“Best one in pattaya and real 5 stars”

InterContinental Pattaya Resort
Ranked #5 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand
“Best one in pattaya and real 5 stars”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Sheraton Pattaya resort is without doubt my favorite hotel in pattaya, From a simple quick check in with friendly staffs (very well train staffs) the hotel is very welcoming. Big swimming pools and even a private beach and a great view over the bay, The seafood buffet in the evening is really great value and you are spoilt for choice. my only negative is that there whilst there is free wifi in public areas. Don's miss sunset happy Hour 5-7 pm with best cocktail choices and more drink at Infinity bar buy one get one free very good value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Apichet L,

Greetings from Sheraton Pattaya Resort. Thank you for your compliments about our staff, pools, food quality, and location. I'm most happy to read that you felt your experience was of a good value. As we are located so close from Bangkok, we look forward to welcoming you back soon to the resort.

Warm Regards,
Tomo Kuriyama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

beautiful hotel i would say, great location, nice view and very good GM.
i feel relax and dont want to come back to bangkok because of this hotel made me feel very good. The great service and warm welcome from everyone.
everthing more than we expect, thank you to everyone we will be back soon and i will recommend to all.

• Stayed March 2013
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Pipat O,

Happy Thai New Years from Sheraton Pattaya Resort!

It was great to connect with you during your stay and I'm most pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy your time with us. As we are so close from Bangkok, please do come back whether it's for a quick relaxation getaway or to celebrate a special occasion.

On behalf of the entire resort associates, may I thank you again for choosing the Sheraton Pattaya and we look forward to welcoming you back to your "home away from home".

Reviewed April 10, 2013

unbelievable the location it is on the moutain with wonderful view.
i went there with family and friends and we all were very happy with the service team since start to the end.
GM Khun Tomo was really care of his guests and gave us with warm welcome til we back home.
we really want to give big thanks to everyone who work for Sheraton the made us happy with this trip.
i will return soon when we has chance and i ll recommend to everyone.
thank you very much.

• Stayed March 2013
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear tartum,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort on your recent family and friends vacation. I'm happy to read that all of us at the resort was able to provide the warm welcome Thailand is known for. We certainly look forward to welcoming you, your family, and your friends back to the resort.

Singapore
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights for a work seminar in the hotel. The staff was very friendly and had me checked in within minutes. Due to the way the rooms are built around the hotel, I had to take a buggy to get from the reception to the room.

The room was very big and smelled of old wood. This was probably consistent with most beach resort rooms. The bathroom was spacious too. The gym was decently sized and not crowded at all. Room service was quick and food was good. The hotel provided an electric mosquito repellent in the room but I still woke up with 7 mosquito bites. There must be a big gecko in my room as well because I got woken up not by my alarm but by the really loud clicking sound it made.

Breakfast was generous and had good variety. We were also treated to dinner by the beach for the 1st night which was really relaxing and a refreshing change to eat with your feet in the soft powdery sand. The 2nd night, I adjusted the air conditioning to be really cold so I didn't get more mosquito bites and it worked. I still could hear the gecko but never found it in my room.

As it was a short stay for work, I didn't manage to enjoy the pools or relax much in the hotel's facilities. There were regular shuttle services from the hotel to the town area. All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Junita56,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience through Trip Advisor. I'm pleased to read that the seminar went well and that you enjoyed your dinner on the beach. Your comment towards the service and friendliness of staff is most appreciated.

Due to the nature of our lush tropical garden and the warm climate in Thailand, we do have routine fogging and spraying by a professional third party to attempt keeping mosquito under control but I regret to hear that in this case it interrupted your sleep.

As you were not able to take advantage of the facilities due to the short stay and work on this last occasion, I do hope you will consider returning to the Sheraton Pattaya on your next vacation. I'm confident that we will be able to create a memorable experience for you.

Misawa Japan
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at this resort and overall it was a nice place. Setting up reservations were easy, the check-in staff at the front counter were nice and the location is lovely. One gripe I do have is that they did not have free wifi in the rooms, atleast thats what I was told, so if you are planning to stay here make sure you are aware of that. Another thing is that the staff uses a buggy/golf cart to drive you from the front desk to your room which is convenient except when the cart is currently in use and no where to be found as they only use one. So I would really like to see them use multiple carts as to avoid me having to walk back and forth from my room when one is in use.

Another good thing is that they will contact a taxi for you in order to get into Pattaya city or back to the airport when you leave. Be sure to know the taxi price of the destination before you get into the vehicle.

Food service. It's going to be expensive, thats just something that comes with the territory so be prepared for that if you plan to order food to your door. Housekeeping is excellent, customer service was excellent, the view I had of the beach was excellent.

Overall this was a good hotel and experience for my first trip to Thailand, I'll definitely keep this hotel in mind but might opt for a cheaper place next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travller20
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Travller20,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort and sharing your comments with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the overall facilities and services. In regards to your comment about complimentary wifi, while there is a charge in the guest rooms we do offer complimentary wifi through the public areas. Furthermore, guest can connect with family back home at the "Link at Sheraton" which is located on the mezzanine floor below the front desk which is open 24 hours and also complimentary. On your next occasion, may I also recommend our promotions for our pavilion category which are available through the year directly on our website which often includes breakfast and internet. I would be delighted to personally assist you in making your future reservation and can be contacted at tomo.kuriyama@sheraton.com.

I also noted your comment about the buggy service and while we do have four vehicles dedicated for guest transportation, I regret to hear that we were not able to assist you on each occasion. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Once again, thank you for sharing your review of the Sheraton Pattaya Resort and I look forward to welcoming you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality.

Warm regards,
San Francisco
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I've stayed here 5 times over the past few years and can safely say that the only reason I go to Pattaya is this hotel. Pattaya has gotten seedy over the last 20 years. The city itself is congested. Think spring break -- but with adults, not college kids. This resort transports you from 'dirty' pattaya to paradise.

It is a family and couples place. You will hardly hardly hardly get the guy with the bar girl staying here. I've seen it once here. Not that there's anything wrong with it...

The reason I've given the hotel 4 points is because there are some areas of improvement. Namely, the reservations department and on a few occasions, check-in staff.

Reservations: This is happened a couple of times already and so I thought it's worth mentioning. Calling to make a reservation directly with the hotel -- the ladies who pick up the phone seem a little snooty and unaccommodating. Most recently, I requested a King size bed and the lady said, we only have 2 queens, you can "take it or leave it." The attitude seemed misplaced for when we're paying close $300 for a night.

Rates: One of the more expensive hotels in Pattaya. They also do not have a Local's Rate -- a cheaper rate for Thai people. Usually it's cheaper by $50 or $60 when compared to an average internet rate. Which sucks if you're Thai. (Most other Sheratons in Thailand do have a local rate.)

Check-in: Has been pleasant. You receive a welcome drink and a cold-wet cloth -- which are refreshing. Perhaps it feels so refreshing because at times there is no air circulation in the check-in area. When the wind is dead -- it is dead hot up there. The check-in ladies are usually great -- however, once they wouldn't upgrade me with my SPG gold benefits, stating that all rooms are fully booked. However, I checked online at spg.com and they still had the next category room available. I find that the "sorry, we don't have anymore rooms to upgrade you" excuse is used a lot in Thailand, so don't stand for it! Maybe it happens elsewhere too -- but I don't feel it as much.

Rooms: I've stayed in the Garden View, Ocean View, and Pavilions (both top and ground floow). They were all great. In the Pavilions, you get a double sink and a nice sized square tub (it can fit 2 or 3 easily). You also get a little veranda thing outside. Although, I didn't use it much because the furniture was a little hard. With the Pavilions, I would recommend staying on the top pavillion. On the ground level pavilion, sometimes you can hear the footsteps of guests staying on the top and if you want to sleep in -- it's a little annoying.

Breakfast: Wonderful! On the weekends, I think they're open till 11am. A great selection, as with many hotels of this calibre in Thailand. You can even order eggs benedict as part of the breakfast buffet! (Although it was so-so).

Would I stay here again? Yes. I will most likely wait for non-peak periods, when a Pavilion can be as low as $180-200.

Room Tip: If you're going for a Pavilion and like quietness, go for the top floor one.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank atanner100
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear atanner100,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort and providing us with your feedback.

I'm pleased to read that overall you enjoy the resort and consider it as "paradise". I have taken note of your comment about the front desk agent and reservation and apologize for not meeting your expectation. As I would like to personally follow up, it would be most appreciative if you can provide me with details on which of the 5 stays these instances occurred. You can reach me directly at tomo.kuriyama@sheraton.com. In the meantime, I will share your comments with the respective team to provide a refresher training in an effort to make improvements.

Once again, thank you for your continuous support and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Had a fantastic time here , the staff were excellent , the resort with it's pools and beautiful gardens made it a paradise in an otherwise uninsipring Pattaya . We ventured down to Pattaya only twice in the 6 days we were there and then only to beat a hasty retreat back to the secluded oasis of the Sheraton . We had an ocean view room which was huge with amazing views . Really enjoyed the two hour happy hour at Infinity as well as the ever welcoming staff . Overall a great place to relax and kickback all the while being pampered to the 10th degree .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Michaeljustinbe,

Thank you for staying with us on your most recent visit to Pattaya, Thailand. I'm pleased to hear that you were able to make the most out of your 6 days vacation. We hope you will consider to stay with us again on your next retreat.