“Nice experience with family member in this Hotel”

Royal Cliff Grand Hotel
Ranked #13 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Singapore
“Nice experience with family member in this Hotel”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I am working in Thailand, and have been in Pattaya for many times. With my Sister, brother-in law, and my nephew with his girlfriend coming to visit me, bringing them to Pattaya is a must for them 1st time visiting Thailand. But I want to get away from the usual busy Pattaya beach, where they might not be too fond of those A-go-go bar stuff. So I decide to book a Resort distant away to the crowded beach, and after many research, I choose Royal Cliff Grand, (change from Beach Hotel to Grand Hotel).
On arrival, the quietness & the spectacular view all round plus the Grand Lobby only suggest to me that I did not make a wrong choice.
Checking in is no problem, probably we arrive quite late near to 5pm. Nice welcome drink as well.
However, I have to touch on some minu points first:
1) We were assign to 3 rooms next to one another, but 2 of the rooms did not come with Sun lounger in the balcony. I have decided to change from Beach Hotel to Grand because knowing about sun loungers at the balcony, only to realize not every room have. We get the rooms change eventually, (mention about it below). Hotel must do something about it, and don’t advertise and give a wrong impression that all room setting is the same, which will be misleading. I cannot imagine if all other rooms are fully occupy, it will leave many unhappy guests.
2) The mini bar in the room, there are already items missing when we check in, included expensive whisky wine however it was not reflected. Fortunately my nephew realize that and we called the lobby and someone came to acknowledge that, but without refilling them. That gave us another problem during check out, when we have to explain like hell for not wanting to pay what we did not consume. It was strange that guest has to check the mini bar themselves in such a 5-star hotel, and when they came to acknowledge the discrepancy, they did not inform to the main desk about missing items in our rooms, also they did not refill them that become problematic during check-out.
3) Infinity pool was close for renovate during our visit, it was a big disappointment, because I have told my relatives that we will have fun at this highly recommended pool.

OK, so much so of the negative. There are however many positive.
1) It is a very beautiful hotel, from the lobby to the room
2) The view from the balcony will blow your mind away.
3) We have got 2 of our rooms change so that we all have the sun loungers in the balcony. It was worth insisting it, though the explanation was some balcony were small and cannot accommodate sun loungers just chair. The plus point here was, I want to give credit to the lady servicing us from the front desk during check in to sending us to the rooms. She was friendly and very helpful, we appreciate her for making arrangement to suit our need and showing each room to us first. I am sorry I forgot her name. We arrived at 24th Sep about 5pm, and she was the one serving us.
4) We have a wonderful time in the pool, seem that we are the only guests using the pool. However the pool is too deep, my wife and sister who don't swim can only restricted on the stairs area. (We should have try other hotel pool though)
5) The food at the Chinese Restaurant was good, my wife and i are both vegetarian, and there are enough choice for us. The morning buffet breakfast though have enough variety , but only indian vegetarian were available. However overall still OK.
6) The private beach is nice too. We enjoy ourselves during evening time there, looking at the sun set. Though not the best weather then, having too many cloud. But still very nice.

Though I found there are lack of activities provide by the hotel, being a Resort. We keep our entertain by ourselves. The location was quite difficult to find too, I hired my own Van throughout the 2 days stay, the driver has a hard time finding the hotel in the first day, too little signs board setup in the main room. Going to the main Pattaya Beach was difficult with little transport means, I have my own van with make thing better.

Overall an incredible huge resort hotel. I recommend this hotel for those who love beach and want to have privacy and peace for relaxing while do not wish to travel too far out from Bangkok.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for bringing your family to stay at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel.
Thank you also for your compliments about the hotel, view, service, restaurant and our private beach.

We truly appreciate your detailed review as it will allow us to improve and rectify any problems you encountered. Please allow me to address the issues you raised in your review. Firstly, over 90% of our rooms have sun loungers and a large balcony. The rooms that do not still offer a stunning view and comfortable chairs for our guests.
We apologise about the mishap with the mini bar. I have spoken with the departments concerned and we have developed a system so that this mistake won't happen again. Thank you for your feedback on this.
The renovation of our beautiful infini pool is now completed. All guests are welcomed to use this pool.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Royal Cliff. This time you can enjoy our beautiful and newly improved infini pool.

Best regards,

Robert Schnabel
Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Stavanger
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am currently a guest at the Royal Cliff Hotel in Pattaya, room 7108. My girlfriend and I have just had the unfortunate experience of eating in the Larn Thong Thai restaurant in the hotel. Whilst the meal was fine my girlfriend ordered a coconut juice and a part of the blender was left in the coconut juice. This was nearly swallowed by my girlfriend which is not good. The only thing the manager did was remove the coconut juice from the bill. This is not what I would expect from a 3 star hotel never mind what is supposedly one of the top 5 star hotels in Pattaya!! I would like to point out that apart from this the stay has been pleasant.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Royal Cliff Hotels Group and we were pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay.

Let me take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit.

I was deeply saddened to hear about the incident, however because of your comments we were able to address the short coming, immediately.

We value guest feedback as a motivator and a chance to improve weaknesses and above all it assists us to maintain a high level of quality and guest service.

Base on your input a detailed discussion with the Food and Beverage Manager (and his team) took place and he had taken steps to review our quality control systems and to re-train staff to avoid similar in the future.

Let me ensure you that what you experienced is not the actual level of service (and quality) provided at Royal Cliff Hotels Group. Actually, many outstanding guest comments and the over 100 awards we achieved are indicative of the level we operate.

We hope that you will give us another chance in the future and I look forward to welcome you back for another stay at Royal Cliff Hotels Group.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I have been visited this hotel several times and stayed at Grand building. Rooms are nice but rather old especially equipments like faucet, etc. Anyway, renovation is underway. One good point is room flooring was made of real wood and not carpet. If you are looking for a quiet hotel, I would recommend Grand building. Its Beach building is always busy with tourists and seminars attendants. Hotel staff are excellent, always at service, polite and helpful. Buffet breakfast is at Panorama cafe in Beach building, offers variety of foods.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Witoon T
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your continued patronage to Royal Cliff.

We are happy to read that you liked our hotel, service and breakfast.
It will be my pleasure to share your compliments to the entire team and I am sure this will be a great motivation to them.

You will be pleased to know that we have renovated over 40 rooms now named Grand Sea-view plus. This room type is a modern contemporary design. It is the perfect retreat for the new generation travelers.

For the rest of the Club Sea-view rooms we will slightly modify the rooms and replace any old items.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest

I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay with Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity and Fascination.

With best regards,

Robert Schnabel
Resident Manager
Israel
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Amazing Luxury hotel. Heaven in Pattaya. Right on the beach - the most luxury hotel ever been too. room with sew view are amazing. decoration are moderate and fancy. very good service - all over the facilities. guards every place keeping 24/7 - on the private beach, parking areas, pools and makes you feel calm.
Location is perfect!!!!!
The private beach is very clean and much better then other beaches on the beach road or Jomtien beach . Breakfast - amazing with variety of selection.
If you think of staying at Pattaya - This is the place to be!!

Room Tip: the sew view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your generous comments about your recent visit.

It certainly feels good when our guests “brand” our superior products and services as “Amazing Luxury hotel. Heaven in "Pattaya” and surely there can be no better commendation for a hotel than this.

We also were very happy to read that you liked the room, service, location and interior design of the hotel.

Feedback like yours is making a difference to motivate our team and to keep up with the unparalleled service we strive to provide.

It was pleasure to have you as our guest.

We all look very much forward to welcome you back for another memorable stay with Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity and Fascination!

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a nice premium hotel on a bit pricey side. The location is a bit off from the main downtown area but the distant is good enough to take the taxi in and out of the city. The service is as expect for the price level and the rooms have great view of the pattaya beach on the cliff. There are plenty of amenities in the hotel for the guests to do and the pool is also a nice touch to enjoy the beautiful view while relaxing on a large infinity pool. If you want clean, good service, great view, and willing to pay extra, then try this place out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time you to share your experience about Royal Cliff Hotels Group to other travelers.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your the lovely comments and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the pools, cleanliness, and amenities provided.

Concerning your comment on the price level allow me to share with you that Royal Cliff Hotels Group is practicing (like other leading service providers - e.g. International Hotels, Airlines or Cruise Companies) dynamic pricing (flexible room rate) which depends on the demand and rooms availability. That may sometimes seem to the guest that the price is high but in fact the guest will always enjoy a fair price (as on the opposite on another day / month the guest may enjoy a lower price).

We trust that the explanation will alleviate your concern that our hotel is to “pricey” (in fact all our prices may it be for rooms, food, spa ..…etc. are in line with other hotels of similar rating and standard in the region)

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

We all look very much forward to welcome you back for another enjoyable stay at Royal Cliff Hotels Group.

Nakhon Pathom, Nakhon Pathom, Thailand
Reviewed September 13, 2013

i'm going to royal cliff on 27-28 august 2013 with my love
and i stay in sweet seview room it very perfect hotel
The hotel was clean.The rooms were clean and well stocked.
The views are amazing and i loved Infinity Pool and the breakfast was good .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank warannat m
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your lovely comments about your recent stay to other travelers.

I was very happy to read that you and you partner liked the room, cleanliness, infini pool and the breakfast.

Your comments are most valuable and a great encouragement for our team to continually maintain our high service level.

Thank you again for sharing your pleasant experience at our hotel and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Royal Cliff Hotel Group– The State of Exclusivity and Fascination!

Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have visited thailand in augest and it was a great trip travelling solo and in pattaya i have booked royal cliff hotel and just a great hotel with great facilities i was use to be a tour operator but not just working on my own with my company promotion king the only flaw i had was internet connection on which they told me was chargeable and the speed was not good

Room Tip: Rooms was good on the left side of Hotel with beaches around.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments and for choosing to stay at Royal Cliff Hotels Group.

It makes us all happy to read that you enjoyed your visit and that you love the hotel and facilities.

Please allow me to explain about the internet access at the resort. We provide free fast Wi-fi for every guest staying with us. I am sorry if one of our team member misinformed you. The only time we charge is if a guest would like ultra fast speed. This however comes at a very reasonable price.

Thank you again for sharing your pleasant experience at our hotel and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back at Royal Cliff Hotel Group.

Best regards,