“Simply mind boggeling”

Sanctuary of Truth (Prasat Sut Ja-Tum)
Ranked #1 of 138 things to do in Pattaya
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is the most amazing place I have seen in my life, the amount of detail and handcraft that went into the building of the sanctuary is beyond comprehension

If you are a visitor to Pattaya you simply have to experience this place

1  Thank 312595Apollo47

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place is amazing, we had our own guide who took photos of my daughter and me while he explained what the Sancturary was all about. The craftmanship is wonderful. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank jay63Devon
Reviewed October 15, 2012

A beautiful place to visit, very peaceful and an incredible feat of design. We had a tour guide take us around to explain about the place, which is well worth it for a small tip to get info you would not know about otherwise. We also had plenty of time to explore it ourselves. The food served here is tasty and cheap. The traditional dance was somewhat basic but still interesting and the two sword fighting guys were great at getting the crowed involved to comic effect. It was good to be able to see the carvers working on various bits of the sanctuary, incredible that its all hand made. There were also options to ride elephants or horses around the general area for a charge.This place is definitely worth visiting if you enjoy learning about culture and appreciate architecture.

1  Thank Loufish2006
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I decided to tour the Sanctuary of Truth, as I had seen it advertised on previous trips, and it looked interesting. I chose the package for the tour of the Sanctuary and a speed-boat sight seeing trip around the area. Unfortunately, the company that has the rights to do the tours was not very good. The pickup from the hotel was late. This happens some times, usually when there are a lot of hotels that the pickups are being made at (if you are at the end, it can take a little longer) - but in this case there was only one couple in the van, and we went straight to the site after I was picked up. Once we reached the site, I was informed that the speed boat tour was not being operated that day, due to rough seas - this was understandable as there was a big storm the night before. As such, I was told that I had to be back at the entrance by 12:00 noon (it was 11:00 am when we arrived) or I would have to wait until 2:00pm. I opted to be back at 12:00 noon. The tour of the Sanctuary was run by a volunteer, and was quite informative. It is a very impressive structure, and offers a lot of photo opportunities, as well as some of the history of Buddhism. Unfortunately, the tour ran long, and I had to leave early to get back to the entrance. Upon arriving at the entrance, I was told that the van to return to the hotel would not be there until 12:30. I was not impressed, as I cut the tour short to get back in time - it was emphatically stated to me that if I was not there at 12:00 noon I would have to wait. I complained to the management, and while they seemed to understand, I am not sure if there will be any improvements. When I got back to my hotel, I did get reimbursed for the speed boat portion, but even the hotel was unhappy, as they were not told that this would be cancelled that day. Overall, the actual Sanctuary of Truth is impressive, but I am not sure it is worth the cost (800 baht) by itself, and I am not impressed by the tour company they use. I would consider other attractions instead.

1  Thank Harold H
Reviewed October 10, 2012

the only good things about this place, there are gals with traditional suit with 100 baht you can take picture with them, they are nice and friendly,,, other than that wasn't that good