“A good option”

Five Star J Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 925 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: International vegetarian kitchen, j or vegan. Many specialities like for example, original Italian vegetarian seafood pizza or risotto con fungi or saffron. New are Swiss Rosti and pancakes different styles. Indonesian Tempe can be ordered as sate, in some curries as well as in pasta and spaghetti. We banned white sugar and use brown sugar very careful. Beside soy bean oil for cooking we use pure coconut oil for frying and original Italian olive oil for the salads. Monosodium glutamate (MSG), sodium benzoate, artificial colouring, high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, trans fats or other chemicals are ***not*** to be found in our kitchen. As all vegetables are from the same day’s market we don't have to cover with extreme spice. We serve moderate spicy and put fresh chilli on the table. If you like more, let us know, we categorized in chillies from zero to five. You will not find: garlic and onions. Pre order and door to door service from 11 am to 11:00 pm, daily. The restaurant exists since over twenty years; the ambience has switched to European style, white and clean.
Bangkok, Thailand
“A good option”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

There are not so many vegetarian restaurants in Pattaya, and therefore this one stands out. It is inexpensive (a typical dish is 70-80 B) with a very good price/quality ratio. Foreigners would appreciate the pineapple fried rice, the curries, the numerous vegetable dishes, sometimes with mushrooms and/or different kinds of tofu. Let me mention also that they are good at cooking eggplants. If you do not want MSG, you have to mention it : "mai sai pong chu rot".

• Visited September 2013
Thonglor S, Inhaber at Five Star J Vegetarian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 8, 2015
Since July 2014 I´m the new owner. I hope you´ll visit our restaurant again and let us know how you like our new style.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Kay & Gordon from England”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

There are many dishes that I like, normally I choose the more authentic and spicy. The picture of the food from me were for my husband who just love the test of the nice food but burning his tongue.

• Visited January 2013
Jomtien Beach, Thailand
“Worth going for a change of pace”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Five Stars Vegetarian Restaurant is on South Pattaya road
(Pattaya Tai) close to the intersection of Pattaya 3rd road.
menu is basically your typical Thai dishes made with tofu or seitan or “mock” chicken/pork/fish instead of meat. You have your fried vegetables with pumpkin; pad thai with tofu, Tom Yom Hed Ruam-Mit: hot and sour soup with mushrooms and vegetables and Pla Puak Sam Rod which is sweet and sour yam substituting for fish. The service is efficient and friendly.
I didn’t see any brown rice on the menu. Most if not all restaurants in Thailand use tropical oils, mainly Palm oil as it’s cheap and doesn’t break down as fast as lighter oils do. I didn’t check to see if they used poly-unsaturated oil or not.
The food is well-made but not spectacular, coming across as a bit bland.

• Visited June 2012