“All Day Breakfast”
Review of Shamrock

Shamrock
Ranked #547 of 1,083 Restaurants in Pattaya
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Shamrock is located in the same Soi as Palmers restaurant - and is opposite the Penthouse club. It's a small, bar-restaurant mainly catering for ex-pats. On Sundays I treat myself to morning brunch, a vegetarian version of their publicised - on a board outside - 95 baht all-day breakfast.

For non-vegetarians it's a steal except that tea/coffee is 40 baht on top - total cost 135 baht, which is slightly more than Palmers (see my review).

It's quirky - all the condiments - including Marmite - you could wish for, and the breakfast is on a par with all of my favourite places (2 eggs, 2 pieces of toast with marmalade, fried potatoes, mushrooms, baked beans and a tomato).

The farang menu is extensive - home from home - with all of the regular dishes on offer.

Did I say quirky - the owner is fond of Irish jigs, which is not my cup of tea when played non-stop for an hour - but it's his place, and some ex-pats also seem keen, so fair enough.

Slightly more friendly atmosphere than Palmer's - plenty of ex-pats to talk to - or you could just read the daily Bangkok times.

My partner says the Thai food is so-so...

2  Thank terryfix