“A lot better than the reviews”

Welcome World Resort & Spa
Ranked #177 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Colchester, United Kingdom
“A lot better than the reviews”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Have just come back after one weeks enjoyable and pleasant stay. We first noticed this hotel during a stay at another hotel inJomtien in 2012 and decided that we would give it a try on our next visit. I was apprehensive in booking the hotel for our trip this Novemeber after reading the reviews. I am pleased we decdided to experience the hotel for ourselves. It may be that the experience from most of the reviews was due to the hotel being new. Our experience was very good. Hassle free arrival and check-in with pleasant staff, all who spoke acceptable english. Our room on the top (7th floor) was spacious and clean with a large balcony. We could not fault the room and the bathroom was large with both a bathtub and walk in shower. Even the room maid spoke to us every morning as we went down to breakfast. The taxi desk arranged a good deal for a taxi to Bangkok at the end of our stay. The two free form pools were a welcome treat at the end of a hot day and whilst the hotel was quite full the pools were never crowded. It was however almost impossible to get a sunbed in the morning, but that did not bother us. With the back entrance to the hotel leading on the the walking street and beach we spent the day sunbathing on the beach.The only slight let down was the quaility and choice of the breakfast. Limited choice with the same items everyday and with some of the 'hot' food such as fried eggs just luke warm. Quanitity was OK. We will definately stay here again during our next visit to Jomtien.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors and closer to the beach give good views
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John W
welcomeworldpattaya, ผู้จัดการฝ่ายประชาสัมพันธ์ at Welcome World Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 29, 2015
Dear Mr.John W.Colchester
Thank you very much for your comments that means a lot to us .. We are happy to know you were happy when stay here.
The positive things make us have more power to keep improving service
The negative things we will do the best to improve them to get better.

Have a nice day

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jomtien Beach, Thailand
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This at a suspicious located beach looks more a busstation/parking place than a resort. Please translate the word resort and the meaning. It's more a place where you stay overnight to continue your trip. Something like Pattaya for Bht 100 a day..... for Japanese or Chinese or Korean people. The busses drive on and off. Sometimes there's a party night, for special occasions. Every friday a bbq near the swimming pool with live music.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bob116-115
Dear Mr.bob 116-115
Thank you for your comments we will do the best to provide better service. We are so sorry for you that unhappy to stayed here.. For the bus drivers we do notice to every company to stop engine befoer and after take passengers 10-15 minutes . Incase high season we have a lot customers and a lot busess get in and out almost all time it may not convinience as you want. Anyway we will do the best to make things better.

Travelers are raving about these Pattaya hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed 1 night here. Beach is clean, family friendly. Staff at hotel are nice. Place is brand new, so no old hotel smells. Everything was fine for me, but it is a new hotel, so I can see how some reviews were negative. If I hadn't toured the room in-person before booking, I wouldn't have booked based on the bad reviews here. It's better then other hotels in this area, trust me! The Guest Relations Manager (Suriyah) went out of her way to make the stay as comfortable as possible. Overall, I recommend staying here.

Some recommendations for the hotel management: The hallways are extremely hot and stuff, so add some AC or fans in them. Also, where guests sit in the lobby, add some fans in all areas because it was very hot in the lobby too. When eating breakfast, make sure staff bring a fan right away and not have to ask for one.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the front if you want a view. Some rooms have no view, but you can walk to the be...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J1PA
Dear Mr.J1PA
Thank you for stayed with us and thank you for your comments also. We do know we are new one hotel so it may be not excellent service any way we will work harder to provide good sercice for clients.
Your comments have very value for us and we hope we will have a chacne to service you again
Thailand
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Цithout excess delights it is possible to tell that it is good hotel for rest in Pattaya. it stand on a beach, and has the big swimming pool - it is good for children. Rooms are very big and convenient. Breakfast plentiful and tasty. To go to the city, it is enough to go outside and in 10 minutes by a taxi you will be in the center. 100% hotel for families.

Room Tip: Take a higher floor to have a spectacular sea view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
welcomeworldpattaya, ผู้จัดการฝ่ายประชาสัมพันธ์ at Welcome World Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2015
Dear Mr.mihhail i

We are happy to knowed you have a good time here . Thank you for stay with us . We still have many things to improve to get the standard service .. We do apologize for any mistaken and we will continou anything we could.
We hope to service you again
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I read the reviews posted before mine, and I cannot quite believe that it was all bad reviews. I stayed here in May 2013 and I immensely enjoyed my stay. I guess the bad reviews came at a time when the hotel was fairly new and the staff or management haven't entirely adjusted their service.

Pros:

1. I love their infinity pools.
They have three different infinity pools and I absolutely love it. In fact, I never swam in the beach coz frankly speaking, Pattaya Beach looks dirty. So I decided to swim in the hotel. We also had night swimming and to my surprise, the pool is heated. In addition, they have a mini-waterfall and slide for the kids.

2. Free wi-fi.
This is definitely a plus. Their wi-fi is fast and absolutely free.

3. Good location.
It is a beach front property, just a stone throw's away from Pattaya Beach. Walking distance to the food stalls near the road.

4. Nice rooms.
I think each room has a balcony which overlooks the infinity pools and the entire hotel. The view is really nice.

Cons:

1. Key card not working.
The main drawback I have with this hotel is that the key card wasn't working. Every time we had to go to our room, we have to call the staff to open our room for us which was very inconvenient since our room was very far from the lobby. I hope they fix it soon.

2. Pool usage.
Pool time is only from 7am till 7pm, which was a bummer since I prefer to swim at night. They could have extended it until 9pm.

3. Breakfast selection.
Breakfast was okay. Typical hotel breakfast buffet. The selection was not that vast.

4. Hole in closet.
For a fairly new hotel, less than 6 months, the closet door in our room already has a hole in it. It's not really a bother but since I'm writing pros and cons, it is definitely a con.

Overall I loved my stay at Welcome World hotel. I did not have a bad experience with them and I would highly recommend it. It is also not very expensive for the amenities you get.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ana S
Dear Ms.Ana S
We are thankful for your comments .. and so sorry for the key cards you had did not working well . We bring your comments in the management meeting and we will fix the key cards system as soon as possible
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Friends and i was excited going to pattaya eventhough no room yet.
after searching and we decided to stay around jomtien and finally stay at Welcome World Resort & Spa.
infairness the hotel location for me is great, room and the pool of the hotel was so amazing.
in fact my supermodel bestfriend with us. she was very happy and relax because her dream to have a break after hell week of endless meetings and fashion shows.
i dont have much critic againts the hotel because for me the reason why we are there just to realx and be to happy.
Just one thing for the improvement of the hotel. make sure the key of the rooms are all activate or shall i say should be ready anytime if have person to stay in that hotel. because what happened was when we stay there last may 6-.7 2013 very funny everytime we get in the room, we need to call the staff to open our room because the key that they gave us not activated. we still usE their key from office.the main key or whatever after ...so hassle!!!!!!
but still our holiday in pattaya was memorable and the best. ofcourse Welcome World Resort & Spa
lovely!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Zalds
Dear Ms.Zalds
We are appreciated for your comments make us have more power to improve ourself. Thank you to stayed withus .. The clients are happy that the way we need. Something or many thing have to improve .. We will continue improving to get better service ..
We hope we will see you again
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Possibly the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. We were staying in a suite. Check in was swamped with young staff standing in a huddle giggling away about the various guests waiting to check in- clearly unaware that westerners can speak Thai! Who cares if the two guys next to us are gay.. Grow up and give me my key... Slapped, unhelpful, rude staff. I asked very politely for a second key and was given one begrudgingly.. A big sigh.. Not a great start..
The room was weird.. The tap handle of the sink basin came off in my hand while trying turn the thing on.. The shower head is defective.. A large inferior cheap attempt at a cool two person attachment.. A pool of water up to my shins.. The drain doesn't work... I ring and ask for ice... No ones ever heard of it... A security woman at my door.. I point to the freezer in the mini bar.. Point to my glass... Nope... An international hotel? The following morning I get a knock at my door- early- strange I had turned the 'do not disturb' button on.. A maid wants to service my room.. I point to the light and repeat 'do not disturb'... She's annoyed! I actually go back to bed laughing at the faulty towers episode I'm having.. I go back to sleep.. Pitter patter of tiny feet... For a brief moment I expect to see my partner but no... It's that maid wondering about with towels- incredible! I want to complain but what would come of it? I ask for an iron twice.. It's on it's way.. It never shows.. I dress for dinner crinkled.. Something I've never done but who cares right? I'm on holiday in the hotel from hell. You couldn't pay me to stay there again. The breakfast is woeful, the staff unsmiling, unhelpful, it's down right depressing. The wifi never worked although I called numerous times to sort it out help was never offered.
Terrible hotel run by terrible staff under terrible management.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ollielola
welcomeworldpattaya, ผู้จัดการฝ่ายต้อนรับลูกค้า at Welcome World Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2015
Dear Ms.Ollielola
Thank you for your comments and so sorry for the terrble experiences. The administrator acknowledged all your comments we will do improve our staff and our service to provide the better service to clients.