“Thank you from the bottom of our hearts”

InterContinental Pattaya Resort
Ranked #3 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I would like to thank the whole team of the Sheraton Pattaya for giving me the best wedding anyone could wish for. From the food, to the service, to the decoration, the whole staff attention through all our stay. Our guests were very impressed by everything. Thanks to Chef Spencer (the best Chef in Town! hands down!) To the GM, Tomo, our wedding organizer K. Nok and has I said: to all the staff in Latitude and at Infiniti who were patient enough to every day accommodate a family of 15 for lunch and dinner ... Our 5 day stay there could have not been better...For whoever is reading this, please try all the food at Infiniti, the warm salad, the Infiniti burger, the Thai choices...everything was perfect. The service was always there for us. We required a lot of trips in the buggy for our 81 year old mum and they were there always to help us... Just a Great getaway-Wedding! I cant wait to go back! Thanks again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Mrs. 555Bella555,

First and foremost, congratulations again on your wedding. It was great meeting you and your family and I'm pleased to read that we were able to create a memorable experience on this special occasion. Everything about the wedding was amazing and pictures you posted look fantastic! Chef Spencer and Khun Nok have also read your kind words and we are now looking forward to your anniversary returning visit.

Once again, thank you for choosing Sheraton Pattaya Resort and from all of us at the resort, we wish you many of years of happiness to come.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

A family favourite where the rooms are big, comfy and the service very attentive to our needs. We can't rate the standards high enough as we have everything we need within a resort like this. The kids love the pools and the restaurants provide a great selection of food and drinks during the day or evening. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: A Pavillion close the the pool and Infiniti restaurant.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Rose P,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Pattaya. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that your children were able to enjoy the sunshine and our pools. I have shared your feedback with our culinary team and they too appreciate your feedback.

Please don't wait too long before visiting us again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 28, 2013

One of the best locations in Pattaya: it's secluded, and quiet but still close to the city. The hotel property is beautiful, and the rooms are nice.

However, the service level is far too low to be called a 5 star hotel. In the first 24 hours, I struggle to point to one thing that was done with correctly or with care. On arrival to our room, the air conditioning was broken and it took a little under two hours to fix. While I was waiting for the repairman to fix it, I thought I might get online to check my e-mail. Only about 15% of the room had wifi coverage -- and not the desk.

We also sent Express Laundry on arrival to be done in three hours since we arrived from somewhere else and had no clean clothes. It was returned on-time, but it was returned still somewhat wet.

The next day, when I wanted to send laundry again, they had not replaced the bag and it took 3 phone calls to get the staff to understand what I wanted.

There were the main problems, but there were many more little annoyances. I spoke to the manager on duty on the second day, and she was very attentive and fixed all of the outstanding issues. They gave us our own WiFi hotspot for the room -- so it seems they were prepared because some rooms they know don't have coverage. Why not just fix the problem and get a proper wireless engineer on site?

They also gave us a voucher for the spa, but we did not have any time to use it. Instead, they offered us free breakfasts the next day. I was happy and satisfied they took the care to resolve the problems. I would have left a 3-star review. Until, breakfasts arrived and they forgot half the items.

Again, when I called, they really had a hard time understanding my problem. I told them we ordered breakfast and items were missing -- but she wanted to send 2 new entire breakfasts. English level didn't seem very high. I realize I'm in a foreign country, but I expect bilingualism at a resort like this.

There's a lack of attention to detail everywhere at this hotel. I gave them a chance to fix the issues, and the mistakes didn't stop.

Save your money and avoid this overpriced hotel. It's 5 star in name only, you can save your money and stay at one of the other nice hotels in Pattaya.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Berlinflyer83,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort on your recent visit to Thailand. I have reviewed your feedback and regret to hear of the continuous challenges that you encountered. It's certainly not to our standard and I am very disappointed that we were not able to turn around your experience before you left. Please accept my apology and allow me to personally follow up.

In regards to internet, I certainly realize the importance for our guests and have been discussing with the Internet Service Provider and a 3rd party network consultant. We have made several changes together with the Internet Provider and currently testing and monitoring the results. In addition, we are in the midst of adding additional 38 access points which in fact started this past Sunday. This process should be completed shortly and we feel confident that we will see major improvements.

As far as the breakfast experience, I will look into providing further training for both English and the delivery process. This is certainly not acceptable and please accept my sincere apology for this.

Mr. Berlinflyer83, thank you once again for providing us with valuable feedback and I do hope that you will give us another opportunity so that we can regain your confidence in the resort.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Sheraton Pattaya Resort is really beautiful and clean! Love that it has 3 pool areas! It's a great getaway from the buzzling city in Bangkok! Food at the hotel restaurant is really good too! Do take the trail up to the hill to see the coastline of Pattaya and visit Big Buddha. But beware of taxi scams, especially taxis that lined outside the resort.

Room Tip: Request one with a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear kaylen,

I'm happy to learn that you were able to enjoy your getaway from Bangkok at our resort. Our location and facilities are certainly suitable for the relaxation. I'm also glad to read that you enjoyed the sight seeing and hope that you will come back as there are many more attractions which will open soon such as the first theme water park!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights wished we stayed for more
On arrival we were upgraded to another room that was so nice the bath water came out from a wall fountain huge comfy bed and pillows were just as comfy soft and cuddly
We were a few steps away from infinity pool which we could see from our huge well furnished balcony we had a view of the ocean as well
It's a huge place well set out for privacy does take some walking up and down stairs to get around but you can call for the buggy to get picked up
It's in a great location 3 aud cab ride into town

• Stayed: June 2013
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Kellielk,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort through Trip Advisor. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed our Pavilion category rooms as well as the location of the resort. I hope you had a safe trip back to Australia and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We've been very satisfied with the rooms offered to us as Starwood Platinum Members. The service is good, cleanliness meets standards, but we realised that the staffs capability in communicating in English is dwindling, compared with the years before.
The gym is rather underdeveloped but very clean.

Room Tip: try to get away from poolside
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear hfb2013,

Greetings from Sunny Pattaya!

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Pattaya Resort on your recent visit. I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed the room and the cleanliness of the resort. I have taken note of the English level from our resort and will share with our training manager to put further focus in conducting more classes for improvements. May I thank you again for your support towards Starwood and being our valuable Platinum guest.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Facility is good with old style decoration. Food is not bad but not great however it is value for its' price. Great scenaric view as it is on mountain so it needs car to transport to night life road or if you need to buy things although there is free shuttle to big department store but it has llimited schedule.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Khachadpai A
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Khachadpai A,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort on your recent visit. I regret to read that our food did not enhance your experience and will share with the culinary team so that we can make improvements. We are currently in the midst of making improvements to the Infiniti Kitchen and tentatively planning for new menu in October so I hope you will see the improvements on your next stay with us.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to meeting you in person on your next visit.