“New outside, Old inside”

Mountain Beach Hotel
Ranked #116 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Jakarta, Indonesia
“New outside, Old inside”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Me and my family brought to this hotel as our place for 2 days by our tour package. First impression when looking at the hotel, actually I'm quite impressed, for the lobby is quite nice too. But when we get to the elevator and then to our room, we come to realized this is a really old hotel maybe. The room carpet really smell, the toilet is quite dirty and old. We can hear the window glass cracking and moving when hit by wind. Positive things only the room size is quite good, and the breakfast is decent.
Location wise, if you like a distance from the crowd area, you might like this hotel location. but for me it is to far from crowd area, with difficult transportation.
On the last night of our stay, I tried the so called Thai Massage to experience the famous massage technique, it was veryyyyy far from what I imagine, really dissappointed. The next few days when I tried again Thai massage in one of the spa in Bangkok, then I realized, the masseur in Mountain beach didn't do Thai massage properly, because I really enjoy the one I had in Bangkok. So I wouldn't recommend you to try Thai massage in this hotel.
Overall definitely not my choice of hotel the next time I come to Pattaya.

Room Tip: If you need it, there is a room with connecting door to adjacent room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

This is our first time here in pattaya and in this hotel when we have look on Internet the hotel look fine so we decide to book it. When we got to the hotel no one come out to help us to bring all the bags and suitcase inside but as soon as we walk in to the counter then the guy just come to get our bags, after we check in we have to wait about 20 min because the room not ready for us to get in. When we walk in the room it was too hot and smell the room not clean, bed not been made properly and it took about an hour for air condition to work, after been in the room for an hour we find out that our room is full of ants, only little things but hundreds around anything that smells I.e. food. The room is old bathroom is old and dirty the shower not work properly and the curtain is filthy, the TV don't even bother to turn it on as you can not see anything also no safe in room. Also staff never smile and never say hi they alway look at us whenever we walk pass them and some of them can not speak English (room service speak only French!). 70% of guest in the hotel are Russian which makes it hard to interact as other 20% are Chinese, even thai people speak another language which is not thai. Your room will have fresh bedding even if you leave the sign up saying "do not disturb" it seems like they don't know what this means. After saying this there is a few positives like the swimming pool is really nice and refreshing (but no life guard at all) and the hotel is in a good area with plenty of local shops and taxis. But as for me next time I will be going somewhere different. Somewhere cleaner! This is not the best place for ENGLISH people!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ryan H

Travelers are raving about these Pattaya hotels

Manchester
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Be on Guard at this Hotel. The Hotel is Fantastic and Staff in general the same. But ... we had all our personal possessions scrutinised for valuables and £350.00 English cash stolen by the Room Cleaner whilst we were on a 2 day excursion to Kanchanaburi.
The Manager asked us to wait before calling the Police and that we now found to be a Delay tactic in the Hotel favour. We went to Pattaya Police who drove us in their Police Car back to Mountain Beach Hotel to confront the Manager, the Police, Manager and ourselves all went up to our room while we were Photographed by Police pointing to where the money was stolen from and which bags had been searched. All in all it was nearly 5 hours of griping to Police ruining our holiday in the name trying to gain some Justice. Justice didn't happen as we seen our Room Cleaner for a further 3 days still working there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fingz
usa
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Had a confirmed booking via AGODA. Showed up at the hotel and was told they were sold out rudely by the staff. They waked away and said to call customer service.

The staff is ignorant and rude. No customer service skills.

If the management of the hotel cares here is the staff that was working when we checked in. N

Namfon j.
Rungnapa j
Kwanza t

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rmgsafari
St Petersburg
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Rooms - Clean and comfortable but very tired and in need of refurbishment.
Location - Good location for families but is some distance away from the more extreme parts of Pattaya.
Facilities - Broken taps, doors, showers etc were the norm in common areas. Gym and Sauna area very unhygenic.
Service - Ok service but far from great. Staff are not very helpful at night. Day staff are generally better.
Pool - Not bad but sun lounges are hard to find.
Breakfast - Thai food as a cuisine is great but somehow Thai hotels manage to provide very poor breakfasts. This hotel is no exception.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Simmo777
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I booked here since it is close to the Pattaya Exhibition and Convention Center (PEACH) where the annual convention I had to attend is held. Little did I know that Royal PEACH is quite far from Mountain Beach and one has to ride a cab or a "tuktuk" (a local public passenger vehicle) in order for me to get there every day.

Expect that the receptionist does not know how to speak in English.

The bedroom is not that bad. In fact cozy enough. The breakfast however is very poor. On my third day, I stopped eating my breakfast because I was tired of the same buffet daily that is not so palatable to ones taste.

Good thing there are lots of restaurants outside, some owned by Russians. There are also 2 mini groceries in front of the hotel.

There are also travel agencies outside owned by Russians that will offer you tour around Pattaya (Noong Nooch etc.)

The pool is splendid though.

The WIFI server of the hotel is perfect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Metzenbaum
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed in this hotel twice - 2008 and 2011. Nothing was changed.

Rooms are clean and cosy. But smell of wetness in all the rooms.
Thanks to chambermaids. Anyway they tried to do the best.

Such slow reception I have not seen in any hotel. They dont speak English. I ordered wake-up calls. . They didnt wake me up before excursion and yesterday, before the flight. Nobody apologised.

This is not a servise, even for 3* hotel. Next time I'll choose Cosy