“Okay For The Price”

Ranked #185 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Kathmandu
“Okay For The Price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is a resort so it has a swimming pool which is only one of it's two outstanding features. The other is the included breakfast buffet which has every breakfast item, both Thai and western, you could want. They even make your eggs to order - perfectly. Also the hotel is centrally located. However, the rooms are only average with only one electrical outlet per room - so carry a power strip with you.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KENRNOLTE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

We didn't have reservation for this hotel, just walked in to see if they have any rooms available. The room was nice and clean. Air conditioner took awhile to get the room cool. The front desk staff were polite. Breakfast was fine with variety combination of continental and thai style. Wifi did not really work.

Quite a walk to Central or The Walking street, but you can catch the local song teaw for 20 bahts per person on the road in front of the beach. Vans go back to Bangkok is right around the corner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Lets be honest if you read the reviews you must know that the rooms need updating, they do, accept that then you will be well satisfied.

The staff were excellent on reception always smiling and offering help. An ( I think that is how you spell his name) on the tourist desk was superb spending time to find the best deals for my trips, which by the way are also reviewed, the trip to the river Kwai and the flight in the jungle. Also the worst value for money ever, Pattaya Cookery School.

The room maids exude Thai charm and breakfast staff very efficient.

If your bored by the way at breakfast why not have fun in seeing how much the Russians can pile on their plate. Well I suppose they did spend years queuing for food but when I saw plates left half full when they had finished I felt like shouting ''WHAT A ABOUT THE STARVING KIDS IN THE WORLD YOU GREEDY BASTATDS'' Rant over

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Andrew G
Nürnberg, Deutschland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I normally never write any comments about hotels but in this case i have to warn tourists about this thing called a hotel! I have been to lots of lower standard hotels in different parts allover the world but this was my worst experience ever! Rooms are dirty and very old, AC doesnt really work well and I think it even made me sick because it seems like it has never been cleaned as well! Bathroom is a desaster, you will be disgusted by looking at it or furthermore going in there to take a shower (check photos). When I got there the first day I even found an used ladies slip beside the chairs. The offer WIFI but the connection is very crappy and very often your cell phone will not even find a connection at all. Yes they offer a breakfast buffet but I dont think that is really something special or of a better quality than in any other hotel. Best personal advice I can give, please dont waste a second to check in this location. All the best and happy holiday.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank easypeasy80

Travelers are raving about these Pattaya hotels

nelspruit
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

perfect location, beach across the road, markets all close by, walking distance to ferry and walking street 15-20min. breakfast good, nice omelettes, rooms old and run down but clean. wifi in rooms pathetic so don't believe that.
mini bus to Bangkok leaves just around the corner.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I went to Pattaya in very short notice so I could not do lot of research before going over there. My travel agent in my home country just gave me this hotel. I absolutely had no idea about this hotel. After reaching there I did not get that much excited about the hotel. It was just an average hotel. Nothing is good or bad about this hotel. Room is ok. Bed could be better. I liked the breakfast. I found the swimming pool quite good. The hotel is very close to the beach. It’s easy to get tuktuk from here. There were lots of retired people over there. While I crossed the open area I felt like it’s an old home. May be I was the youngest people stayed at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Khaled A
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I didn't really want to be in Pattaya but we were travelling to Koh Samet and this was the only place we could easily get to from Siem Reap to take us onwards so we decided to see what the place was like and stay a couple of nights.
Knowing of Pattaya reputation we decided to chose a slightly more upmarket hotel with decent facilities so we could just stay round the pool in the daytime and the facilities here didn't disappoint. Excellent number of sun loungers and beautifully maintained pool area.
Drinks purchased from the bar are expensive though so try to buy them from the little shop if you want to drink round the pool (prices for a large chang are half the price of the bar in the shop).
We didn't eat here at all so couldn't comment on food or drinks but restaurant seemed largely quiet.
The disappointing thing about this resort is that it is quite dated. Very 1980s! The rooms and communal areas could do with some updating. The rooms were clean, large with good aircon and the bathroom was good with a brilliant hot shower however they all could do with an update. I paid what I considered to be quite a lot for the standard room $50 a night (which I know probably isn't a lot to a holiday maker but it is to a traveller) and I think the room didn't live up to its price tag.
The location is good is you want to be in Central Pattaya. As a young female though I felt quite out of place in this location and in hindsight wish id gone stayed further down in Jomtien which I think is a bit more "family friendly". Having said that I didn't see any obvious prostitutes in the hotel.
All in all this hotel is probably ok for a holiday if you're into the Pattaya scene and want to be near everything. The hotel does have a couple of lovely beach bungalows which looked fantastic and much more up to date than the rooms.
Finally the hotel had lots of Russian guests. If this bothers you then don't come here. We were the only European guests during our stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rae87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pattaya
Imperial Pattaya Hotel
#202 of 442 in Pattaya
Sunbeam Hotel Pattaya
Sunbeam Hotel Pattaya
#78 of 442 in Pattaya

Been to Basaya Beach Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!