“Superb! Great view and Comfy room!”

InterContinental Pattaya Resort
Ranked #4 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Superb! Great view and Comfy room!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The lobby was amazing! Once we step out from the taxi, our eyes was caught by this amazing lobby, we was like "wow, how nice!"

We sit down and check in, the staff bring us a glass of cold water and a cold towel with lemon-grass scented, it help to peace our mind after a long journey from Bangkok to Pattaya, what a nice touch!

Very comfy Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed that never disappoint me, and the pillow (soft one) so far was the best that I ever have. Feel like buying one to bring home!

Infiniti, a great place to have a drink and enjoy the stunning view, but the food was just ok, ranked average.

The location of the hotel was a bit far from downtown, but they do provide complimentary shuttle to Central Festival. Strongly recommend to pre-book return shuttle as it only can carry up to 14 persons.

It was really an amazing hotel, we enjoyed our stay and we will definitely come back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonpattaya, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear ELF_WhoLovesToTravel,

Greetings from Sheraton Pattaya Resort, and I hope that you are well. Thank you so much for posting your comments on Tripadvisor, and everyone is delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.
I do hope that your future travel plans will bring you back to us again!

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel has seen better days and yet I thoroughly enjoyed staying here as with a motorcycle you are 5 Nina from Jomtien and 10 mins to central Pattaya. Frankly Pattaya wears thin quickly and Jomtien is great so this affords the best of everything, as it is a well maintained resort and the service is excellent.
I booked on spg.com which is Sheraton's home web site and I ignored the cheap offers for Garden rooms and breakfast. So the ocean view is literally that......over the roof tops the ocean simmered and was always there to feast on. Breakfast I missed 3 of 4 days and as I stated the motorbike gave me excuses to travel down the quiet Beach Road in Jomtien all the ways to great seafood Thai restaurants.
Without the motorbike I would have freaked a little as this is a ways and the taxi pickups get a bit boring and annoying.
Here's where the hotel exceeded all expectations ....checked out Sunday 9/2 and went off to Jomtien for jet skiing etc. came back to collect bags all wet and dirty and the hotel made the spa shower available to us as we waited for our taxi to drive us back to Bangkok.
Checking in was a little annoying as initially they tried to fob off a non ocean view and I was really pissed but they came through and all was good rom then on.
Note that this is a resort and without transportation it can be isolating which I guess is great for some ... I like the ability to go discover and so I would sleep there and otherwise stop by to shower. The pools are huge and the gardens are kept up really nicely. Lastly know that the beach access is really non existent which is fine as they do have sand facing the ocean right above and at the ocean. Service was really good. You stopby a pool and a water bottle is immediately presented and extra towels brought by.
I had stayed prior at Amari Ocean in Pattaya but preferred this change of pace. Sooner rather than later the rooms need some tender loving career the resort will be judged harshly

Room Tip: Be prepared to need taxis to get away
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Arsenal14_12
Dear Arsenal14_12,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments here, and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am especially proud of the team here, and thank you for pointing out the extra little things such as the shower room at the spa and the pool service, as we believe these can really make a difference to your experience with us!
You will be glad to hear that we are working at the moment on refurbishment plans for various areas at the resort also, and expect to see some changes in the new year.

Than you again & Warmest Regards
Bangkok
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Even thought the resort is so far away from town and quite hard to find at first for us tourists, but the place is a wonderful hideaway for holiday. It's beautifully designed with nice pools.We were also very impressed with exceptional service of the staffs.

the Infiniti restaurant has spectacular sunset view, which is the most beautiful I've ever seen in Pattaya. However, the food doesn't taste as good for our liking. (We're Thai locals.)-- so personally, I do not think the restaurent has value for money.

Room Tip: The resort might be hard to reach if you don't have your own vehicle.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Worama U
Dear Worama U,

Greetings from Pattaya and I hope that you are well! Thank you so much for posting your positive comments here, and everyone at the resort very much appreciates you taking the time. I do hope to be able to welcome you back to the resort in the future, and while dining at Infiniti, you are very welcome to order from our Elements restaurant menus, where we have a wide range of Thai cuisine prepared by our awarding winning Thai chef, for you to enjoy during the sunset!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Overall this is a very nice place to stay, although there are a few minor drawbacks. The resort is a five minute drive away from town. Far enough away from the loudness of downtown Pattaya but close enough to get to all that Pattaya has to offer.
Our room was very spacious, with a large bathroom and a balcony where we could enjoy the sunset. The rooms have solid, but heavy furniture. So, if the occupants in the room above you decide to move some chairs, the noise can be disturbing. Our room also had a problem with the safety latch sticking out in the open position where it could injure someone in the side or shoulder, or even in the face of a child.
There are three very large pools to relax in. The pools are well maintained and great for swimming or just floating around. Unfortunately, the pools are open only from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. so it is not possible to enjoy a relaxing late evening swim. The gym is a typical hotel gym, enough to provide a short workout while one is on vacation.
The breakfast buffet is somewhat limited but satisfactory. The business center is small with only four terminals. The business center temperature, unfortunately, is usually uncomfortably warm.
The property has a beach front but the shore is rocky, so swimming is dangerous. However, it is nice and secluded for a daytime tan or an evening stroll.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank acrami
Dear Acrami,

Hello from Sheraton Pattaya, and thank you very much for posting your feedback here on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and we have taken action to correct the door latch and the airconditioning in the Business Centre. We do also have our Link @ Sheraton open 24 hours with complimentary Internet access and PC use for all of our guests!

Thank you again, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to our resort.
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have repeated staying at this resort several times cuz I love their pool, accommodation decoration and the Infiniti restaurant. Imagine you are sipping champagne or a pint of beer during the sunset by the most beautiful/peaceful side of Pattaya beach. A bit costly to stay here but it is worth to spend!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank JimmyLovesJazz
sheratonpattaya, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear JimmyLovesJazz,

Hello from Sheraton Pattaya Resort, and I hope that you are well!
I am delighted that you enjoy your stays at our resort, and particularly our Infiniti restaurant and views. Certainly many of our guests take advantage of our happy hours at Infiniti, and to enjoy the stunning sunsets over the islands. I do hope that I can welcome you back in the near future to enjoy the views again!

London
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed in several hotels in Pattaya over the years during business trips. This is on the hill to the south west of the 'drag', next to the Royal Cliff Hotel, and the poshest part of town. Ten minutes taxi to the beachfront bars. Hotel rooms are spacious, well appointed and most have a lovely view as they built down a hill - plenty of walking. Reasonable restaurants and nice beach. Service was excellent. We paid Baht 7600 (£150) per night in Aug 2012 which I thought was pricey when the Sheraton in Bangkok charged less than Baht 6000. But if you go on a package or get a good rate, I recommend it as a step up from the Dusit Thani.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Getabreak
Dear Getabreak,

Greetings from Sheraton Pattaya Resort, and I hope that you had a pleasant and successful trip to Pattaya. Thank you of course for taking the time to provide your very valuable feedback here on TripAdvisor, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and particular rated the service excellent.

I do hope that I have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to our resort in the future!

bangkok
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I love to stay at this hotel everything is real nice excepts no sandy beach but you still and sit relax and see the sea, famous koh Larn island is in front of hotel so lots of boats traveling in the sea (see from distance not mean noisy or anything).
try spa if you have chance very nice there but also busy (because it's so good so many ppl booked). only the pool i dont like the style, it looks nice but not really impressive, not "WOW".
I love the Infinite bar you can sit on the top floor even after they closed still can hang around all nice breezy feel so fresh.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank isaraklahan
Dear Isaraklahan,

Greetings from Sheraton Pattaya Resort, and I hope that you are well! Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post a review, and I am of course thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are fortunate to have our wonderful Amburaya Spa and Therapists at the resort, and you are certainly right that we recommend booking in advance as it is very popular, particularly after the recent 5 star rating in the Bangkok Post.

Thank you again, and I do hope to be able to welcome you back to our resort in the future!