“omg”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“omg”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

how beautiful are these animals to ride feed and study so much see and do the people are so funny and friendly your day is always a treat!

Visited February 2012

• Turkish first
hertfordshire
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“just ride the elephants”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

we did the whole trip jungle walk, raft ride , cart and buffalo ride and of course the elephant ride.
the best by far was the elephants riding an elephant whilst its up to its neck breathing thro a raised trunk was a thrill.All else was crap so dont pay the extra 10,000 bartt

Munnar, India
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Elephannt village was nice place to visit.many elephants.many tourists were riding elephants.poor elephants.i like to come back again in this village.

kota kinabalu
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“An experience - Don't miss”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Well organized ride of Elephants in beautiful forest just outside Pattaya. They even pick us up with a van from our hotel. Great fun.

Liverpool
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“NOT FOR ANIMAL LOVERS!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Recently been to elephant village, on 22nd October 2012. Personally, I only tagged along as my husband wanted to go elephant trekking... I don't agree with elephants being used and abused , they should be in own habitat. Anyway, he convinced me and I read reviews on here and went open minded. So it costs 20 uk pounds to go. This provides you transport to and from, elephant trek and fresh fruit for after your trek. There is another thing called combo tour which is more money in which you ride an ox cart.... We just went for elephant trek. We arrived after a very speedy journey .... Driving was horrendous! Very fast, u safe and no seat belts in the minivan. We arrive there, you are given a talk about the time you will be spending there. You are walked round to meet two elephants.... A baby and adult . Here you are given chance to feed the elephants , you have to buy a bunch bananas for 100baht. So these elephants are not in the shade!!! No water provided!!! And they are chained to the floor limiting walking space, I think they had about 6 foot in which they could move.... I fed the baby and adult , so sad. I asked the people who worked there about water and shade and just shrugged me off like they couldn't understand!!! These elephants looked in good shape, considering the living conditions....
Now for the trek, again another unsafe set up. I lasted 30 seconds on back, and got off as the cart was wobbling what you sit on. My husband went on trek and I waited. He took pictures whilst on way round which I will try and post after this review, shows how bad these elephants are kept. They are malnourished!!!!! Please don't go, if you go to Thailand, don't waste your time. Or your money. No money goes to these animals, just feeding more power and cruelty to the workers. I'm gutted I even went!!! Please ask any questions.

12 Thank rainbow*princess