“My little italy in Thailand” 5 of 5 bubbles

Volare Rest cafe & friends
Ranked #171 of 911 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: Italian, European, Pizza, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ibiza
“My little italy in Thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

It is a really nice place, clean, well located. I ate there several times for more than a month and I have always found the warmth and friendliness of the owner and staff. In many years of traveling I have never met such a great value, fresh food and low price. My vote is super positive and I recommend it to all true lovers of Italian cuisine Mediterranean. I well remember the fish so fresh. And also the excellent Thai cuisine. The pizza very good.

2 Thank Franzsk

• Indonesian first
Pattaya, Thailand
“This is not a restaurant is a fast food!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I was recently and I expected to eat in a restaurant, having read some of the reviews on TA, I finally found myself in a fast food with Thai food and Italian alleged. This room must be cataloged in another group of activities' not with the restaurants!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Mike S
Pattaya, Thailand
“VERY OVER RATED-POORLY MANAGED”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

After reading the reviews here online I thought I'd give it a try. Myself and three friends arrived at 19:00pm. the place had customers at 4 other tables. We sat and were immediately offered menus, it was a good five minutes before anyone came back to see about an appetizer or drink order, once they did we ordered a Gnochi dish to share as an appetizer and four various drinks, including the house wine which although a bit pricey was adequate. All was fine at this point our Gonchi and drinks were served, then once more the waitresses disappeared not to reappear until the carafe of wine was empty and the gnochi finished. Finally getting a chance to order we we got one lasagna plate , a grilled Salmon, a Spaghetti Carbonara and a Risotto along with one more Carafe of wine. after 5 minutes the lasagna was served in a bake dish. After another 10 minutes we became a bit impatient and asked about the remaining meals, the waitress told us the chef was busy and still only 4 tables had customers although new customers who arrived after us. Then we noticed the new ere customers were getting the pizzas etc. and we still had not received our other 3 dishes. Upon asking once more we then had two of the three dished arrive, but were still missing the Rissoto. Finally after another 5 minutes we got the owner and told him or problem and he said the rice takes a long time to cook, well Rissotto is very easy to make so we knew something else was wrong in the kitchen. Finally the Risooto arrived as the rest of us had completed our meals. Our Thai guest then found out that one of the 2 cooks did not come to work, so rather then explain to us that there was a problem we were mislead and forced to wait rather then being given the chance to order something they could of prepared easier. Basic restaurant etiqeutte is "if the kitchen has a problem providing a meal in a timely manner tell the customers so they can a least have the option to make a change" At the end of our meal we ordered a pastry dish and after dinner Cordials which were served fine, then the owner did come out and rather then apologize , asked us how we heard about the place and we told him Trip advisor and he asked us to please write him a favorable review..as he walked away we were all somewhat stunned..any how as we finished our evening we saw many pizzas ordered and served fast , so I'd say the place is more of a stop for a nice pizza and a glass of wine rather then a nice meal, also as we were departing we once again heard the owner ask a customer to give him a nice review on trip advisor...so bottom line the rating this place has is far from being a realistic one. the outoddor seating is nice but the adjacent traffic noise is horrible.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Best pizza in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This restaurant is on the corner of Soi Bukhaow and road leading to The Avenue. Saw it by chance, it looked new and clean so gave it a chance. My friend and I both had pizzas and and found them delicious. The staff were friendly and welcoming,
I took some more friends there last night, with some trepidation. But no need to worry, they thought it was excellent. I had lasagne, which was plentiful and tasty, they had pizzas. The Italian owner told us all the pasta is home made, and the house red wine is Italian and very smooth.
The main seating is on a terrace outside, but there are some small tables inside
Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Stephen W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cannot change”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Really very quite place with good food, good quality good service and price unbelievable......have everything's from breakfast to dinner to coffee and wine and draft beer..... Pasta really special and pizza so good woooowww thank you volare

• Visited March 2013