“Unbelievable service. Exceed my expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya

Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya
Ranked #41 of 441 Hotels in Pattaya
Bangkok, Thailand
“Unbelievable service. Exceed my expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I read all reviews here before I arrive to Centara Grand Phratamank Resort Pattaya. Reviews all keep saying about service and friendliness of staffs and the manager "Deer". Reviews all make me expect the high level of service of 5 stars Thai standard but I'm worng. No don't get me wrong. I wanna say this is the first hotel in Thailand I met the best "Professional Service Standard" (repeat International Standard).

Since I arrived to the hotel lobby, one of the staff address me by my name. I've never met him before and his name is Deer. Shock!!! but much impressed. He escorted me to the check in counter and .... address my girlfriend by her name (Super shock!!!!! but very very very impressed). He surprised me again How??? I found a paper + history of my favourite football "Manchester United" on desk. How he know this??? I don't know. I must day this is all professional service.

Deluxe room is nice touch. I met all level of my expectation. High technology and luxury. Garden view is green with a big tree.

Breakfast seems small as the size of area, but believe me food chioces are exceed your expectation (Thai, Japanese, Chinese noodle etc..).

Pool at top level is beautiful ocean view but open area. it's so hot for me on the day time but of course nice.

End with check out, met Deer again. He and his team are professional and ending question "how's your stay". It's not just great but flawless.

It's more than a good service by 5 star hotel but it's a professional worldwide.

Two thumbs up !!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jackhummer12
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Jackhummer12,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Centara Grand Phratamnak Resort Pattaya and I would like to appreciate you so much for you posting such nice feedback on tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn that our staff and I have gone way and beyond in assisting you throughout your stay and ensured that you had an experience worth remembering. Furthermore, it brings me great joy to learn that you enjoyed the luxury design of our Deluxe room, the pool on the rooftop, as well as appreciated the quality and variety of our buffet breakfast.

Podcharak (Deer) Klintoe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is brand new hotel,has been operating for 3 mths, and has another wing underconstruction to be opened in Jun'14. Everything is state of the art and brand new. The staff is super helpful from reception,bell boy, hostess at the restaurant and fitness trainer. Swimming pool,bar,fitness are on the 9th floor (roof top).. which give you an infinity edge decent pool and nice view. Quite small but well-equipped fitness. (everything smells NEW).
I could sit and read Kindle, and sipping drinks all day by the pool... the view is also nice by night.
For beach lover, the hotel doesn't have private beach.You have to walk a bit .. it's so so beach.. I prefer staying in the hotel.

Room Tip: Room on 8th floor is closer to the pool.
7 Thank ninlet
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear ooffradar,

Sawasdee krub from Pattaya, and thank you so much for taking the time to post your detailed review here on Tripadvisor!

I am delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and were extremely pleased with our associates high level of service as well as with the facilities available at the hotel. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We put a lot of focus on training our employees to ensure an outstanding experience to our guests. I will pass on your kind feedback to all the concerned department you have mentioned.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

I was referred to this hotel by friends and it fully lived up to expectations. This 9 floor property opened last November and is located on the quieter outskirts of South Pattaya (approx. 10 minutes drive into the centre of Pattaya town) and within a short stroll from a beach and a few convenience stores.

A cafe and a restaurant are located off the open plan reception area which also has a large feature aquarium. A further restaurant, bar and pool are located on the roof terrace together with a fully equipped gym. The hotel is modern and has a very nice, trendy but relaxed atmosphere throughout. The guests were a mix of families and couples. There is a guest car park in the basement for which there was no charge. The staff were very professional, attentive and friendly throughout our stay. The Reception Manager, Deer could not have been more helpful.

We stayed in a two bedroom suite on the 7th floor which has views of the sea from the wrap around terrace. Our suite had floor to ceiling windows and was beautifully furnished, well equipped and spacious. The beds were very comfortable and there were 4 TVs, a DVD player, fridge freezer and microwave in the suite. There were sun loungers on the private roof terrace as well as a table and chairs for alfresco dining. I was tempted not to leave the hotel during our stay!

The master bedroom has a large en suite bathroom containing separate rain shower and bath. The cute smaller second bedroom is windowless and fitted with bunk beds, has it's own TV and is ideal for kids. Considering its spaciousness it is a shame the suite doesn't include a guest WC. The present lay out necessitates "little guests" sleeping in the second bedroom accessing the bathroom via the master bedroom.

An extensive buffet breakfast is served in the lobby restaurant daily. The selection was great and caters for both Western and Asian tastes.

I travel overseas extensively for both business and pleasure. I consider this hotel a real find, good value for money and my friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We will be sure to return.

Room Tip: As this hotel is low rise (only 9 floors) and is one block back from the sea front a higher front fa...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Nickcullen
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Nickcullen,

Sawasdee krub from Centara Grand Phratamnak Resort Pattaya, and it’s a pleasure to read your great comments!

I am so glad that you were impressed by the hotel facilities and hospitality service from me and our staffs. Our team and I are all looking forward to have an opportunity to be at your service again when you travel back to Pattaya in future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Every hotel usually has at least one problem, but this hotel is faultless! We stayed for 3 nights and so happy we chose this fabulous hotel. It's so so beautiful and every detail is well thought out. Every member of staff including the lovely driver of the courtesy bus was helpful and so kind. They couldn't do enough for us; we were even walked down to the beach. We loved the breakfast and the chef brought me out my own plate of papaya!! The moment we entered until our departure, all staff were wonderful. Nothing was too much. We would definitely recommend this hotel. Thank you to all of you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lyn B
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Lyn B,

Sawasdee krub from Centara Grand Phratamnak Resort Pattaya and hope you are well.

Thank you for your sharing with us regarding your recent stay experience on Tripadvisor. It’s very pleased to hearing from you that you have enjoyed your stay with us, be impressed the luxury design and satisfied with our associates high level of performance. I do hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again and we will certainly do our best to exceed your expectations and make your future stays are even more comfortable and renewing.

Thank you again for your valuable comments.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

A very special hotel with a special touch. Service was exquisite, over the top. It's a very trendy hotel with attention to detail and a sense on how to create a special atmosphere. The welcome team whether bell boy, concierge, reception desk, especially Front Office Manager always smiling, courteous, friendly and helpful. They must get asked the same questions dozens of times each day, but they respond with warmth and patience and good humour. They tried their hardest to make their guest feel taken care of and welcome.The room was spacious enough, bed was comfortable.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

3 Thank Jewel K
Dear Jewel K,

Thank you for choosing Centara Grand Phratamnak Resort Pattaya on your recent vacation.

I am delighted to read that you rated us as your favorite hotel. Your positive comments have been shared to our staffs and they too appreciate your kind words. I am sure every one of our associates will be delighted to take care of you again.

On your next visit, I hope that I will have the opportunity to personally meet you again.

Kind regards,

Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at the hotel from 29th December until 1st January and were pleasantly surprised by the service as the hotel was only recently opened.

We travel to Thailand on average 3 times per year and have stayed in Pattaya many times. We have stayed at other hotels within the Centara collection and this new addition to the chain in pattaya is a good choice for adults looking for a boutique hotel with attentive staff.

Good points are:
Nice rooftop pool
Good gym facilities
Excellent breakfast choice
Espresso cafe was lovely had afternoon tea
Welcoming and friendly staff
Good sized rooms well maintained with all mod cons
Fish tank in lobby is a nice touch
Free shuttle bus to and from pattaya is a bonus as the hotel is in a quieter area.

Local area:
The area is quiet but is undergoing lots of development however at the moment it seems to be only targeting Russian tourists as most of the local resturantsand bars seem to cater for then rather then western tourists.
Beach is nice close to the hotel, it is much nicer than the main beach in pattaya with complimentary sun loungers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Snooky_ducks
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Snooky_ducks,

I am so glad to hear that all of your stay with us was excellent and enjoyable. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we will do our best to ensure that our service during your next stay exceeds expectations. I most certainly hope that we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

As members of a nearby yacht club, we are regular weekend visitors to Pattaya and have stayed in several nearby hotels. This one is our new favorite! The family suite has two bedrooms, including one with bunk beds, which is perfect for our kids. The master bedroom has an extremely comfortable king-size bed with excellent linens; I slept even better than I do at home. There is plenty of storage, a nice bathroom, an enormous balcony that extends around the suite on two sides of the building, a great ocean view (in some rooms), and a HUGE flat screen TV in the living room with free DVDs to borrow from the front desk. The staff is extremely accommodating and the rooftop pool is very inviting. It appears that the hotel is in the process of building a second tower but there was no ongoing construction while we were there in late December 2013. My only minor complaint is that there is very limited parking in the underground garage. We didn't have trouble finding a space but I could imagine it becoming a problem as this brand new hotel gains recognition and fills to capacity. Also, as other reviews have noted, it has a modern, urban vibe rather than a resort feel; there is no green space. But for our purposes--a comfortable retreat after a long day spent outdoors--it fits the bill very nicely. We'll go back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank GlobalGrays
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear GlobalGrays,

We are of course delighted that you enjoyed our Deluxe Family Residence, and I shall of course pass on your very kind comments to our staffs. We are fortunate to have a great team of people taking care of our guests at the resort. I noted your comment about the parking space and discuss with the team to make your next stay is flawless.

Our team and I are all looking forward to have an opportunity to be at your service again in the very near future and ensuring you had everything you need for a relaxing stay.

Once again, we thank you for your valuable feedback.