton is an international chain, and international health and sanitation standards should not be compromised just because the location has changed.

I had room 409, which is a standard ocean view room. I wasn't very impressed with our room. The room was pretty small considering the location. It is not even in Pattaya city center and the rooms are so small! The hotel I stayed at in Bangkok near Siam was similarly priced and was at least 50% bigger, if not double the size. If I remember correctly, the resort opened in 2005, making it 8 years old, but you would never know that from the condition our room was in. It looked more like it was 30 years ago. Pretty obvious they don't invest in upkeep as much as they should. The TV was pretty small, and it's not even directly in front of the bed, meaning watching an already pretty small TV at an angle.

The bathroom was the weirdest thing. While it is very cute and I loved the way it looked, the sink was set up in a way that every time you try to wash your hands water splashes everywhere. There is no way to avoid it. Our sink area was flooded everyday despite our best efforts to not splash water around. The shower floor is slanted, making it so that the water never goes down the drain in the one corner.

The service ranged from average to excellent. We had one guy who was just so genuinely friendly he made us feel very welcome. The other staff were mostly quite nice as well, tho I think some of them can definitely use more work on their English skills. When we checked out, I asked the bell guy to call our pick up company because they were already 10 minutes late. I just wanted to make sure they were coming and we hadn't missed them. But he kept on telling me things that were irrelevant instead of making the call, like they're late often and they might be picking other people up. Any other hotel anywhere would have been like "no problem maam." and made the call right away. What I wanted was for him to make that call so I can have a peace of mind, not his personal opinion on how late my ride to the airport was going to be. The very nice front desk lady actually saw that I was struggling with the bell guy and came and told me she had already called them and they were on their way. That's all I needed to know.

We ate in the hotel every single day while we stayed there. Both their western dishes and Thai dishes are quite delicious. I liked that they don't put an extra tips box like so many other places in Thailand do despite gratuity being included in the final bills.

Overall I think this is a hotel that can be pretty great if A. smoking by the pools was banned, B. more staff training, especially in English, and C. better upkeep of guest rooms.

From my experience this time I don't think I will return to this hotel. Won't be recommending it to anyone either.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank justinehsu
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear justinehsu,

First and foremost, thank you for staying with us and for your support towards SPG program. I regret to hear of some negative experience you encountered and may I take this opportunity to offer my sincere apology. I have spoken with the team and we will refocus on conducing more English classes for better communication.

I noted your comment about the smoking policy and apologize for creating an uncomfortable environment for you. Health and safety of our guest is certainly a priority for us and for this reason we do have designated smoking areas with signs on the tables. I have asked the pool team to ensure they are monitoring and that the rules are properly reinforced.

Your comment about the room condition has been well acknowledged. We do have an on-going room preventative maintenance program throughout the year and I will prioritize for this room to be refreshed right away.

In regards to your comment about the pool and the room, I was surprised to read that you felt it was not adequate in size. The resort offers three separate pools and normally we are complimented for the characteristics of each pool which includes the size. For the guest rooms, our standard room starts at 45sqm not including the balcony which is among the largest in Pattaya hotels.

Justinehsu, I appreciate all feedbacks whether positive or negative and I appreciate you taking your time to provide them to us. We will take your feedback as a tool to make improvements and we hope you will consider providing us with another opportunity in the future.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

stayed at the resort for a meeting from 12-16 Aug. Was impressed with the open concept lobby upon arrival. The resort was built on the slope thus there are many slope/ steps to walk.
There are 3 pools located in the centre of the resort and they are beautiful and relaxing to swim in with not much guests.
There are no beach at the resort but you can take a walk around the beautifully landscaped resort.

Room Tip: ou get a f&b voucher of THB150 daily if you rejected housekeeping (need to hung out the tag on t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shalli A
Dear Shalli,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort.

I am pleased to learn that you were impressed with our lobby and hope your meeting in the resort was productive. As you described, Sheraton Pattaya is a resort style hotel offering 3 pools and tropical landscaping which is ideal for relaxation. Whether your next visit will be for another meeting or for pleasure, I hope you will have some free time to relax and enjoy the resort facilities. I look forward to welcoming you back and meeting you in the resort.

Kind regards,
Upminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel was FANTASTIC!! Me & my partner stayed here for 14 nights for her birthday. We arrived late at night on the 1st night from the airport, but the staff greeted us asoon as we stepped of the coach, they took our bags and got us checked-in quick. On arrive to the room we found a complementary birthday cake and some free spa vouchers. The room was stunning, on the 3rd floor it had a massive queen size bed (American Style) just what you need after your travels, an amazing view over the sea. The restaurants were alittle expensive for Thailand prices but it is a 5 star hotel so you pay for what you get. I would strong recommend eating at INFINITI in the hotel, it has an amazing view overlooking the entire ocean and the food was brilliant. The entire stay was well worth the money and the staff tend to your every need. I found visit Thailand again but probably not Pattaya as we were the only british tourists there. Everyone else was either Russian or Indian.

Room Tip: I would advise taking vantage of the Spa facilities, It was great value for money. The staff were ve...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luke T
Dear Luke T,

Greetings from Sunny Pattaya!

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Thailand. I'm thrilled to learn that your 14 nights in the resort met your expectation and that we were able to create memorable stay for your special birthday occasion. I have also taken note of your compliments about the Infiniti restaurant and will pass your compliments with the team.

Thank you once again for being our guest and sharing your experience through Trip Advisor.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Sheraton Pattaya has all good things of what hotels in this class should. I was not given more than that. Garden view rooms on 1 and 2 floor was not impressive. I would pay more to get ocean view on 3rd floor. Swimming pools are small. Check-in was delayed so i could enjoy the stunning view in the lobby Staff were friendly especially with foreign. I am Thai so i needed to request for welcome drink and cool towel after 20 mins of arrival.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Watit
Dear Khun Watit,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I must admit that I was very disappointed to learn that there was a delay at check-in and that you did not receive the welcome drink promptly. I have shared your comments with the Front Office Team and they have been reminded of the importance of the Arrival Experience.

Despite this isolated incident, I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back so that we can regain your trust and confidence in Sheraton Pattaya Resort.

Kind regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Have a chance to visit Sheraton Pattaya 1st time in Aug. month with parents. It's a good experience there in terms of accommodation, service, and overall facilities. Breakfast is fine. All staff take a very good care and pay attention to customers. Just a small thing that it'll be much happier if you can provide free internet access in the room. Anyway, in overall, it's great impression to take a break at Sheraton Pattaya. Will defnitely visit again and again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sopana
Dear Sopana,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Pattaya on your getaway with your parents. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us overall. As you mentioned, there is a charge for internet in our guestrooms but wifi in all public areas are complimentary and I hope you were able to take advantage of this. Furthermore, we have promotions for our pavilion package which does include internet and I hope you will consider booking this package for your next visit.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.