“elephant ride/feed and shooting”

Chang Thai Thappraya Safari
Ranked #12 of 26 Fun & Games in Pattaya
More attraction details
Owner description: Changthaithappraya Safari Pattaya City
Reviewed October 25, 2014

1,600baht for 1hr ride was great fun & value, went through water, I was allowed to sit on the head and ride him/feed him alone. They do sway so balance needed especially if you are on the head. Had a great time. Free pickup/dropoff. Then shooting with a .45 pistol & .22 "assault" rifle. expensive but fun. both places a worker used my camera to take video and pictures for me. YES like everywhere else in the world the want you to buy ornaments, pictures etc but not offended if you refuse. (I bought everything and spent about 6,000 all up but in Aussie dollars that is about $200- still good value for what I got--& it supports the workers & caring for the elephants)

Date of experience: October 2014
"purchase"
"video"
"activity"

Reviewed September 30, 2014

We went as a group for an afternoon adventure.
Brillinat !!!
I just had a half hour ride on an elephant, she was great. The official driver was good fun and very chatty and informative.
My elephant was called Tungen, a 40 year old female.
He jumped off about half way round and let me sterr her and everything. A day not to be forgotten.
Elephants are just so placid it's unbelievable.
Great day out.
Has beeen mentioned before the over selling of paraphenallia is a bit much but if you just say a polite No thank-you. it's enough.

Date of experience: September 2014
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We took an 1hr elephant ride. I thought it would just be a boring walk in the woods, but it wasn't. We experienced going through the small pond, feeding our elephant... etc. Got many free photos, taken by our "driver" with our own camera. He also told us useful info about the elephant, but only in thai language (no problem for us though) There's also a good bar with ok price level... it's relaxing to get cold drinks after the ride. Free car transfer from the downtown included. Only negative things are that a) it's located quite far from the city (about 20mins car ride) and b) they try to sell you many things, photos, necklaces... But guys, this place is worth of visiting!

2  Thank TommyL1979
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This park promotes Thai wildlife in natural surroundings. It is easy to access by taxi or minibus.
The elephants are trekked through a great natural backwater and into a river which adds a thrill not available inmost other countries of the world. A great way to spend an afternoon or morning. Oh, you do get a sea wave motion while riding the elephant.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Took this one hour elephant safari on hotel recommendation. Immediately upsold from the 1,100 bht quoted at the hotel to the 1,600 bht including photo and bananas. Could have opted out but glad I didn't. Bananas were handy and the photo was well done.

Started out pretty average trek through woods. Guide spoke little English. About half way it became interesting when he allowed me to slide from tourist chair to elephant's neck. Guide took a number of photos on my camera while he led the elephant from the ground. Bananas came in handy and set up a couple great photos. Clearly the highlight was going solo on the elephant.

He did try to sell me some trinkets but didn't pressure when I said I wasn't interested. I did give him a tip that I thought was well deserved.

This safari does not look to be as developed or offer the options of the other. But overall a good experience as it was the first time I had ridden an elephant.

1  Thank LoriH8