We decided to stay in this hotel with our three children after a 20 day trip in Vietnam. So I was expecting a nice and relaxing holiday in Royal Cliff. I have booked a two bedroom appartment as well as a transfer from and to the airport, which cost 3000 THB each way. On our way to the hotel, a tyre of our car got flat, and we had to wait on the side of the motorway with our children for 1 hour 15 min for another car to pick us up, because there was no spare tyre in our car. When we arrived there was no excuses from the hotel staff about the incident. When I asked about the price for such a trip, they only gave us 50% discount, although I think that a 5 star luxury hotel (as they call themselves ) must have offered this trip at no cost for us. anyway, it's already nice.
The appartment that we had was nice, with a nice view on the ocean, although quite small for this kind of hotel and for the price. I stayed in bigger appartments for cheaper. The bedrooms were quite small, for example, there was no place to put a bay cot in my children's room, so I had to put it in our bedroom, even then I had to remove a chair from our room. There were no small towels and bathrobes in the room, the slippers have been already used. I called to have the towels but nobody brought them that day.
Next morning, I went to complain at the reception. after this, I got everything I wanted: towels, bathrobes and new slippers and even a fresh fruit platter. That's was nice, but this kind of problem should not have been raised in a luxury hotel from the beginning. The room must be fully prepped before the guests arrive.
Otherwise, the room was comfortable and quiet. The bathroom is big, with a jacuzzi and a shower. there also were two small balconies with plastic (!) chairs and a table.
Otherwise, the hotel is very big, has several swimming pools and many restaurants. The pools look a little old.
Not all the staff speak English. Sometimes we had problems, especially in the restaurants, because of this. They could not advise or explain the menu. the food in the restaurants was good though, we went to the Italian, Thai restaurants and the beach restaurant (breezeo) and always ate well, and not too expensive.
The breakfast offered a lot of choice but the staff always looked very stressed! It was especially there that they did not speak english. I needed a big bowl for my baby cereals and sometimes I had to ask several time before I could get it. On the terrasse there were no cushions on the wooden chairs, only on our last day we had the cushions. The omlette station was clearly super busy, the only cook preparing omelettes had several people waiting, why not to put another cooker there? Sometimes, there were no clean plates available, because the staff did not notice or just did not have enough time to put new ones.
In general, we spent quite good time there, not what I expected but still nice. The thing is that I was expecting much more from the hotel which is 5 star and called luxury. This is not luxury!!! It's just a good 4-5 star hotel.
Internet is of course not free.
Briefly, it's a good hotel, but do not expect too much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently upgraded in chic, exotic Thai style. The Royal Cliff Beach Terrace (Exotic luxury) provides a private sanctuary ideal for couples, honeymooners and families. Built directly into the cliff face and surrounded by tropical shrubbery. The hotel is just a few paces away from the beach and offers remarkable tranquility with its beachfront seclusion and serene atmosphere. The new Sunset lobby lounge offers guests the stunning view of the Gulf of Thailand. All accommodation has IPTV solution, LCD TV, bathtub and sea-view balconies with sun loungers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Cliff Beach Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Cliff Beach Terrace Hotel Pattaya
- Royal Cliff Terrace Pattaya
- Royal Cliff Terrace Hotel Pattaya