“basic menu, good food, friendly staff”
Review of Cafe Ritz

Cafe Ritz
Ranked #234 of 1,226 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Well known local restaurant featuring three course dinner at fixed price with great choice of starter, main course and sweet. British/European dishes only. Popular with local 'gay' population
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Eaten here twice and had the roast lamb both times. Roast dinner comes with side potion of mixed vegetables and mint sauce/apple sauce depending on what you have. Nice gravy - a rarity abroad! The Yorkshire pudding the first time was really quite good but the second time it was inedible - like thick pie dough! But you've got to admire them trying! That was the only thing about the food quality that was not so good. The quality of the lamb was excellent.

My friends had the mixed roast (pork, chicken, lamb) and Salmon in white wine sauce, both of which were also very nice. Portion size is very good for the quality & price.(300thb or just under £6 GBP)

One downside was the vegetables came out too soon before the meat so were a little cold by the time everything was served. I think this was also caused by the air con being set very cold.

Wine was well priced and reasonable drinking quality. We order the carafe as it worked out a good price.

Overall this is a simple menu, well priced, clean and friendly place.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I ate here most of my time on holidays. They do a wonderful set menu (3 courses) for 355 baht. Add a small carafe of red wine and it still only amounts to around 12 or 13 euros. The set menu has a large variety of options for all courses. You certainly won't be hungry leaving, plenty of meat, veg, etc. The restaurant is small and very busy so I recommend you either book ahead or go off-peak i.e. 6.30pm and 9.15 pm. The service can be a little slow but that is only because they are busy and it's not a place you should be rushing to get in and out of anyway. Not matter how busy they are, once you have your table, you won't feel rushed in order to facilitate new customers. I really liked this place. And it's indoors with air conditioning.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

My friend and I ate here and the service was indifferent and the food very poor. I had the sole and it was leathery (I suspect reheated from lunch). The vegetables were ok but the whole meal was rather "slapped on the table". The staff seemed indifferent when I complained.

I have eaten here before (a year or so ago) and it was much better then.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We live locally and first visited Ritz last xmas day, upon many recommendations...a risky thing to do for xmas day dinner !!! We were not disappointed, at all ! Couldn't find one thing to complain about...total value for money that day as wine was included in the price. We have been several times since and are booking this week for xmas day dinner again !

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is supposed to be a fine English restaurant. Menu was designed in a simple and clear understandable form. The food I had was lovely. Though the chef could have controlled the portion a bit more with common sense. Nearly everything was too much. There will be a big chunk of meat on the main course, served with 3 scoops of mashed potatoes. On the side, there is another big dish of steamed mixed vegetables, which also includes potatoes. Then, I had a small side dish of FRENCH FRIES, which I didn't ask for.

There were far too many waiters and waitress in this tiny restaurant which is about 4 * 10 square metre in area. Most of them speak very little English and when customers ask anything further about the items on the menu, their uniform answer was "Sorry I don't know what you say". There was an occasion that my mixed vegetables were missing. The waitress that I tried to remind did not have a clue of what "vegetables" means. My friend asked for a side plate and again, she didn't know what a plate is.

Overall, I think there is still space for improvement if the service could be a bit better.