“Great for families”

Ranked #28 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Melbourne
“Great for families”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here as a family for a week and found it a great base for looking around Pattaya. We had a big room in Evergreen tower - I believe this may be the newer part of the resort? Breakfast included was nice and on Friday nights there is a special buffet in one of the other restaurants. There is so many really good food outlets in Pattaya that one doesn't have to eat lunch & dinner there every day. The staff are welcoming and pleasant (most speak minimal English) and the housekeeping was spot-on. Toileteries provided are average - the supermarket is a hop step & jump away so stock up there...this wasn't a worry for us. Don't know how it compares to other establishments - we really liked it and would return. *** Especially good for families with young kids - the pools are big and a welcome relief from the hot sun everyday ***

Room Tip: choose Evergreen Tower on a level above ground level.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Udomsin S, Front Office Manager at Areca Lodge, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Carolyn1310,

Warm Greeting from Areca Lodge, Thank you very much for your suggestion I will pass this comment to our team. They should be to know how's wonderful they do their job and we will keep and improve our service to make you feel happy and have a wonderful stay when you check in at Areca Lodge. For our Buffet Dinner at Cafe de Blanc every Friday I would like to inform you that we change menu for every week (altogether 4 menu for a month) that our client can try various menu.

Looking forward to welcome you and your family soon at Areca Lodge.

Udomsin, S
F/O Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 11, 2013

i have stayed at the areca lodge several times. is a nice place, the pools are geat, staff are friendly, buffet is good but not great, rooms are clean and quiet and the new tvs are great. i think my biggest complaint is in the older section of the hotel the shower is in the bathtub and it is kind of cramped because the shower is kind of low. it is a nice place and i will probably stay ther again but it is not great in my opinion.

Room Tip: there is ome construction noise at the pools but you cannot hear it in the rooms...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bigorange1
Dear bigorange1,

At first please except my apologize for the inconvenient when you stayed with us here, and I would like to thank you for your comment regarding to shower in bathtub. I will present to our committee meeting next time.

Looking forward to hear from you and hope to welcome you again at Areca Lodge.

Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've stayed in the Areca Lodge a few times and Think its GREAT value and nice hotel that I'd recommend to anyone!
BUT.. SOME of the staff at the front desk need to learn a little bit more manners as some are a little rude by Thai standards. Not too bad.. Just used to dealing with foreigners a bit too much.
THE BIGGEST compliant is if you decide to use a CREDIT CARD for your deposit...
THis day in age Credit card fraud is rampant, I was shocked went when I do what I do in tens of hotels every year and hand over my credit card at check in to cover the deposit.
The Girl (Maybe new?) at checkin, hand wrote my credit card number on my check-in form.. The exp date of credit card, and then MY CVC NUMBER!!
THis, along with my name, address (already on checkin form) could be used to buy ANYTHING on internet etc with my card! This is a totally bogus and dangerous practice as ANYONE could have seen that and used it.
I asked for the paper back as I didn't want this information in their and they seemed shocked! Made me feel like a obnoxious customer. Even my wife (Thai) explained to them the seriousness of that information and they had NO idea. I eventually, after a few minutes cut off the part of the check-in form that had my credit card details.

Once again.. A Hotel that has lovely clean rooms, decent breakfast and nice pool in brilliant location.

Room Tip: Stay away from construction side..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Udomsin S, Front Office Manager at Areca Lodge, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Mick M,

Please accept my apologize for my colleague's mistake that made you feel not comfortable and not safe upon your checking in at Areca. But let me explain to you a little bit for guarantee expenses of our client we will ask for deposit in cash 1,000 THB or if guest don't need to pay cash we will asked for credit card number (Just wright down the number we didn't do anything with credit card) and please trust me since we opened hotel until now 12 years we never ever have the case like you're afraid. I can guarantee for all department of my colleague, if you see our information board you will see every time we have staff keep the guest's thing (wallet, mobile phone, camera, I-pad etc) and find out for owner. So please don't worry regarding to your credit card.

I would like to say sorry again and hope you will understanding us and come back to stay with us again when you come to Pattaya.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I visited Pattaya for the first time last November (2012) and stayed at the Areca Lodge as it had mainly good reviews and was reasonably priced.
I wasn't at all disappointed. I received a very friendly welcome at the hotel reception on my arrival and was quickly taken to my room. My room, which was in the Evergreen building, was clean and very comfortable and there was a small balcony that overlooked one of the swimming pools.
The hotel is well situated and everything that you might need (bars, restaurants, massage parlours, etc, etc) is available in the vicinity.
The hotel staff were very friendly throughout my stay. In particular, I have to mention Nas who was the bar manager. What a character!
Can't comment on the breakfast as I am not a breakfast person as anyone who has read my other hotel reviews will know.
If I return to Pattaya, it is very likely that I will try to book this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear 1952skipper,

Warm Greeting from Areca Lodge, thank you very much for your recommend I will pass to Nas that I'm sure he will glad and happy for your comment. We hope to welcome you back again soon to our Areca Lodge.

BELGIUM TIENEN
Reviewed June 14, 2013

stay away there , drilling , noise , not to go there the next 2 years
Before ok , but not worth the money , they have nice pools
Breakfast is zero , as low as it gets
For the rest good location to go out , or get some open legs girls to your room
Free joyner as the call it

Room Tip: only the back building is good , called the evergreen
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank sisse8915
Dear sisse8915,

Thank you very much for your suggestion and please accept my sincere apologize from me. As the construction beside us it's out of our control but we do agreement with them for working hours. from 8.30 am - 6.00 pm. And please believe me we are try to do the best for all of our guests to have a pleasant stay with us here at Areca Lodge.

Looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Good hotel to base yourself.second times I've stayed there and once again not disappointed .very clean well appointed rooms,Good breakfast .some very interesting bars and good night life close by,without having to go to the more popular Walking Street area.Found staff to be very helpful with a good understanding of English . Some inconvenience at present from building site next to Areca, but not enough to spoil my stay there .I travelled in group of 12 golfers.

Room Tip: Best rooms overlook pool area.Due to construction next door,stay away from rooms overlooking buildin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leon D
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is the second time this year I have stayed at Areca Lodge. It's a bit 'tired' but still great value. Very central to shops, the beach, bars etc and has a couple of great pools. Without spending huge amounts at five star hotels I cannot think of anywhere better to stay than Areka. Fantastic Value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo