“GREAT GREEK FOOD JUST LIKE MUMS !”

Pattayanis Greek Taverna
Ranked #26 of 935 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: European, Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: we are a unique and authentic greek restaurant in pattaya. Our recipes are traditional and we use the best materials imported in thailand like the authentic "dodoni" feta cheese. All of our staff was trained in our taverna in greece and that is why we have this major success in pattaya ,for the last 3 years, and top in tripadvisor ranks for second year! In our restaurant you will enjoy original greek food under the sound of traditional music or even dance a syrtaki . Come for a greek night out in pattaya just of soi buakhaw or soi21 from 3nd road DAY OFF WEDNESDAY
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT GREEK FOOD JUST LIKE MUMS !”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I am from Australia of Greek heritage and i can recommend the amazingly authentic food at Pattayanis Greek Tavern. The atmosphere is friendly and warm with great service . When inside the restaurant the pictures on the walls and the Greek music playing in the background feels like your are in Greece! The oven baked goat meat and potatoes with a Greek salad was my favorite meal as well as the saganaki . When visiting Pattaya having a meal at Pattayanis Greek Tavern is a must and if you're of Greek heritage - its just like having a meal at your mothers!

1 Thank Theo Z

• Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Respectable greek food in Pattaya”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was in Pattaya for the Pattaya Open Womens Tennis Tournament. Passed by this place on the way to my hotel travelling by motorbike. I enjoy greek food but most of the restaurants in South East Asia are either way overpriced or garbage for this cuisine. Pattayanis is pretty legit as far as the quality of food and cost. The owner Yanni took the time to come over and ask how my meal was and even talk to me about some off the spots in Greece I've travelled. Try the kleptico which is a lamb dish. I enjoyed it very much.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Someguyfrom_NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Greek taverna in Thailand”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I am from Greece and I can say that this is the closest to genuine homemade Greek food I have ever tasted outside of Greece. I live in Bangkok and coming to this little taverna is one of my main reasons of coming to Pattaya on a regular basis. I wish there was one in Bangkok too! Their lamb accompanied with the spaggheti cooked in the lamb stock are to die for, the lamb literally melts in the mouth as it is cooked for hours in the pot. Exactly the way it should be and the way it is still done in those remote villages in Greece where cooking traditions are still kept intact. My grand mom was cooking like that! I also recommend the Moussaka which is as good or better than any Moussaka I have eaten in Greece itself. This should be accompanied with Greek feta cheese which is what I always do when ordering Moussaka. Add in a glass of red wine and it makes for a great and enjoyable meal that always puts a smile in my face after leaving the taverna. Opa!

Ειμαι ελληνας και αυτη ειναι η καλυτερη ελληνικη ταβερνα που εχω συναντησει στην Ταυλανδη μετα απο 12 χρονια μονιμης διαμονη εδω. Πολλοι ανοιξαν και κλεισανε ευτυχως ομως ο Παταγιαννης εμεινε. Το αγαπημενο μου πιατο ειναι η μακαροναδα με το αρνι που κυριολεκτικα λειωνει στο στομα! Δεν υπαρχει περιπτωση να ερθω εκδρομη Παταγια και να μην ερθω στον Παταγιαννη για γευμα.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank George A
Malmo, Sweden
“Genuine Greek Tavern, with great food and friendly owner”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is a restaurant that I can recommend to everyone who likes Greek food, its a very genuine Tavern (a little piece of Greece right in the middle of Pattaya) with a very friendly Greek owner - who knows how to make you feel like more like a guest then a customer.
The food is very tasty, I had Saganaki and Mousaka, and it was very delicious!

バンコク
“Real traditional home-cooked of Greek cuisine”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Greek restaurant is pretty popular food in coast cities in Europe.
Unfortunately, it is still minor genre in Thailand.
I think the Greek cuisine is most appropriate for this tropical city.
I could recall downtown in Plaka and become absorbed nostalgic.
By the way, here is not luxury restaurant.
However, we really enjoyed a meal with casual style.
The foods were real traditional home-cooked of Greek style.
We ordered Greek salad which topped with fata cheese and olive oil and olives.
Greek salad is popular menu in other European restaurants.
However they do not provide real fata cheese without here.
We also recommend kleftiko that is grilled lamb Greek style.
This cuisine will take a long time but they prepared already.
But, they are able to provide it during a drinking beer.
Most remarkable one is Baklava.
This cake is popular in Middle East specially Turkey.
It is natural and unsophisticated taste.
We had almost satisfied great dinner which was 95 points in my opinion.
It’s could be reached 100 points if they provide Greek wine.
They have good Italian house wine.
But it is not perfect marriage with Greek cuisine I think.
Not enough to citrus scent and sour flavor for Greek cuisine.
We do not need to O.P.A.P level but we wanted real Greek Epitrapezios Oinos(ie.casual table wine) for make a merry drinking.

1 Thank イグモル