Hotel feels good when entering, with its huge and both-end-breezy open lobby/lounge with ample chairs and tables - THAT is nice!
Room is nice and clean, there is a fridge and coffee to brew. My room came with a seaview on 7th floor and it was very nice. Little balcony where you could sit on a chair an enjoy your coffee and relax while overlooking the ocean.
But some things and details are just not in order and in some cases unacceptable.
1. You can work at the desk but the chairs (gardenchair) design is not usable for deskwork, or for sitting at the desk for that matter.
2. The bed is not good. I woke up twice with a bit of a sore lower back (and no, there is nothing wrong with my back).
3. When plugging in my Iphone/computer in the sockets in the living room, nothing happened. Keycard was in its designated slot. Sockets only give power if you turn on the lights in the room. Which means there is no charging phones while sleeping! Found out later tho that the socket in bathroom worked 24/7, lights or no lights turned on, and even when leaving room with keycard. It is totally unacceptable that you cant charge your electronic equipment while sleeping!
4. The toilet....well, this takes the first prize ever. With a 3 inch lever on the side for flushing but when pulling it down, you have to hold it for like 10 seconds before any transport of foulness begins to take place. We are in 2011 and when flushing a toilet, it should NOT be necessary to press a button for more than half a second. Back home, we dont even see that kind of lever-toilets anymore. Very very annoying detail.
5. Bathroom is designed by an idiot, with the door opening in and staying at a 90degree angle, against the bathtub where it doesnt stay. It takes the little free space there is in this very cramped bathroom and you are at risk of banging an elbow into it. Then you can say I can close it....sure I can but it shouldnt be necessary AND there is no air-com in bathroom which means the mirrors fog quickly, hence the open door. Only thing bathroom has going for it, is the speed the shower delivers hot water! It comes very very fast, its very easy to adjust and that is a rarity in Thailand. Thumbs up for that.
6. Internet (thru cable) costs a whopping 325bath/1 day use. In my book its totally unacceptable that its not free. On top of that, staff said that the internet was working very unstable. I found out myself after 2 days hookup but with no luck. There is free Wifi in the lobby but who wants to run down every time a computer is needed. Free cable AND Wifi should be free in-room ! I was working during the day this time and it so irritates me when things dont work. It happens too often.
Breakfast buffet is nice which is the only food/beverage I tried so the other possibilities in the hotel get a blank from me.
Pool area is very nice. Location of hotel is between soi 9 and soi 10 and there is access both to Beachroad and 2nd Road (remember those are one-way streets in each direction. Accessing both streets quickly is a blessed timesaver. Location is close to everything!
This time i learned that taxis and tuktuk's WAY OVERCHARGES constantly so i rented a motorbike. I like one that is a just a tad bigger than the small mopeds so I got a Honda FCX which looks like a small scooter. Cost 1000bath for 4 days which I think is a very very good price. By far outweighs the costs of taxis/tuktuk if you are planning on seeing more and going places than are too far. Rented on corner of Beachroad/soi 13/3...elderly grumpylooking lady sitting there, collecting, but she is nice enough and no hassle when giving the bike back. She has a whole array btw, from mopeds to hipowered kawasaki/Honda superbike type. I can recommend this place.
As with tailors and many bikeplaces...if there are people outside on the street trying to sell or rent you anything, you know its a crappy place. Lady aint trying to push anything to anybody which means her reputation does the talking.
The elevator in the Siam is probably the worlds slowest. Find out for yourself, come breakfast morning run on all floors. Another annoying issue even tho its a small ridiculous detail. Its just one of those things that, on top of all the other details, emphasizes the negatives.
All in all it was a good stay, staff very friendly, the lounge is very very nice with its breeze, room had its ups but most downs.
Had all been in order, I would have given it 4 stars but no internet automatically cost a star. Bathroom stays neutral only because it had readily available hot water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bayview Pattaya epitomises the best in beachfront boutique living. Steps away from all the fun on lively Beach Road, the 260-rooms hotel fuses together a relaxing tropical seaside holiday and vibrant city living. A world of stylish and artistic comfort awaits you in our sumptuous, modern and relaxing hotel. The Bayview Pattaya is an oasis of calm amid the hurly-burly of Pattaya. Located on the Eastern Seaboard, just 1.5hrs south of Bangkok, the hotel is easily accessible by road. Come enjoy a break in the city that never sleeps... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Bayview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siam Bayview Pattaya
- Pattaya Siam Bayview