“great central location”
Review of Areca Lodge

Areca Lodge
Ranked #32 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed April 1, 2014

stayed here in March 2014, the hotel is nice clean and bright in a wonderful location, just round the corner from all the night lie, but the noise levels are good, no problems sleeping, the rooms are clean well maintained and of a good quality, breakfast is of a good quality and great selection,

the pool and gym are very good, and plenty of area to catch the sun in the quieter areas

would recommend this hotel, to anyone including families,

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank numptydiver
There are newer reviews for Areca Lodge

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed here many times over the years. Found it to be always at a consistent quality and standard, as far as lodgings go. Staff are a big plus here, very attentive and friendly. I found the staff to be always going out of there way for you, which is rare. I'm a more permanent fixture in Pattaya now, and have lodgings that suit me long term. I'd always recommend this to family and friends that come for a holiday.

Room Tip: I've stayed in all wings, and like them all.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The staff, the room and the pools were a welcome relief in this hot period of time. Initially I found it hard to obtain bearings of where I was but 4 doors up great restaurant and kiss restaurant end of street also good. Not a place for children as TV stations mainly news, no movie or cartoon stations. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank BSonsie
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Have stayed at Areca several times in all wings of the hotel. I like the Evergreen wing (newest) best. Rooms are clean and tidy. Breakfast is good in both locations. The pool is big, but gould have been cleaned better.
Walking distance to everything is a great +. Construction of all kind take place all over Pattaya and may be experienced in this area to!
Not many from eastern europe stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Evergreen Wing has more quiet A/C! Remember only amateurs book top or ground floor in Thailand!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Havard2014
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed in the Areca lodge on two separate occasions and the second experience was as good as the first.

The hotel is situated on Soi Diana. The street itself has a large number of small bars, a beer garden and a couple of clubs. It is only a very short walk away from the beach road and nightlife areas like Soi LK Metro. We preferred this area over the Walking Street area by a mile, the ambiance is much friendlier.

Our (pool view) room was quite standard but good in terms of sleeping comfort and bathroom. The pool itself is quite big with sufficient pool beds. In principle it is in the sun all day, although you would have to move around a bit. Next to the pool is a (free) fitness room with sufficient equipment for a decent workout. The breakfast was quite extensive and offered continental, cooked and Thai food.

Definitely recommended to those who seek a hotel away from the (degenerated) Walking Street area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stay in pattaya on average 4 months a year in pattaya,in general i stay in lk metropole hotel soi dianna,unfortunately this was fully booked on my last visit but I knew that Areca lodge was in the same street,and after reading a few positive reviews i decided to book,how i regretted this decision,its the worst stay i have ever encountered in 9 yrs of visiting pattaya,the reception staff were dreadful,i arrived after a long journey with my 8 month old baby and the heat was piping hot,and instead of welcome with either a cool flannel or a cool drink,there was nothing,all i got was give me your passport,no welcome to Areca lodge,nothing,after giving my passport they demanded 1000 bht deposit for room,i said to the reception staff can u give me a minute please,as I have just arrived,I am very hot,and my hands ar full with my baby,and bags etc,they were non obliging and just looked at me in an angry way,after giving them the 1000 they then said,we want your wife's id as well,to wich i was disgusted as i thought mine would have been enough,different if i just had picked her up that day,but we have been together for 3 yrs,(she at this time had gone to the downstairs toilet to change my sons nappies)i explained this to them and they said untill they received her id we can not have key for room.by this time now i was getting so frustrated,anyway my wife came back and gave them the id,
After this terrible check in experience with the rudest reception staff i have ever encountered we were then taken to our room(the person who took us to our room was polite and friendly)on arrival to our room which was a long way to our room on the 5 th floor looking onto a noisy building site,i couldn't believe the room they had given us,(i cant knock the cleanliness,was very clean)but it was very noisy and the view was an eyesore,by this time now my wife was in tears,i just told her don't worry its only 5 nights,then after reassuring her everything will be ok,she decided to make my baby's bottle up with powder milk,to our horror there was no kettle in the room,couldn't believe it.i had to go all the way back to the miserable reception staff and ask had a kettle been forgotten to be put in our room,there response was we do not supply kettles,i explained i had an 8 month old son yet again,there response was..tough....you'll have to traipse down to the lobby when u need hot water I said this was stupid as my wife wont be prepared to leave the room at 3 am in the morning to go and get hot water.after a heated discussion of around 5 minutes they said youl have to go and buy a kettle then,I was loosing my temper by then,so they said we will rent you one out then,so I said ok,I guess that will have to do then,so after handing them over money they supplied us with a kettle.
The following morning we decided to go down for breakfast,which was very basic and bland and disappointing,would have rather stayed in bed,but on this case with the building noise going on outside this wouldn't have been a good idea.
On the hole a dreadful stay,made bad by the reception staff and a very basic breakfast,the bell boys and the resteraunt staff were fine and the room cleaners were excellent,but i will never stay in this place again,and my personal recommendation to anyone thinking of staying at the Areca lodge,look into the lk metropole or lk renaissance in the same street,there a million times better and for the near same price with a cracking breakfast and very friendly reception staff.

Room Tip: Dont stay here,look into lk metropole or lk renaissance
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank David W
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I spent four nights here, in the main building. I asked for a room on the top floor.

That was a mistake because there was some kind of compressor on the roof, and it ran all night long, all nights.

So, avoid the top floor!

Also, it is close to a beergarden, which does not close until 2 a.m.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo