“Great Place To Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 463 Specialty Lodging in Pattaya
London, United Kingdom
“Great Place To Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I recently stayed at the very cool Penthouse Hotel, Pattaya, and I must say - what a great experience it was! My room was spotlessly clean and themed! The reception staff were more than friendly and helpful - giving me directions and getting taxis etc for me. The location is also excellent, as its literally a few minutes from the beach and Beach Road, which is full of cool shops and gift stalls. On arriving back one night in the early hours of the morning, again the reception staff came swiftly to my aid and took me through to the 24 hour restaurant where I gorged myself on an excellent 3 am breakfast! All served by a large jolly friendly chef, and a young Thai girl who was full of smiles and help! I must say and all round beautiful experience and I have already booked the same room for Xmas this year! A big 5 stars plus to the lovely Penthouse hotel!
Michael Roy
from Hampstead,
London England

Room Tip: I stayed in 202 and it was delightful - and if I were you I would book well in advance!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Michael B
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
" We try to Please ! ..if we can , then we will ! ..Thank You for taking the time to post, much appreciated, and hope you will consider The Penthouse Hotel on your next trip.. ( We all know how addictive Pattaya can be ! ) .."

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was so impressed with my amazing room at Penthouse hotel. The concept is superb and very much line with what I expected. Smooth check in.

Just a short walk to the Walking Street. But, despite that, in my room I felt completely away from the madness. The beach is even closer. Rate included free breakfast and free Wi-Fi.

Room service was pretty good and fast.
Recpetionists, Bell Boys, Security and Maids were very friendly and they really care for their customers.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 216 - Pool Deck. Very nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank GGibbs2004
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
" Thank You " and we are all Glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, ( And look foreward to seeing you Again ! ..)
Taichung, Taiwan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Penthouse Hotel. This hotel is... strange. It's sort of a mish-mash, thrown together, feeling, but isn't entirely great or poor.

There are some very large minuses: Wi-Fi is totally subpar, and I couldn't really use it in my room. The room wasn't exactly as described on the website, which was unfortunate, and a bit awkward as I was sharing the room with my brother. Very little privacy was afforded between the two 'sleeping areas'. The service varied... They did not clean the room one day, and then had an argument with the girl about paying for fresh towels.

The thai food via the room service was excellent, but they didn't come to clear the plates away from the front of the room...

Out of the above, the WIFI is definitely the biggest issue for me. I feel that a solid WIFI connection should be standard for any hotel worth it's salt.

Overall, the novelty of the hotel is quite fun, and exciting. So, it's worth considering if you want a unique experience, but I would be realistic about what I wanted from the hotel.

Would I stay there again? Maybe.

Room Tip: Their rooms vary. Book accordingly.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LanceL604
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
" Thank You for taking the time to post a review of Your experiences ! .. Please always be advised that apart from Every Room and Suite being totally Unique, there are also some Sixteen Room categories from which to choose from, along with 'photos on the Website , so there should indeed be an option to suit most tastes !.. if by chance special needs are desired, it can often be the case, subject to availability, a Room / Suite change may well be possible on arrival..Our WI-FI is the best available here at the moment.. ( We have applied for a further up-date, but it appears that this is still some time in the Future ) .. our IT manager is always on-hand to help those that are experiencing any sort of internet problem, and our system ( 20MBIT ' Backbone ') is available through-out the Hotel Complex, and is Still Complementary. Our House-keeping is available 24 Hrs, and we will 'Re-Fresh' your Room / Suite as often as required, although additional laundry, over and above the daity change, may be chargeable on the entry level Rooms, ..( It's interesting to remember that if one was to calculate the published charges that iare sometimes applied ie WI-FI-, Breakfast for Two and may-be a 'joiner or Two, that these can easily exceed the Room cost ! .anyway, glad You both enjoyed Yourselves ( I think Interconnecting Rooms would be a Better choice next time ) and look foreward to seeing you Both again at The Penthouse Hotel ! .
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I always wanted to stay at this hotel but really shy'd away because of the notoriously noisy location. Nevertheless I finally made it and it was worth "my effort and time as well as experience"! Please do note that anyone who wishes to stay at the "Penthouse Hotel" should read and study their straight forward web-site as it clearly indicates that it is an "adult only hotel"!

I stayed in a "Patpong Suite" on the 5th floor with balcony and sea view as well as a view of the "famous" Soi Pattayaland which indeed is a "nightlife heaven" to those people who really want to see it all! The mix of entertainment venues is amazing to say the least...there is a place to be found for any nightlife "worrier"...if of hetro, bi or gay or any "origin"!

My room was unique indeed and the focus is on "erotic" and "erotic" only! I will not go into details as one needs to come and find out by themselves or to a degree from their website. They also have the most elaborate mini bar and kiosk set with about 38 items to chose from and most are at reasonable prices. Needless to say that condoms and other erotic amenities are part of the kiosk selection....which is good and certainly compliments the Penthouse concept. The room also has a "Go-Go dance station with lights", a jacuzzi tub with lights, a small bar counter and an elevated bed and very important ....double glass doors which keeps out the nice indeed.

The cleanliness of the room and bathroom as well as jacuzzi was ok and to be frank I expected less. The bed linen and towels are of high quality and very clean and free of stains which is very very important to myself as a frequent traveller! As soon I would get stained linen/towels a poor rating would result. The TV channels are good, free of "snow storms" and plentiful of selection including some real good adult channels!

The service is overall very good and friendly and so are the residence cat and dog...very cute indeed! The hotel is a sort of "castle" with staircases "here and there" and a glass enclosed elevator. The hallways are designed in a style I cannot describe but I must say very nice indeed. They do offer a sun deck with splash pool (small), sun loungers and an I door erotic fun pool which I did look at but not used as it only opens at 7pm and had no time.

One thing which I did not like was the breakfast concept. My room rate was about 3500.- (not cheap but it is a mini suite after all) which includes breakfast for two and tax. When I went down at about 10 am I wanted to have my breakfast at the sun deck (above the lobby) and the waiter said ok. However nobody came up to serve so I had to go down again and the receptionist told me better eat downstairs but I insisted to sit outdoors as it was a sunny day and the deck provides sea view! The waiter finally served me. I ordered American breakfast but I was told that the ABF is not included and will be charged extra approx at175.- ....he offered English breakfast for free and explained that this is hotel policy. To be frank this small issue made me think about my review score but I said to myself "not such a big deal" hence the score is "very good"! However I do suggest that the management rethinks this policy as most people are accustomed to American breakfast and not English with baked beans etc.. The English breakfast itself was average at its best with American bacon (not English back bacon????) and the bacon was deep fried and curled up like shoe strings. The beans were floating in a tomato-kinda-sauce and uneatable for my taste buttes. I did order a room service cappuccino the day of my arrival and it was very good. I had no other meals at the Penthouse but I believe their food and beverage operations could be greatly improved.

Overall the property could use a little bit more up-keep and touché ups "here and there" such as the balcony floor and railing but all-in-all acceptable. I can recommend this hotel for anybody why is seeking an adult night about town or a vacation of erotic nature. The hotel has a great location geographically and the beach is at your finger tips! So...have a great time and by the way they have much cheaper rooms than the one I selected!

Room Tip: Patpong suite on the 5th floor with balcony and sea view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Werner R
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear MR. Werner; .." Thank You "for your detailed and thoughtful Review,.. we will most certainly take to heart your valid points and hopefully when we see You again , all will be resolved in fine-tuning the points that you raised ! Best Regards from The Penthouse Hotel.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed here in early November but moved out to another hotel after a catalogue of unfortunate incidents that the management refused to even acknowledge let alone deal with.

All my emails had indicated I would be at the hotel for 3pm and after a 22 hour journey was looking forward to going to the room for a shower and some rest.

On arrival there was much chatting between the staff and they then tried to tell me that my room was not available and that I would have to pay for a more expensive room.

I was so worn out that I paid almost double what the original room was going to cost intending to stay one night and then try for the room I had booked.

The room itself was dingy and lit by red lights and never seemed to have enough light in the room. I had a poor view out over the street and was disturbed by the vehicle noise.

The following day I saw what I presume is the hotel owner, an older gent with grey hair and explained my problem to him. He was rude and unhelpful and told me that if I didn't like it I should go! I really feel he should have tried to help me.

The breakfast is poor quality, pre-cooked and standing in silver dishes that do not keep it hot enough.

One evening I was sat in the lounge bar waiting for friends and observed a women sat picking her toe nails, I later learned she was the cook!

Despite claims to the contrary I found the hotel dirty, expensive, noisy and the staff and owner most unhelpful.

I could say a lot more but my intention is not to bash this place, I think cleaner, brighter, get the cats out and a focus on customer service it could be a better option.

Fortunately I left and got a room elsewhere but not everyone wants this hassle on holiday.

I hope they accept this feedback and work to improve the experience of their guests.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank Neil F
PenthouseHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank You , for taking the time to post such an interesting review ! ..unfortunately, we can find no evidence of your reported stay ! .. but would indeed welcome you to the Penthouse Hotel should you ever indeed venture to Thailand, and would then look forward to receiving a really positive review !
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed at Penthouse Hotel in second week of Dec 2012.

Inspite of initial apprehensions about the place, we decided it will be an adventure and went ahead. Was pleasantly surprised. The Hotel is quite clean and the housekeeping staff needs to be commended as they were always at it. However it's a small property and does not have much cross ventilation. This could be a reason why some guests felt the mustiness in some earlier reviews.

The room though small was adequate for a couple. The decor needs a little getting used to :) But the strategically positioned mirrors were a great.... add on :) Need to thank the designer for adding a lot of spice to our stay there!!

The food was also quite nice. Would recommend the Jacket Potatoes and Home made pork pies there. The breakfast I feel however can do with a wee bit of improvement.

The Manager Mr Harry was quite helpful and it was a relief to be able to converse and communicate normally with another person. The staff at the hotel like most of Thailand have a huge problem of language and most don't even understand basic words in English.

The best part of the property is the location which is just 50m from the beach and about 250m from the famous walking street. The Soi 13 location has every convenience within walking distances. For water we found the idea of 5 ltr bottles easily available at 7 X 11 store in close proximity, a better option.

Finally the only downside which was a cloud on a otherwise idyllic stay was the attitude of the ladies at the front desk. The Management would do well to think of some kind of a training schedule to bring some smiles to their faces. Also the way they talk, is quite brusque and at times downright rude. Maybe a more friendly and english speaking staff at the reception would make our next stay even better.

• Stayed December 2012
7 Thank exoticrajeev
PenthouseHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
So happy that you enjoyed your break with us , and that even our entry levei Rooms were able to satisfy ! ...( Normally for a couple I would suggest one of our ( Jacussi ) Suites or POOL-Deck -Suites )..... and it is true that our facilities are more in tune with Western and Thai tastes.. However, may-be we should reconsider and extend the already extensive Menu still further ( Complementary Breakfast for Two, plus the WI-FI might Easilly exceed the basic Room Rate !)....It is true that language can be challenging to our Staff, .. I know that for many native speakers even, understanding some of our varied Guest's requirements can be more than a little exasperating and no doubt the stress in complying with unusual demands can sometimes Show!... Vacations should of course be a time of relaxation for all, so the thought or lugging great quantities of water around in the Sun , should I think ( respectfully ) be considered... let someone else who would be only too pleases to assist take this Burden; and relax with company in one of our ( Fun ) Pools ! .. Come Back .. Soon ! .. ..
Richmond, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was my first trip to Thailand. I stayed at the Penthouse as recommended by a friend. There was a pool with water jets on the balcony outside my room. Awesome. Just like having a room opening straight onto the beach - but without the jellyfish! This is a great party hotel which seems to operate 24/7. The room was very comfortable and I really liked the heavy curtains which kept the light out so I could catch up on my sleep during the day. I stayed out until around 5am one night & the reception, security & (most importantly) room service was still working when I returned.
The location is excellent, about 50m from the beach and there are bars & nightclubs less than 15m from the hotel. I also went to Walking Street, which is about 250m away so there is lots of evening entertainment within easy walking distance.
Absolutely recommended for fun. Can't wait for my next trip!

Room Tip: Try a pool deck room. I found the view through the glass doors to the moving water outside on the b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank DavyWillson
PenthouseHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
" Many Thanks for taking the time to express your thoughts in such a positive way ..we will all do our best to deserve such glowing praise ! Hope to see you again in Pattaya and hopefully at The Penthouse Hotel on your next vacation, ..