“Areca Lodge”

Ranked #28 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Houston, Texas
“Areca Lodge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Nice hotel with great pool facilities and exercise room. Friendly staff and reasonably sized room at a good price. Breakfast included was very good, eggs and omelets cooked to order. Thai and western fare. Only distraction was shower temperature control can be tricky to get with water not turning very hot or cold suddenly in middle of shower. Good location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank RFrench110

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

My stay at Areca lodge was a pleasant one, and if I was to stay in Pattaya I would 100% stay here again.

Hotel - It is quite a big hotel with 2 swimming pools, 2 restaurants and 3 buildings it also has a massage parlour. The swimming pools are a little to warm for my liking but it is to be expected when its is 30 odd degrees outside. The staff are very friendly and the pool side service was good. The food was average but not expensive.

Rooms - I stayed in a standard room, it was very spacious and very clean way more than what I expected for the price I paid. The aircon was working perfectly, the minibar fridge and room safe were also a welcome addition. The room service is awesome too, my room was cleaned daily.

Location - The hotel is located on Soi Dianna which is full of beer bars and restaurants. Soi Dianna links onto Pattaya 2nd Road where there is more bars and restaurants, also very close to a shopping mall and the beach roughly a 5 min walk. Walking street is about a 10 minute walk but you can just pick up a taxi outside the hotel for 100 baht and they will take you straight there.

Summary - Areca lodge is a great budget hotel, well worth its 3 stars, it is in a great location and the hotel service was excellent. I highly recommend you stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shaneourmous
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Can't really comprehend as to how this property got so many good reviews. To summarize the hotel fares somewhere in between below average and average but not at all worth for the money you pay (Evergreen Wing). Absolutely no smiles or welcome at the front desk. The room was okay but furnitures are from last decade. Then they got a weird policy wherin if you were to call in the reception after evening to sort out any code lock issues of the room safe, you will be charged 1000(if I am not wrong) Baht!!!! The gym on the evergreen side was desolated, the treadmill was nonfunctional, other equipments were mostly worn out. Someone asked me to try the gym near the Corona side, the dumbells had cob webs on it and the whole place was just unclean. Gave it a pass!! On the evening of 3rd Jan I had specifically advised the reception to arrange a taxi for the morning. On checking out, the morning front desk staff had no idea about any taxi reservation!!! They couldn't even arrange one, so I had to venture out on the street to hail one down. Less said about the attitude of housekeeping staff the better. Stayed with Galaxy Suites @1195 Baht (no pool or gym) but the hospitality experienced was superb. Would never stay at Areca and wouldn't recommend to anyone unless there is a drastic improvement.

• Stayed January 2014
5 Thank JPJ1977
Udomsin S, Front Office Manager at Areca Lodge, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear JPJ1977,

Please accept my sincere apologize for anything may cause disturb your rest and thank you for your comment to our hotel. Let me explain something for you, the first thing our service to emergency open safety box after 18.00 hrs. will be charge 1,000 THB in case that our guest forgot the code or put wrong code many time til safety box automatic lock itself. But if the problem came from safety box as low battery or keypad not alright we didn't charge anything or you are check out in early morning we didn't charge also. It depend on discuss from manager or supervisor who's provide service. The second thing for Sky Fitness (next from Blue Ocean Pool) we're on repair and purchase for new exercise equipment. It may cause feel not comfortable for our guest to use Fitness at Areca Building, I'm very so sorry for that but it will be back to normal soon. And the last thing for taxi service because our guest always book our taxi so sometimes we don't have taxi to stand by at hotel, and I will teach my staff to have more helpful to our guest to provide best service to all of our guests.

Best regards,
Udomsin, S.
Front Office Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

I was here for the New Year and we had a great time.
The room was what we expected, clean and everything worked.
The breakfast was good and the in house restaurants were good.
The hotel is within walking distance from the main strip in Pattaya.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank robert m
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed here for one week and one of the best hotels in pattaya for value for money, very clean and professionally run.
Swimming pools are clean and beds very good,
Gym included, free wifi throughout.
Good location.
Would recommend highly,

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed her for 2 weeks in November '13.
I stayed in a pool view room which was a good size and very comfortable.
The food in the restaurant was good and reasonably priced.
The staff were friendly.
The 2 fitness rooms were small but adequate.
The hotel is located on a busy soi but it is very quiet except for some construction work nearby

Room Tip: Ask for room away from construction
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at Areca lodge with 3 of my mates after previously staying at the STINKING jasmine hotel..BELEIVE me you won't be disappointed with Areca lodge everything clean nice ensuite although the bath could of been a bit larger but overall brilliant hotel very reasonably priced felt very safe we checked out and had a whole day& night to spend till flight back they even kept our luggage dowstairs by reception even though this was at our own risk the manager assured me nothing will be missing AND THEY DEFINANTLY KEPT THERE WORD!! would definantly recommend !! Thank you looking forward to staying again when I'm there next!! P.s we were 4 British Asian males partying hard making loads of noise security had to come once but they were very understanding & didnt kick up a fuss would definantly recommend just that you can't be blasting of music at 4am in morning because security will land!! Lol overall very good hotel

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Erdington23
Dear Erdington23,

Thank you very much for your comment to our hotel, as we always do with every guests to feel relax and most comfortable much as we can do. And I'm sure we will keep going and improve more and more four your next visit.
Looking forward to hear from you and wait to welcome you back to our Areca Lodge.

Best regards,