“Great resort in the very centre of Pattaya”
Review of Siam Bayshore

Siam Bayshore
Ranked #27 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Riga, Latvia
“Great resort in the very centre of Pattaya”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Me and my future husband have stayed at Siam in March 2013. I have wanted to write a review for a while, but never was able to find time.

We stayed at the property for nine days and had deluxe room facing the garden. I would really recommend picking the room facing the garden, as rooms facing the pool can be noisy. Room was nicely decorated and everything worked well. The only problem was air conditioning - they are old and were not probably cleaned for a while. As a result my future husband was having a very adverse allergic reaction and we were forced to keep it off for the entire time of our stay. I have asked both the maids and the reception staff to do not switch on the aircon, but nevertheless every time we arrived back to the hotel it was always on. Staff does not speak english well, so I believe my requests were lost in translation ) Except, this, staff was nice and helpful so, I think we were treated well.

Also beach in Pattaya is very dirty and totally unsuitable for swimming, resort is located just 300 m from the pier, were you can take a speedboat or a pram to the island to seem some very nice beaches. Hotel also supplies beach towel that you could take with you to the islands, which is nice. There is also plenty of restaurants, shops and bars around the hotel, so if you are looking for some nightlife there is plenty to choose from at a walking distance.

Restaurant is OK, especially if you order Thai food, but you can find a cheaper and better alternatives down the street. So do explore the surroundings.

I believe the best thing about this hotel is a huge green territory surrounding it. It is basically tropical garden in the city centre. So you get both - privacy and entertainment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aleksandra K
Siam Bayshore M, Manager at Siam Bayshore, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your positive comments on Tripadvisor.
It is very agreeable to know that you had a fantastic experience and you enjoyed our unique greenery style, at Siam Bayshore we thrilled to offer over a hundred types of tropical plants and floras

Rest assured that your kind words relating to air condition issue have been passed to the rest of the team on aim take the appropriate measure and prevent the occurrence in future.

We are thankful regard your comments. And we wish to see you again.

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 nights there with clients from Canada. We love the hotel. The staffs so friendly anf helpful. The walking street is just right at the corner of the hotel. It is so convinient. The room is big and clean. Will be one of our first choice when we back to Pattaya.

Stayed December 2556, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking your time to share your review of Siam Bayshore Pattaya with five star ratings across the board. Your feedback serves as an encouragement to our team by continuing and providing a genuine customer service.

Our resort is commonly considered one of the leading resorts in its category in the area with the emphasis on value for the location and services offered for our guests.

We are thankful regard your comments. And we wish to see you again.

New Delhi
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel with my frnd towards the end of December.this was my 3rd stay at the hotel.we were based for 4days and stay was comfortable as usual.

Pro's:

The breakfast is well spread out and great.

The pools in the hotel is a nice place to relax.

Towards the end of walking street so you are always at the place where the fun is and still it is quite and nice.

Con's:

The service level has slipped.they took about 15 minutes to check us in, inspite of the fact that we were the only one checkin at that time and had all out papers in place from our passports to booking details. But yeh ladies were busy chatting.

The staff was very courteous before but it is slipping.

No free wifi in the room.

Overall don't have much complaints will surely stay again because of the proximity to the area.

Also not sure of the name but the senior lady manager is very courteous and always has a smile on her face.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback concerning your recent stay.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our breakfast offer and hotel surrounding area specially the swimming pool.

Relating to your observation with regard of Wifi, I am pleasant to inform you that we already implemented a complimentary Wi-Fi in all Guest rooms since January 2014

Rest assured that your kind words have been passed to the rest of the team and will serve as inspiration for all resort associates.

It would be our utmost pleasure to welcome you back once again in the near future.

Best Regards
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed here once in 2011 and it was so good that I naturally booked again for 4 nights in December. This time I booked a Tropical Deluxe room, which was in a really nice location with a rainforest feel to it. A bit of a walk from the hotel lobby and breakfast/restaurant, but it is a very relaxing walk. I did not see this part of the hotel on my last trip, so it was a pleasant change. The plants and water features around the resort are very nice, which hide the mayhem and madness going on outside on Walking Street.

Both times I have stayed here, I only used the pool outside the hotel, across the road in front of Pattaya Bay. I love the view from here while you lay by the pool. Two staff that work at the pool (Pick and Poy) were so helpful and friendly.

Both times I have stayed at Siam Bayshore, I have had an amazing stay. The only thing that affected my last stay was the rude and unprofessional behaviour of one of the night-shift reception staff. My Thai partner arrived from Bangkok one night after I had checked-in to stay with me. Upon her check-in, staff collected her details as per normal procedure. The next two nights, there were no problems when we returned to the hotel late, as security had a list of genuine guests and their room numbers. On our last night, even though security had our details, we were ushered to the reception desk, where one of the staff requested my partners' ID card. I advised them that everything had been provided upon her check-in several nights earlier. The reception staff member became quite rude and in front of other guests, made it out like I was trying to sneak in a bar-girl. He demanded to see her ID card and rudely told me "She has to show her ID at anytime, just like you did at check-in". My blood started to boil, but I kept calm as I didn't want to cause a scene. My friend left her ID at the desk, and we went back to the room. I was not going to let this go, so I immediately rang reception and put the staff member in his place. By this time, he must have realised that my friend was a genuine guest and that her details were already recorded. I demanded he return the ID card to my room. He ended up sending another staff member to return it, and this staff member admitted that the rude staff member was too scared to return it himself. This really ruined the mood of our last night and my partner was very insulted, especially in front of other hotel guests.

We spoke with the hotel manager upon check-out the next morning, and he did apologise for the way we were treated. He offered to look after us on our next visit, which was kind of him, but who knows when we will be back next and whether he will remember us.

Although we encountered this problem, I would not hesitate staying at the Siam Bayshore, as it really is a lovely resort, and 99% of the staff are so welcoming and friendly. The location is perfect (right on the doorstep of the beginning of Walking Street), rooms are big and clean, the breakfast is great, pools are beautiful, and the whole atmosphere of the resort is so nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Siam Bayshore M, Manager at Siam Bayshore, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you having chosen Siam Bayshore to spend your holiday time. And for having taking time to share your feedback in Trip Advisor.

We are sorry about the incident that you experienced with our night team and please allow me to express our sincerest apologies. Your feed back has been shared with the Department Heads concerned for immediate improvement.

We hope that this experience will not deter you from staying with us again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Discovering The Siam Bayshore Hotel, altered the whole tone of my return visit ( after 7 years ) to Pattaya. Here, at the end of the fairly unprepossessing Walking Street, was a gem! A bright, white edifice with imposing entrance presented an hotel experience the like of which I've seldom experienced in decades of international travel.
It's worth reading the owner's (private) address to guests just to see the enthusiasm & desire to please that emanates right from the top......& that I found "hard-wired" into all members of staff.
Despite its location in the centre of the social cauldron of this pulsating town, no noise was to be heard in the night. This was, I believe, because the accommodation is set out at the rear,in wonderful, mature gardens...about 3 acres of avenues of varied trees & tropical vegetation and all contained within a very high garden wall.
Across the narrow road is a magical open dining area,literally on the beach, which opens each evening allowing alfresco, romantic dining while listening to the hotel band. the bar inside the hotel proper is decorated with a fascinating variety of artifacts from local medieval shipwrecks.

I unreservedly recommend this hotel for adults of all ages

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

It is very agreeable to know that you had a fantastic experience and you enjoyed our unique greenery style, at Siam Bayshore we thrilled to offer over a hundred types of tropical plants and flora.

We are proud of our unique location and being close to main Pattaya attraction is our asset which makes our guest experience more enjoyable.

Once again thank you very much for your kind posting and looking to welcome you back at earliest

Regard.
Broome, Australia
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Lovely hotel with nice rooms and friendly, helpful staff. The breakfast was beautiful and the location is perfect, directly across from the beach. The hotel has a lovely, tropical feel to it. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ms Emma,

Many thanks for taking your time to share your review of Siam Bayshore Pattaya with five star ratings across the board. Your feedback is a true inspiration for all the hard working staff at the resort.

We are especially thankful that you recommend our resort for your friends, It has indeed been our privilege to have you staying with us and we do look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Siam Bayshore.

Regards
Shanghai, China
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Once again fantastic. Had a great time. Fantastic for families. The staff was very friendly and helpful that made my stay so wonderful. The swimming pool is very nice, I would say that here was my favorite hotel in Pattaya, and will come back again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Siam Bayshore M, Manager at Siam Bayshore, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking your time to share your review with five star ratings across the board. Your feedback serves as an encouragement to our team by continuing and providing a genuine customer service.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your holiday time with us and specially thrilled to know that your had great experience at Siam Bayshore
Once again thank you for your comment and looking forward to welcome you back.
Regards