My second time at this establishment. The first time I stayed at the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, this time at the Beach Terrace. Booked 3 honeymoon suites (only ones available) for 4 of us. Hotel was very good. They ask for your credit when you do an online reservation, but do not charge your card. When you check in, they charge your card for all the nights you have reserved. Hence, I don't expect a refund if you happen to check out earlier than planned.
My first bad experience at check in - somehow the hotel had confirmed 6 suites for 4 of us for 4 nights. We tried to reason with them the logic of booking 6 suites for 4 of us, but the front desk did not want to listen to us. The reception manager was quite rude and insisted that we pay a cancellation charge of one night for each of the suites. Only with extended reasoning and many phone calls to her supposed supervisors, did she relent. Not a pleasant experience after an overnight flight and a drive from Bangkok. This is classified a 5 star hotel, but the guest relations are at par with a 3 star hotel. They do not speak much English, are very rude and almost make it seem like a chore to answer a question.
The suite was brilliant, awesome views of the ocean, very clean and the linen and bathrooms were spic and span. The lapping of the waves at night did make for a nice lullaby. Room service was prompt and very courteous and the people are generally quite nice. They do not linger around for a tip if you do not want to give them one.
The restaurants were very good - Panaroma was the coffee shop and the food was excellent. Me being a vegetarian had limited options here, but the options were delectable. Maharani is the Indian restaurant and we thoroughly enjoyed their fare for 2 days. The food was superb and the views from the dining room are to die for - you get a full wall of glass overlooking the ocean, the beach and the islands. Brilliant ambience - one of the best I've seen. Makes for a relaxing brunch.
Hotel facilities are numerous. We took the risk of commissioning the jet skis from the operator attached to the resort by the beach, fully aware of the jet ski scams in Thailand. But this guy was really good and very honest. Ask for Bank next time you're there. He's a thin, bald guy with a tattooed body. They are very friendly and located next to Sam's bar on the beach. We sat in the bar/restaurant after the jet skiing and spent a couple of hours talking to the locals and generally had a laugh. They offer a discount on the jet skis after 5 PM. We took 4 out the first time for 1500 baht each for 30 mins. The second time, we took 3 out immediately after the 1st round for 1500 baht for about 40 mins. So we were given an extra 10 mins, but it depends on how you haggle with them. But make sure you get the latest models and the ones with the 1300cc engines. We didn't experience anything close to the horror stories told by other travellers on the jet ski scams.
There is a shuttle from all around the hotel to the main gate, which is a bit of a walk. This is very convenient, but I'd suggest renting a scooter for the duration you are there. Makes things very convenient. The infinity pool seemed a great place to unwind, but unfortunately was under renovation. The spa looked very good, but quite pricey when compared to the massages available outside - the clean ones. It's about 2200 baht for a full body oil massage, whereas we got the same done for 300 baht outside in the city, which was very good. But I'd expect the ambience would've been better for the spa treatment at the hotel. They also do massage treatments in your room if you'd like, subject to a 20% surcharge on the listed prices.
The check out process was very efficient, except that the bellboy made a face when I told him that my friend in one of the rooms was delayed and he would be ready to check out in 30 mins.
All in all, hotel and the rooms are excellent, food is very good, but the staff leave a lot to be desired of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently upgraded in chic, exotic Thai style. The Royal Cliff Beach Terrace (Exotic luxury) provides a private sanctuary ideal for couples, honeymooners and families. Built directly into the cliff face and surrounded by tropical shrubbery. The hotel is just a few paces away from the beach and offers remarkable tranquility with its beachfront seclusion and serene atmosphere. The new Sunset lobby lounge offers guests the stunning view of the Gulf of Thailand. All accommodation has IPTV solution, LCD TV, bathtub and sea-view balconies with sun loungers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Cliff Beach Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Cliff Beach Terrace Hotel Pattaya
- Royal Cliff Terrace Pattaya
- Royal Cliff Terrace Hotel Pattaya