“4 hotels on one large site, each with it's own personality, right on the beach and away from the crowd”

Royal Wing Suites & Spa
Ranked #1 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I chose to stay in the Royal Wing which has a private beach and pool for that wing. The rooms are stunning, terraced over 8 floors, with double balconies facing the sea. A very clever pivoted entertainment centre separates the lounge, wardrobe, dressing area and desk from the bedroom so you can, it you really have to watch the very good clear digital TV, simply rotate the whole thing and watch from bed.

the bathroom is large and has probably the best, fast filling, pummeling jacuzzi I have ever used! Everything is immaculately clean and well presented. Tried, but could not find a fault other than no hotel directory, something I gather they are fixing.

The food is good even by the usually high standards and basic breakfast dishes like egss Benedict that can go horribly wrong, are perfect . Drinks are not over priced and the service is very good at the higher levels, slipping a bit in language skills as the more basic waiter level.

I have three favorite hotels in the worlds where I honestly don't want to leave and explore the city that much. The Legian in Seminyak, Bali, Claridges in London and the Beaufort Sentosa as it was in Singapore. I've been so surprised here, I've just find a fourth!

Room Tip: Chose a sea front room and if you can push the boat ou, go for the Royal Wing suites
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank rogerstephens
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Royal Wing Suites & Spa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience.
Your compliments are an affirmation to the service that my team and I work hard to achieve and I am sure that they will be delighted with your compliments, which I will share with them.
After your feedback about searching for hotel directory my team was delighted to introduce you to our newly launched IPTV technology where all the information are featured on TV screen.
It is always good to know our guests were satisfied with our personalized service & beyond from our dedicated associates.
Rest assured that we will continue to seek ways to improve and fulfill our mission of turning moments into memories for every guests.
Thank you for recommending our hotel and we can't wait to welcome you back to Royal Wing Suites & Spa - Ultimate Luxury!

Klaus B. Hund

There are newer reviews for Royal Wing Suites & Spa

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Royal Wing suites pull out all the stops to make your stay complete. We arrived to a welcome fit for a prince (and princess!). Dan was the epitome of charm and the check-in was a breeze..helped by a complimentary cold beer. The hotel is part of the Royal Cliff Hotel Group. There was an amazing selection of bars and restaurants. We just didn't have time to try them all. Nothing was too much trouble. Fresh fruit and chocolates every morning. Turndown with more chocolate at bed time. The suite consisted of a sizeable lounge and a bedroom with two balconies leading off. One had the sun loungers. We also had reserved sun loungers by the pool.Rain shower and jacuzzi in the bathroom .Dan also pointed me in the direction of an excellent tailor in Pattaya.p.s. Don't forget to pamper yourself in the Spa!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about Royal Wing Suites & Spa!
We are delighted to hear that you have had such a wonderful time with us, and that you appreciated the hospitality offered by our professional team and especially by Dan.

I have shared your comments with our colleagues and they are very motivated by your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Wing Suites & Spa - ultimate luxury in the near future.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We live in Bangkok and every second weekend like to drive or fly to a holiday 5 star destination.The Royal wing suites was our chosen destination.We arrived about 5pm and noticed a slight thinners/Chemical smell in the lobby.We were escorted to our room where the smell was very strong.I noticed the wooden floor looked like it had just been repainted and was obviously the source of the smell.We went for a walk around the property to get some fresh air and saw that the Gardens were extremely well maintained and the swimming pool was immaculate.The ceilings thru out the accomodation part of the hotel are very low and I walked very cautiously thru the passageways and indeed our room as my head was skimming the ceiling in places( I am 6'4' ) I might add that at no time did I hit the roof but I did feel a bit claustrophobic.The last 5 star hotel we had stayed in 2 weekends before the ceilings were about 25' high (centara Grand Hua Hin).We had a beautiful dinner in the restaurant on the ground floor called "Capice" and the service was very good and the food just perfect especially the giant Tiger prawns.Breakfast was also served alacarte in "Caprice" and I would come down a hour before my partner and drink coffee and read the local paper.The coffee,food and service was very good.We spent the day lolling around the pool which we shared with one other family so basically we had our own 5,000sqm pool.Occupancy for the first night we stayed was 3 rooms of the approximate 200 so the hotel was very very quiet.Poolside service was very attentive until the young lady went home and we had to start standing up and waving to get the staffs attention.We went to the Saturday night BBQ which usually is held on the balcony of the Grand hotel but as that was being renovated it was at Panorama restaurant which is in the cliff hotel (where you can also do a breakfast buffet) several things happened here that tainted my image of the cliff hotels group.My partner went outside and got a plate of BBQ'd prawns from the chef cooking them, she started peeling them and they were just mush inside.I am not sure if they were seriously overcooked or they had just brought a very inferior prawn to save money because of their low occupancy, however she abandoned eating them and pushed the plate aside.The second thing was my observation of the meat carving chef at about 8.45 to 9pm he had two other chefs standing next to him chatting and on his cutting board he had a rack of lamb and I believe a piece of beef or pork weighing about 1 to 2 kilograms, the chef picked up the lump of meat and started throwing it from hand to hand (I believe subconciously) whilst he was chatting to his workmates he then put it on the cutting board and started to roll it around under his hand .He did not have those clear plastic gloves on that food handlers sometimes wear but the chef standing beside him did and he was scratching his nose with them so that really negated the use of them.A customer then came up and ordered a chop from the rack of lamb which was cut from the rack and lifted onto the guests plate with a knife and the serving fork.
The next day we again enjoyed breakfast at Caprice and my partner had the congee (rice porridge).We always compare the 5 star hotels congee to what we get outside our condo on the street in Bangkok.They usually never do compare as the street one is garlicky and delicious.However the Caprice one was on par but in a different way.We had a 2 hour massage on the second floor spa and it was very enjoyable.The last supper was taken in the grill room in the cliff hotel and as always that was superb.I have stayed with friends and family in the cliff hotel for two weeks in a previous holiday.We advised the reception staff we would be checking out at 5.30 am on Monday morning as we had to start work in Bangkok at 9am.The question was asked did you take anything from the mini bar, the answer no as I dont drink alcohol (soft drinks were free from the mini bar).We then had to stand around for 20 minutes until he could find someone who could check our room to make sure we hadnt stolen some coat hangers/slippers/pillows/shoe horns/laundry bags or what ever people steal from hotel rooms.We were eventually allowed to leave with our good characters intact.Will I come back to the Royal wing suites, most probably, overall the experience was good

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lindsay56
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Royal Wing Suites & Spa. Thank you also for sharing with us your feedback on your recent stay.

We are delighted that you liked our gardens, breakfast, Caprice restaurant and overall service.

Thank you for alerting us on the various issues. We apologise for this and would like to let you know that this is not the norm at Royal Cliff. I have spoken with the departmental heads concern. The issues you encountered this time round will not be repeated. The departmental heads have spoken and continually trained their team. We will also have more senior F&B managers around during the popular BBQ buffets.

Finally I am very sorry for the delay in check out. This is normally a lot quicker. After speaking with my team the delay was duet to the new housekeepers were checking your room at that time.

I am really pleased that you are considering returning to us. In the future do book with me directly and I will be more than happy to personally arrange your accommodation. Please send an email to ultimate@royalcliff.com

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us. We look forward to your return.

Warm wishes,

Klaus Hund

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We had an excellent time at Royal Wings. It's actually premium part of 3 royal cliff hotels. You have the distinct advantage to enjoy the facilities of all the 3 hotels when u are in royal wing.

A little far from the main Patayya town centre but that could be a plus point for someone looking for a peaceful time.

Great ala - carte breakfast. Enjoyed the services of butler at the pool.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kaushal T
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for having chosen Royal Wing Suites & Spa on your recent visit to Thailand.

We also thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of your stay at our hotel.
Thank you for the compliments about our a la carte style breakfast and it is great to read that you feel pampered and experienced a real Royal Wing hospitality.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Wing Suites & Spa - Ultimate Luxury!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

First review here so many will think staged but honestly a cracking holiday. I took my girlfriend to Thailand and Pattaya exactly and always wanted to go so made the most. Now Pattaya was mixed, some great points some let it down.

Didn't stop the fun though travelled to Koa Lahn think spelt and enjoyed seedy nightlife and laughed and had many a day out riding elephants, swimming with Dolphins and stroking tigers and eating scorpions.

But you want to hear about hotel right? Well room not perfect some damage to floor, but lovely. Hot tub is really a bath with bubbles. However minor infractions end there because it was a beautiful room with a beautiful view.

The entire staff are just wonderful. From moment I checked in (not sure why had to pay cash but hey) they all knew my name and never even let me open a door. So calm so lovely and the grounds are beautiful.

The food is excellent. I honestly dont remember my board basis but first day me and my girl ordered one breakfast to room and got it and by last ordered three each and got them all silver platter on bed no room.

They couldn't do enough. Excursions rip off but as expected but staff so ready to help. Being an exclusive hotel and few guests they really focus on you. Check in was slow and he had to count cash lol check out perfect and transfers had air con cars.

A real classy place and that part of Jometien seemed gorgeous but we only saw our grounds before heading for Pattaya. I wish I could tell you the name of a guy who worked there but everytime we asked him something it felt like i'd been hypnotised he was calm. I'm sure Buddhism is practised here but apart from mark on floor and disappointing hot tub this was one of the best if not the best I've stayed in.

I'll add my full name Darren Jeffers, from UK, Liverpool cos its my only post and so positive looks like I've been paid to talk here. P.S When in Thailand don't try crazy rock hard fried fish

Room Tip: No real tip all suites ace the sea overlook pool
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Darren J
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the excellent review. We truly appreciate you highlighting our warm hospitality from our staff and we are truly happy to hear you enjoyed dining at the hotel!

I have taken the liberty to pass on these compliments to the entire team. They were overjoyed to learn that their work was up to your satisfaction.

We hope that you will find time to try some of our other award winning (11) restaurants during your next visit. At Royal Wing Suites & Spa, we pride ourselves on providing a memorable stay for our guests, thus I’m happy to hear that we delivered this service promise to you during your stay, and hope to see you soon again at our ultimate luxury hotel

Reviewed May 8, 2014

We have just returned from a 9 night stay at the Royal Wing. From the moment we arrived we were met by exceptional Staff in the Reception area to go through formalities & explain the hotel & facilities.
The suites were a very good size, beds comfortable & no noise from outside (although the hotel was very quiet while we were there anyway).
Lovely fruit platter & complimentary bottled water provided every day when the room is serviced. I even received a cake on my birthday, this was a pleasant surprise.
Pool area was peaceful & immaculate at all times. Again the assistance received from staff here was fabulous from lunch, to drinks, to assisting us with carrying pool toys.
As we were travelling with our young child, we ate several meals in the various restaurants in the Royal Cliff Group & were never disappointed. Always high quality & very reasonable prices, including room service.
The cardio equipment in the Fitness Centre is of a very high standard.
The Staff really make staying here that little bit special, always available to assist, whatever is required, even endearing themselves to our daughter & playing games with her! We definitely experienced why this hotel has so many repeat guests & would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone travelling to Pattaya.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Oz79
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comment about our hotel and its facilities.
We are glad you had a wonderful experience. Your fine compliments to our team members are really appreciated.
It is most rewarding to learn that our facilities and services are appreciated by our guests. We will do our best to keep up the standard to always meet and exceed our guest's expectations.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at Royal Wing Suites & Spa.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We have stayed in the Royal Wing before and this was, I believe, our fifth visit; others we have spoken to were also repeat guests so it must have something not many other hotels enjoy.
From walking into the large and tasteful reception area life is transformed as everyone seems driven by a wish to provide a relaxing attentive and luxurious experience.
Klaus, the manager, is there to greet you and spends whatever time is necessary to explain the hotel and its facilities whilst the reception process goes on in the background.
The hotel is of the highest quality and any concern is dealt with immediately and in a satisfactory manner. In fact, as time goes by they anticipate needs, calling the buggy, ensuring a table is booked in the restaurant etc.
The one thing that differentiates this hotel from others of the same claimed quality is the homeliness engendered by the staff. All, and there are no exceptions, are of the highest standard and it seems there only purpose is to ensure that the stay is a success. They are friendly, helpful and courteous without being overbearing, intrusive or obsequious. For example if something is not on the dinner menu it would be arranged, with enthusiasm, given sufficient. Nothing was too much trouble.
Klaus and his team have established a unique environment in which to relax and savour luxury.
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bharesc
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing Royal Wing Suites & Spa during your stay at Jomtien, Thailand and taking the time to share your experience in Tripadvisor. It is such a pleasure to hear that it is your fifth visit. Thank you so much for your continued patronage.

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was of great quality. It is our genuine aspiration to deliver the greatest service to our guests, throughout each department of our hotel.

I have taken the liberty to pass on these compliments to the entire team. They were overjoyed to learn that they were able to exceed your expectations.

Again thank you for your review and we are looking forward to welcoming you back for another amazing experience!

Regards