“A friendly place to stay”
Review of Penthouse Hotel

Penthouse Hotel
Ranked #9 of 533 Specialty Lodging in Pattaya
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in the Penthouse 2 or 3 times a year for the past decade & then some. I have seen many changes to the hotel over the years mostly for the better but the one thing that has never changed is the attitude of the staff, they've been nothing but friendly and helpful on each visit. I've never had a dirty room. On the rare occasion that I had a minor problem such as something stopped working like the TV or shower, the staff had it fixed very quickly once it was reported. I'm already planning my next visit.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank RKS S
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

" Thank You " ..for taking the time to post your Review based on such extensive experience of the PENTHOUSE HOTEL ! It is indeed true that ones own demeanor greatly effects the outcome of any social intercourse in this 'Land-of-Smiles' and a little respect to all certainly pays dividends; as it does (probably to a lesser degree ? ) in most areas of the World !.. something that you seem to have more than grasped and to everyone's benefit ! Look forward to Welcoming you Back in the near future !

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stopped here for my 21st birthday with a couple of friends, rooms were fantastic and I had a wicked birthday. The only downfall of the hotel is the service of reception staff, very rude and arrogant, lady called Siri was the most arrogant and unhelpful person I have met after travelling around the whole of Thailand.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Dellboy1234565
PenthouseHotel, Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

" A belated ' Happy Birthday ! ' .. If we had only known we could have entertained you in the Nite-Club .. ( We do have a Special Birthday Package available ) You will however appreciate ! .. that a small minority of our guests can prove ( Unintentionally I'm sure ) just a little trying, ..and even though we all strive most hard to accommodate the strangest of requests ! ..sometimes in the face of discourtesy a sharp reply may be enacted when one's personal breaking point is finally breached. Anyway, glad you enjoyed your one-night-only stay and that we were able to accommodate your additional friends as requested ! .. look forward to seeing you ( ALL ) again next year !"

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed at the Penthouse in May for three nights, and boy, did I promise myself to shoot down the naysayers! From the word go, Penthouse delivers what it promises and delivers well! I had a great experience staying at the hotel and every word on their website is true. A true adult themed hotel, it is the pride of Pattaya. Convenient access to the hotspots and the clubs including the in-house ones. I would really like to appreciate the ever smiling staff that accommodated the most silly requests. I had some issues with my card and the hotel staff worked overtime to help me overcome it. Excellent food, excellent staff, eversmiling housekeeping staff and an overall naughty experience. Loved it! Keep it up!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank aceofbase_81
PenthouseHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

>>>>>............ " Many Thanks for such an insightful Reviews ! .. It reminds me of the old adage ( In regards to the gentlefolk that you make reference to ) .. "Strawberries-to Pigs " : .... look forward to Welcoming You Back to the Penthouse Hotel ! .."

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have to say the room was really nice and enjoy the room ..the reception were nice they showed me the room before...it was very quiet , very secured , I really enjoy , it was really closed from the walking place in pattaya....maybe the only think I did not really like is the bar...I was expecting two bars...one ladyboy and one lady...but I find they was only ladyboy bar...and maybe one lady there...I just wish there were less aggressive so I can enjoy having a drink....the overall I would stay there again location is good...

Room Tip: If they don't chance the bar ...maybe avoid the bar...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Simon1067
PenthouseHotel, Front Office Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

" Thank You " for taking the time to send us your positive comments regarding your recent Holiday ;and we look forward to seeing you again ! ( Every-Night is an adventure in Pattaya and you may well Enjoy your future visits to the Clubs, remembering always that ' The Early Bird catches the Worm(s) !' ) .... "

Reviewed April 6, 2014

This place could and should be legendary, but sadly it's more of a dump. I stayed a few nights in March and frankly regret it. Put simply, it's dirty. There was dust on the tables and DVD player that looked like it hadn't been wiped in ages. This is simple stuff that any hotel should have no problem fixing, but it speaks to the low standards. There isn't a top sheet on the bed, so you sleep with a comforter that I doubt is washed every stay, and you can just imagine what could be on it. The bathroom had curtains with mold on them, and the walls were filthy when all it takes is a clean wipe with some cheap cleaner. I resisted the negative reviews, which I saw before booking, because I thought this place would be awesome and people were just being picky, but the first night it stunk of insect repellant that smelled toxic, and then of course there were tthe four roach traps I counted around the room. Yeah there were cats around, but who cares, and yeah it was a bit noisy at night, but you know what you're signing up for. What you don't expect is it to be dirty, but it is. Whoever the manager is obviously has no quality controls, which is sad because this place could be so awesome. Breakfast was fine and the staff were okay too, but dirt, and roaches. Who needs that? Another consideration is the reviews on here, if you look at the positive ones they are from people largely who have only given one review before so it's obviously stacked by management. All I would say is if you really want to try it out, only do so for one night and then decide if you want to stay longer. And trust me, I'm no prude. I thought this would be like Disneyland, which is why I stayed, but it's just dirty. Enough said.

Room Tip: Have them give you a tour first, but look at the rooms carefully.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
21  Thank TorontoBloorTravel
PenthouseHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

“ Thank you so much ! “ …( Comic reviews are always most welcome and entertain all during the Coffee-Break ) We would only add a couple of tips; actually stay with us , and so be in a position to advise any short-comings in your opinion to our staff or management as the need arises, and invest yourself in an inexpensive Spell-Check.
Whereas ‘Prudes’ can be a problem, as you already do seem to appreciate. hope springs eternal and we are still willing to take the chance and welcome you to The PENTHOUSE HOTEL, .. you never know you may well actually enjoy this first experience !
P.S. The sure give-away is the excess of negatives and the complete absence of anything positive. Better luck next time!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night and it was one of the most fun nights of our holiday. I must admit we were a bit nervous given all the mixed reviews, but hardly any proved to be true.

The room itself was great, a true adult playground. It came with dancing poles, mirrors on the walls and ceiling, a ‘swing’ and a nice big shower. We also had a big wide-screen TV which featured everything you could wish for in an environment like this. Our room came with direct access to the pool deck, which was opened 24/7. I must say the room could have been cleaner, so I would advise the hotel to pay more attention to that in the future. It is really one of the basics and not difficult to achieve.

Unlike some of the stories, the staff was friendly enough and we were treated well. The breakfast was fine.

With regard to some of the negative responses; I can confirm the cockroaches. They were very small though, but still. I read the hotel staff’s comments that this is simply part of the deal when traveling in Thailand. Yes, in this country live cockroaches but in all honesty this is the only hotel where we encountered them inside. Given the fact that it can be off-putting, especially for westerners, it might be worth considering really doing something about it and get rid of them for good.

The Kitten club which is attached to the hotel didn’t do it for us. There were not too many (real) girls and the ambiance wasn’t vibrant. There are much better places at a very short distance.

All in all some bits leave room for improvement, especially in terms of hygiene. Nonetheless, I would recommend this hotel to every open minded couple who visits Pattaya and is looking for something different, exciting and a bit naughty. Maybe not for two weeks but definitely for one or two nights.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marc l
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

" Thank You " for your quite detailed Review of your stay with us, much appreciated and we are all happy that you seem to have over-come all the obstacles, and even enjoyed yourselves ! You may have unwittingly stumbled on a very sensitive subject from a Western prospective ; How much, and just which; chemicals should be employed in suppressing the endemic pest problems associated with this part of the world, .. and just how much and what specifically would be deemed acceptable when Green and certainly Long-Term Health issues are taken into account ! ( There is indeed much documented evidence, of otherwise healthy and even young travelers falling fatal victim to over-zealous / inappropriate choice of ( Illegal ) chemical sprays being utilized in various Hotels' guest Rooms,) Looking on the bright side, .. your stay with us will Not in any way have damaged your Future prospects of spending still further exciting and Safe times with us Again in the years to come ! .. ( And you may even find new Friends in the Clubs and do your part in Creating the Ambience that you Desire,.. It only takes One to so Achieve, to the benefit of All ! )

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Hello All,
I've spent much time reading the many reviews about this hotel prior to my arrival..
I've been to Pattaya 3 times.. The first time I stayed at the Marriott... The second time I stayed at the Hilton... This time I stayed at the Penthouse Hotel...

I just want to say.. WOW... Thanks guys.. This Hotel is absolutely great.. The staff, the rooms, the ambiance, atmosphere and the location.. everything about it was perfect.. and I will definitely stay here again...
Can I just point out that those on this forum who have spoken negatively about this hotel are totally mislead by their own arrogance of perfection...

The staff were so accommodating and whatever I required, they were happy to help me. Their lovely smiles and support made me feel like I was at home with friends and family...

The room was perfect, the shower was fine, the sound system and lighting were great...
I loved it.. I loved the cute cats, the lovely food and I also ventured into the great clubs.. brilliant.
The whole idea is amazing and you should start a hotel chain ( i wish i used the swing more )

Thanks guys.. I know I was a pain in the a ss.. but you were always there for me and you never said 'no' to anything I required.. Thx .. I really look forward to seeing you again soon..
nuff luv xx

Anil ( Nelson )

Room Tip: Balcony Room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
PenthouseHotel, Front Office Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

>>>>>>>>........ " Wow, .... We will certainly continue to strive to live up to such lavish praise ! .( .even if we do Not so deserve at the present time ) .. we will certainly continue to innovate, adapt and progress; so that in the future, and with a clear conscience, we are able to fully acknowledge your most welcomed and kind Review ! .. "