“Needs modernisation and staff training.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lek Hotel

Lek Hotel
Ranked #230 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
London, UK
“Needs modernisation and staff training.”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have previously posted favourably on the Lek Hotel having stayed in the 850 baht rooms (the Old Building) upwards of 10 occasions over 10 years. It was therefore with only a little hesitation that I booked a three week stay via the Asia Travel website for January 2014. My previous positive images for this hotel centred on the cheap room rate, pool, central location and it being welcoming to overnight visitors you may want to bring to yor room.
I booked my recent visit for three weeks at short notice and could only be allocated a room in the 'new building' fdor which I was charged 1200 baht a night. However, on arrival in the room I noted that there was no safe which is a major issue for me desite it being advertised as having an in-room safe. I requested a room change to a room with an in-room safe but the air conditioning was very loud and despoite my making repeated requests to the front desk staff to have it repaired or for me to again be re-allocated a new room I was not helped. I therefore checked out of the hotel after a total of six nights which was most inconvenient. You would imagine that a threat to leave a hotel would focus the minds of the staff as they were losing a customer but they did not give a damn about me despite them knowing I was a regular customer.
The hotel pool area is very scruffy and dirty with sun beds which are of rotten wood and cigarette buts on the sun deck area near the pool. There is no attempt to tidy up.
The hotel fabric is deteriorating badly, rooms at the front and side are noisy owing to traffic and the staff are very unhelpful to guests who have problems. I have therefore decided to stop staying at this hotel and suggest guests seek alternative accommodation in better hotels nearby.
The 1200 baht rooms are a joke - the only difference I could see was a duvet and black out curtains. Not god value for money. Avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor, rear of the premises overlooking the pool. The front and sides can be very noisy and have...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank PattayaRegular

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Me and my wife booked lek hotel pattaya 3 months in advance, two rooms in the new building hi floor pool viue as iv stayed there before.
after a few days with her mum in Korat, we then took our children,mother in-law and sister-In-law (6) people to lek hotel Pattaya,

while in korat we phoned to tell them we where in Thailand and would arrive the next day, and was told the price of the room was 1300bt??? even thow I booked three months earlier at internet prices of 1050bt???

on arrival a very rude lady gave us the keys to the rooms I didn't book, after my wife (Thai) and myself when't back to coplane we where told if you wont to move it would cost 1350bt.

as we would be charged for one nights stay we put up with BAD rooms and that afternoon my wife and myself whent around soi 12 and Pattaya to find another Hotel

We then Moved the next day to J P Court Soi Lenkee and enjoyed our holiday.

Lek Hotel Has CHANGED from years ago NOT same service, try to extrote more money from you for new building, main building rooms the same size.

Room Tip: new building has the same size rooms as main building nothing special, yes the pool side are bigger...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Adam M

Travelers are raving about these Pattaya hotels

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times over the past 20 years.
The best thing is the cental location. The pool is OK if you don't mind being surrounded by 500 windows looking down oin you. No complimentary breakfast even though they have a buffet - many similar hotel do give you a free breakfast.
Rooms in the old block are decent value for the price but could benefit from some refurbishment.
The rooms in the new block are bigger and better but you pay more for them. If you have a pool facing room you will have a balcony and catch the afternoon sun. But beware, these rooms also suffer the noise of the band in an adjacent bar from around 6:30 pm until midnight. No problem if you are out at that time but a pain if you want a quiet night in.
The staff can often be quite rude if you have any problems or questions. The customer doesn't come first in their view of things.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms catch the afternoon sun.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
10 Thank GeorgeSeator
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I recently stayed here as some of my friends checked in here because they had safe parking for their cars. The rooms below par for the price.(my room smelled like old curry) The breakfast in the morning for 150. Baht- beside the fact that you can eat as much as you like- just not worth it. I checked in with my Thai Gf and when we return later that evening they wanted to see her ID.(which was upstairs) so after the guy at the front desk started shouting at us that she can not go to the room- i went upstairs to collect her ID. No apologies afterwards ... just the rude look.
Walk around the corner to The Flipper house. breakfast included. Rooms a lot nicer and price the same.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
14 Thank Francoius
Pathum Thani, Thailand
Reviewed September 10, 2013

when it was about to flood my family and I moved to stayed in pattaya and stayed in this hotel and it was awful because it have only one room and the point is the water leak from the roof, and there was something smell really awful under the bed I think maybe someone throw up there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank patrick p
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Excellent budget accommodation, Easy reach of all the main high spots.
Excellent budget restaurants close by. Markets and shopping malls close by
Everything within walking distance. For further places barter a deal with a baht bus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank John575
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed for 6 nights in this mediocre hotel with outdated and run down decor. The breakfast offered at 150 Bhat was extremely poor with all the hot stuff as cold as the cold stuff!!! You can get better food for a lot less elsewhere.

The rate was 850 Bhat if you wanted the internet that was 200 Bhat PER DAY extra, what a rip off!!!!

The pool area was untidy and dirty with many broken and chipped tiles, looked as if it had been straifed by the Thai Airforce!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo