“Mix feelings”
Review of Pattaya Park Tower

Pattaya Park Tower
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were looking forward for this attraction; however, we end up with mix feelings about it.
The price to go up to the 55th floor with one attraction is 400 THB. Not cheap..
They have 3 main attractions (located on the roof which is on the 56 floor) and for that price you can choose one way to go down. You can choose to go down by the regular and closed funicular, or by an open cart that can accommodate 2 persons. For the real brave ones, you can go down (single ride) by an open Omega, which I did together with my 10 year old girl. The entire place looks dirty and to say about the staff at this place that they are unfriendly is an understatement.. you will get a free drink when you get up to the 55th floor.
The roof looks scary with no fence to protect you. No one will guide you before you slide down, and don't bother asking as they don't speak any English. The slide itself is fun and the view is great. We didn't go to the water park as it looks kind of "old fashion" and pool we did have at our hotel..
So.. If you don't mind paying the fee to enter, trust the Thai staff to hook you up, and to "do it yourself" all the way, I guess you can do it. It's fun.

3  Thank Gosisd

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I went up there for dinnerbuffet at the revolving restaurant. The view is fantastic, but....! There were food and dirt everywhere. A lot of ants (how did they get up there?). We did have to clean the chairs to sit. The table was sticky from fat. The buffer was ok, but not more.
From the restaurant I wanted to get up to the Observation-plattform. I was told it was inkluded in the price. It was, but I was told to climb the stairs, which is not easy for a man in his 70s with a bad knee. The stairs have probably not been cleaned since they build the tower. It was probably also a smoking-room for the staff with sigaret-buts everywhere. Well, I got up there, fantastic view, but so dirty! You may take a chairlift down, or "jump" attached to a wire. I went down by the elevator to the restaurant, not allowed, but I did it!
When we discovered how the tower is maintained, We really wonder about the safety of the building. The tower has rust-stains, which is not a good sign.
The staff know very little English, I really wonder how they will handle an emergency. May be they are better in Russian, but I do not speak that language.
Despite the view, we will never visit the place again!

2  Thank changlek
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Overhere I had a great time and time too short. Over here I jumped from the tower witch is 240mtrs high, pritty scary when you stand at the top but finally when you go it's great, very recommended. I also been in the rollercoaster great and very scary too. Everything is very safe here and there is nothing to worry about. and there is much more to do here. Finally I been to the pool there and this is great place too and it's also very friendly for little children who will have there own space.

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

If you don't like to be on the beach and prefer swimming pool - it is a good choice, because the price is the same - 100THB / 1 adult. It is an old park and really nothing funtastic, but there are pool slides, tobogans and some other attractions. Good for children, because there are lots of small pools.

1  Thank Peter_Kimle
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We paid 200 baat pp to simply go up to the observation deck. We got there at 6.30 and were told the tower closed at 7pm which was fine by me. You get a free drink voucher with your ticket to claim when you get to the top floor. When we got off the elevator we were met by staff who could not have been more disinterested. We were told we could not have our free drink as they had packed this up already and they were very rude. I basically demanded the free drink and asked to see the manager. At that point suddenly the free drink appears with a whole buch of thai which I assume by the tone was abuse directed at me. The view is ok not amazing not terrible but definitely not worth 200 baat. We tried to look at the restaurant level to decide if we wanted to eat there after reading mixed reviews about the food on trip advisor but again met by a rude staff member who would not let us out of the elevatod without a buffett diner ticket. Thjs place is terrible terrible terrible.....just because its there does not mean you have to go

2  Thank Raich-11