Stayed in the Grand club Sea view suite 21st to the 23rd of March 2013.
Originally we had booked to stay 7 nights, but as soon as we arrived we found the hotel overwhelming. I suppose we had been spoilt by staying in a much smaller boutique hotel in Vietnam the week before (see Hoi An Marina review). So after arrival we sat on the balcony looking over the magnificent view and the full extent of this gigantic hotel and we decided that the accommodation was not for us and we made the decision to check out 4 days early and move to another hotel. Fortunately we had booked direct with the hotel and the cancellation policy allowed us to move after two nights which was fine by us.
Whilst staying the three nights our package gave us access to the Lotus Club Lounge which proved to be a real bonus as the hotel was overrun by bus loads of people attending conferences making the ground floor breakfast areas extremely busy right up until 8.55 am after which the whole place emptied out within two minutes, quite a logistical exercise LOL. So for the next couple of mornings we had breakfast in the Lotus Club Lounge which offered a small breakfast spread included toast, cereal, and pastries which was ample for our western diet. Whilst having breakfast we were joined by only a couple of business people and a small family. This made breakfast a real pleasure unlike the mayhem downstairs. The Lotus Club Lounge also offered a couple of computers for use which was really handy when choosing a new hotel to go to.
Another comment I have is the difficulty of getting out of the resort. I found it bewildering that there was no access to the street next to the guard house which leads to local streets where there are services including a 7/11, restaurants, massage parlours and laundry. The only way to get to the local streets is by taking the free shuttle to the front gate and walking 10-20 minutes around the perimeter of the resort or you can trek down to the beach and back up the cliff which takes at least 15 minutes , you need to be reasonably fit if you take either option. When checking out I mentioned that I was glad to be moving to another hotel as I felt trapped within the hotel grounds. The concierge said that the lane way was not safe due to delivery trucks and security issues which I found to be a pretty weak excuse for not allowing easy access to the local shops.
Below I have listed what we found to be the good and bad about this hotel.
-Excellent service by the concierge and cleaning.
-Lotus Club Lounge is a good option
-Infinity Pool at the Grand Beach is fantastic
- Fitness centre, almost another resort with its own terrific pool well worth a look.
-Rooms were well maintained with great views.
Not so good.
-Huge hotel lots of people.
-Difficult to walk out of the hotel grounds to the local shops.
-Transport costly if you want to visit Pattaya frequently.
Finally I really want to thank Shyrra the guest relations manager who checked us in and was very understanding when we decided to check out early. She was very helpful and polite and is credit to the Royal Cliff Group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern architectural wonder, the Royal Cliff Grand Hotel (formal luxury) fulfills every expectation implied by its name, from the sweeping curves of its sea-facing balconies to the impressive atrium lobby. Its beautifully landscaped area, infinity edge swimming pool and sun decks are for the exclusive use of the hotel's guests. The hotel has just gone through a major upgrade in 2015 and has added many new facilities including a cigar lounge. Furthermore the hotel offers the sophisticated business travelers with state of the art technology and business center suites. All the rooms and suites are equipped with IPTV solution and balcony so all guests can enjoy the breathtaking view. Finally you are always connected staying at the Grand Hotel as fast Wifi is offered free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Cliff Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Cliff Grand Pattaya