“Upgrade to Royal Cliff Grand from Royal Cliff Beach”

Royal Cliff Grand Hotel
Ranked #12 of 449 Hotels in Pattaya
Rowland Heights, California
“Upgrade to Royal Cliff Grand from Royal Cliff Beach”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I booked 3 Sea View Mini Suites at the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel through Expedia and went to Pattaya with my parents and brother's family. We had a little difficulty finding the hotel as there were no visible signs until we're a couple of blocks from it. You would assume that with Royal Cliff being such a large hotel group, there should be more road signs leading to the hotel.

Once we arrived, we were told that we were upgraded to the Royal Cliff Grand Hotel which was a pleasant surprise. The Royal Cliff Hotel Group consist of several buildings and groups. We had nice sea view rooms and access to club lounge with snacks, soft drinks and coffee all day, which made my nephews very happy! Our rooms were spacious and clean with oversize king bed in each room. All the rooms also had private balcony with lounge chairs overlooking the pool and the sea.

Since the hotel is located away from the busy area of town, we decided to have dinner in the hotel. There were 4 restaurants in our building, Chinese, Thai, Japanese and Italian. We went to the Chinese restaurant. To our surprise, it was very moderate in cost and authentic in taste. The next morning, we had the buffet breakfast which was included in the price of the room. The restaurant was very busy but they had a lot of selections and never ran out of food.

Other than what I've mentioned, all the workers at the hotel were courteous and friendly. We were all pleased with our experience. It was a great relaxing experience and we definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you're looking for a quiet and relaxing vacation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ireneww
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are delighted you enjoyed the "Royal Cliff" hospitality and service. I have shared your positive comments to the team at Royal Cliff.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for recommending Royal Cliff Grand Hotel.

Janice Ignas
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was at the Royal Cliff for a week-long business meeting. Usually, after a meeting like this I am ready to leave ASAP. But after a week at the Royal Cliff, I was ready to stay for a little personal relaxation time. As a property to host a large international business meeting, I felt that the Royal Cliff excelled. The staff was always responsive to our needs, they addressed any problems we had immediately, and provided us with a very welcoming environment, often checking with us to make sure all our needs were being met. Off-site work meetings come with certain stresses. I and my colleagues were all extremely busy. The Royal Cliff staff seemed to anticipate our needs and really made everything run smoothly, which took a lot of the typical stress out of the meeting. The meeting rooms were ideal (maybe a little on the chilly side for some), the food provided at breaks was excellent and varied, the general environment all around the meeting areas was very calming; it was a place you didn't mind being in even though you were working.

Once work responsibilities ended for the day, my colleagues and I inevitably ended up at one of the outside bars for some Singha's and decompression. You'd be hard pressed to find a better place to be than at that bar right on the Gulf....well maybe, I'd have been happier at the swim-up bar, but bathing suits and work colleagues doesn’t seem like a good mix…

Being there for so many days I got to eat at most of the restaurants, all of which really impressed, especially Caprice (I did not eat that the Italian restaurant. Something did not seem right to me about eating Italian while in Thailand). I ate twice at the traditional Thai restaurant and both meals wowed me. Although my one minor criticism is that when I order an appetizer, I expect it to come first, not with the main meal itself. Both times I was served the appetizer with the meal--a minor annoyance that does not detract from how delicious the food is. The outdoor restaurant, Breezo is relaxing, and true to its name, is breezy in the evenings. The seafood salad there was worth repeated orderings. The breakfast buffet was stellar with a huge variety and with great views of the Gulf of Thailand and the pools. There's a steakhouse that does it up right (I felt that could have been in Chicago), and an Indian restaurant that I also left well satisfied and stuffed.

My room at the Beach Hotel was great; very clean, well appointed, nice firm bed, stellar view, a balcony. I heard the same from my colleagues. The only complaint I have is that the lighting in the bathroom was not very good, but otherwise I felt very comfortable. While our staff stayed at the Beach Hotel, our meeting participants stayed at the nicer Grand Hotel. Feedback I got was all extremely positive. Wifi access in the rooms was not consistent.

For my work we have a large (35-65 participants) off-site meeting either once or twice a year, recently they’ve been in California, Ireland, and Sweden. While, generally these properties are very nice, the Royal Cliff has set the new standard by which--my colleagues and I all agree--we'll be comparing future off-site meetings.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your compliments and feedback. We are very happy to learn that you had a wonderful time with us. We enjoyed taking care of you and your group. I have passed on your comments to the management team. The areas which need improvement has already been discussed.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family on your next occasion to Thailand.

Janice Ignas
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from April 28 to May 1 with my family, and hate to say that it was not a very pleasant experience.

First the good points about the hotel - this is one of the biggest properties in Pattaya, and is away from the hustle and bustle of walking street and shopping district. The property has multiple swimming pools (including 'infinity pool' which is very good). We had booked a suite in 'The Grand Hotel' and the room had a balcony looking out into the see giving a good view. The room itself was average. Multiple restaurants that cater to a wide variety of tastes including Indian, Thai, etc. If you stay here, definitely try out the restaurant Breezo - the food here is average but the staff is friendly and nice (you will realize how important this is when i mention some of the incidents below)

Now the spoilers - service was very poor (pls see examples below):

Panorama restaurant - on one of the evenings during the stay we went to the restaurant, and had to wait for 25mins before our order was taken, and this was after reminding the steward 3 times over, and it was not as if the restaurant was full, it had 3 tables occupied at the time we were there

Swimming pools - the life guard at the pools were conspicious by their absence. In the 3 days that i was at the hotel, i visited infinity pool a number of times, and never found any life guard on duty in the pool, inspite of children swimming in there (management should take serious note of this and improve manpower / service here)

Towel fascination - being a beach hotel it is expected that they will keep towels next to the beds on the swimming pools and the private beach. None of this was there - you had to go and first find a hotel employee near the pool (trust me that was difficult) and then had to ask for a towel, which was given to you with a curt reminder - "Return after use" - don't understand what does the hotel think i want to do with the towel.

Breakfast buffet - breakfast buffet is available at Panorama and Larn Thong - the timing of the breakfast is till 10.30 am , but beware if you are thinking of going there at 10.00am and getting good breakfast then you are mistaken - there will be little food left, which will not be refilled, and that also will be cold. Additionally, don't assume someone will come and tell you before clearing the bfast supplies at 10.30 am - they just pick up and leave

Distance from main city - if you want to go out shopping or partying in the main district, then this is very far from the city. It will cost you THB150 by tuk tuk (can be as high as THB300 at night), THB100 by meter cab and THB300 by hotel limousine service to get there, which can be a big drain. Even walking from the hotel room to the gate itself to get the transport is a 10min long walk (on an incline)

I would recommend avoiding the hotel if you are looking for good service and pleasant experiences. You might as well pay a little extra and stay at the mariott or hilton which are in the city and at the same time offer immpeccable service levels

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Shitij S
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed the facilities within the Royal Cliff. Right now we are working on upgrading our products including the rooms at the Grand and adding additional facilities.

We are very disappointed and saddened to hear that you had a negative experience on our service. Rest assured that your comments has been forwarded to the management team and they had an internal discussion. I am confident that on your next stay with us you will receive the true Royal Cliff hospitality.

I do hope you will consider us for your next stay as we will be having new facilities added to the property which I am sure you will enjoy.

dublin
Reviewed April 30, 2012

2012 was second visit to Royal Cliff Hotel, ALL staff so so friendly and efficient, stayed in Beach
Hotel and Grand Hotel both offer same good service. Loads of restaurants to choose from at night with good selection of reasonably priced wines. Music and singing in bar in Beach hotel nice way to end an evening, piano player in Grand Hotel lovely to listen to also. Have to mention i left expensive digital camera in bar in Beach hotel, did not miss it for over 24 hours, retraced my steps and was thrilled that the cleaning staff had found it and kept it safe until i claimed it, did not
get chance to thank them so i now say "thank you" for your honesty. Will be back in 2013

Room Tip: Loved mini suite on 8th floor in Beach Hotel , Grand Hotel was lovely too but quiet, more buzz in Be...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mary b
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments. I have shared your review with the team. Our staff are trained extensively on integrity and honesty. We have rewarded the cleaning staff who found your watch.

We hope to welcome you again for the 3rd time in the near future.

Delhi
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Royal cliff grand is undoubtedly amongst the best properties in Pattaya, very beautiful views from the rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were a group of 10 with kids, check in was quick and we got inter-connected rooms. With so many good Restaurants in the hotel, there was no need to go outside for food. The Breakfast at the Beach Hotel served Indian dishes. The Indian Restaurant had very good food. Swimming pools were in plenty, with breathtaking views of the sea.
I would suggest that one should pre book the spa, i missed it!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank graheja
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Royal Cliff Grand. We are delighted that you and your family had a great time with us. Just to let you know that we are in the process of developing a magnificent kid's world. On your next visit I am sure your children would love it.

I am delighted that you also enjoyed using our Cliff Spa. We will continue to add more treatments.

It was a pleasure to have you and your family staying with us.

Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I found myself attending an international meeting in Pattaya, Thailand, and had no idea what to expect. I've stayed at fine hotels all over the Far East and have never seen a better arrangement for business meetings. Without exception! The Royal Cliff is a "collection" of buildings on one huge piece of property, almost like separate and distinct hotels. The Grand is not only well appointed with great views of the ocean, but the Ballroom can accommodate 300+ for a business meeting or social function. There are also "breakout" rooms for smaller meetings, a large area for luncheons overlooking the ocean, and it's own breakfast restaurant. The rooms at the end of the halls which look directly down onto the shore are ideal. There is a somewhat dedicated pool for the Grand, but I enjoy the larger pool which is only a 5 minute walk. There is simply no better property in Pattaya, and one of the buildings, usually one of the Beach Buildings, will usually fit within your budget. Don't let Pattaya scare you away, this is a great place for all, especially families. They'll only be one or two days of sightseeing that can done in Pattaya, including a visit to Coral Island, but you'll get addicted to the laid back comfort and charm of this entire property.

Room Tip: The Grand has great views, especially rooms at the end of the halls. The Beach Hotel and Terrace are...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank scv91355
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments. We are delighted that your meeting was a success. We enjoyed taking care of your group.

It was a pleasure to have you and your colleagues as our guests.

We hope you and your family will return to us in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed at The Royal Cliff Grand in late Feb early March.The service was as always super and the various restaurants so good that there is no need to eat anywhere else. The singers and pianists in the lobbies and restaurants are excellent. This is a wonderful hotel and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DottieB
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments. We are delighted you had a wonderful time here.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.