“Loved the pool side and the hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Royal Cliff Beach Hotel
Ranked #19 of 441 Hotels in Pattaya
Noida, India
“Loved the pool side and the hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2009

June 2006: We were a group of 11 people travelling for a business offsite to Pattaya. Our travel agent had made reservations for us at the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel.

The hospitality impressed us even before we entered the hotel with a big welcome signboard for us in the drive. The ambience of the hotel is grand and make you feel really royal.

The rooms are quite spacious with amazing views whether see facing or pool side.

Food is definitely above average. Breakfast specially is a vast continental spread with something for all tastes.The italian lunch we had was not as exciting as the breakfast but definitely not bad.

The conference room was provided with all facilities that we required for our day long conference with the extremely cooperative staff ready at hand.

I would definitely like to go back to experience the other facilities that the hotel offers. Whether its a personal vacation or a business trip, the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel will definitely make its way into your special memories.

• Liked — The ambience and the view from the rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
New Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2009

My husband and I are regular travellers and have stayed at some fairly popular 4/5 star hotels across asia and europe. We were on a leisure trip and had spent 3 nights at the Conrad in Bangkok before checking into Royal cliff at Pattaya. I wouldn't even begin comparing the two hotels - both supposedly 5 stars. While the entire 3 day experience at the Conrad was sheer bliss, the royal cliff did not overwhelm in any sphere. It does not matter whether your property is a 1 acre property or spread over a 100 acres. ..what makes a hotel remarkable is the guest experience and how you're made to feel during the stay. and it's always the little things that matter. The few things that left me rattled during check out were - having to pay for a glass that had accidently broken during our stay (who does that? - even a restaurant you may dine in would overlook that!) ; every square inch of the room is searched and checked on the pretext of "checking the mini-bar"...you are really made to fel like some kind of a robber!! Never have i experienced anything as awkward and disconcerting as this.
Its an impersonal place lacking a pleasant and welcoming touch.
(As far as the access from the main street is concerned, we were denied a ride back to the hotel by a taxi driver when it started to rain one night. The hotel also does not seem to have its own beach access.)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank clarissapinkola
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2008

Never, I mean ever pick this hotel for your stay.
Traveled from Chicago for our honeymoon with my wife in her first trimester. We picked this hotel based on decent reviews at Trip Advisor (what a mistake). I don't know who writes these reviews but certainly not people who traveled a bid and expect certain standard. We booked an ocean view mini suite. The room smelled like mold the minute we walked in and we could not stand it. We asked to see the room first before checking in so we new what we were getting into. Still, I thought if we open the balcony door and let the fresh air in the smell would go away (what a mistake) three hours later the smell was still there and my wife almost threw up. We decided to go to the reception and discuss this issue. Few minutes later a manager showed up and said he can not smell anything (what a ------- joke) and can't do anything about it. We could not fall asleep because of the smell. My wife wanted to sleep on the balcony as the smell was intolerable. She cried and didn't sleep whole night. next morning we went down to front desk and again asked to do something about it. And again we have been told this is normal and hotel is OK. We have decided to take a TAXI and look for different hotel. Luckily we had laptop, bought a card for one hour of access to the internet and found SHERATON next door walking distance away. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. FEELS LIKE HAVEN in compering. Great hotel with the spa like feel highly, highly recommend. The worst thing is that at the time of checkout we wanted to get our money back for unused days and they said that Royal Beach can't do it. I was so pissed off and decided to work with my American Express Card to dispute the charge. I just could not take any single minute of the Royal Beach Hotel. If you can avoid Royal Beach, Royal Cliff and Royal Wing and Spa avoid it and go to Sheraton next door best service possible with Spa like amenities for little higher cost but with breakfast included almost the same, worth 150% of your money.

Again, Stay away from ROYAL. (CRAP!!!!!)

Stayed November 2008
2 Thank plgoodboy
RoyalcliffPattaya, Public Relations Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2008
In response to the review above, The Royal Cliff Beach Resort would like to offer the following clarification:

The guests arrived in our Resort on Nov 9, in the afternoon. They were assigned a newly renovated mini-suite (8064), which had been pre-inspected by our management prior to arrival. As part of our housekeeping process, rooms are being ventilated daily to ensure a good standard of air quality. At the time of check in the room was in an impeccable condition with a good odor.

That evening the guests contacted our reception and asked to look at alternative room types. We showed them different room categories in each of our 4 5-star hotel facilities. The guests appeared to favor the mini-suite at the Royal Cliff Terrace, but attempted to negotiate on the supplementary charge for the upgrade of room type. This was also the case with other room types shown to them. Our Assistant Front Office Manager also offered relocation to the same room type at no incremental charge. Finally, the guests opted to remain in their newly renovated mini suite # 8064. As a caring gesture, a fruit basket and complimentary cake was provided with our compliments in their room.

The next morning, General Manager spoke with the guests, who informed him that they had made arrangements to stay at the Sheraton since 7 am. They requested to depart our Resort after breakfast and insisted on a refund for their three unconsumed nights, based on the alleged bad odor in their room. At that point, our manager personally went to the room to verify the question of the odor. He confirmed that there was nothing wrong with the air quality in the room.

Our General Manager then spent approximately 45 minutes speaking with the guests. It was at this time that he learned about the guest’s pregnancy and was informed about her increased sensitivity towards smell. In consideration of the lady’s condition, and as a gesture of goodwill, he then offered the couple a choice of a complimentary upgrade to the previously requested mini-suite at the Royal Cliff Terrace, as well as complimentary upgrade to a Club Sea View Room at the Royal Cliff Grand Hotel & Spa, none of which they accepted. The couple eventually departed from our Resort around noon time.

It is to our regret that the guests did not accept our gesture of goodwill offered in consideration of the guest’s pregnancy. Consequently, we are now unable to offer a refund for the remaining 3 nights due to their early departure.
Livingston, West Lothian
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2008

At almost the same time last year (2007) I visited the Royal Cliff Beach Resort hotel in Pattaya and wrote a review praising this as an ideal holiday resort for the Woman Alone traveller.
Having a dear friend, Martin Frutin, an expat who had originally recommended this hotel which is with walking distance of his residence, I decided to repeat the experiment and once again go and stay at the Royal Cliff.
Sometimes distance lends enchantment to the view but the moment the car drove me through the gates and the immaculately clad reception gate keepers saluted a welcome, I knew somehow everything in this enchanted world of lush greenery, tropical flowers and turquoise blue sea would somehow have remained unspoilt.
To my delight, the imposing facade of the entrance boasted a Thai costumed lovely girl who bid me "Sawadi Ka" ("How are you?"and in no time I was escorted to my room on the sixth floor.
As before, there was a huge double bed, and on a raised level, my sitting room with a splendid balcony overlooking the luxurious swimming pools (one especially for children), and the panoramic vista of the sea boasted some exquisite sunsets.
My room also had an ensuite bathroom with shower and sufficient furniture and wardrobe space to accomodate the clothes I had brought in profusion. As women do.
Delighted to report, my room was cleaned and tidied almost immediately I left to have breakfast (coffee) by the pool each day. Then it was further tidied when one of the attentive and smiling staff came to turn down the bed, leaving an orchid on the pillow, each night. Any used bath or hand towels were then replaced with more fresh towels.There was even a telephone in the bathroom as well as by my bedside.
On the coffee table area, there was always a large bowl of fruit, some of which I had never seen before. Weird, hairy grape affairs, limes, apples, grapes which all tasted better than they looked.
A complimentary bottle of water as well as Nescafe coffee and coffee mate as well as tea bags, were replenished each day beside the electric kettle.
Because I had packed too many clothes, they emerged slightly crushed from the suitcase, Not a problem. The hotel immediately loaned me an iron and ironing table, I could even have utilised their laundry service, if required.
The Royal Cliff resort boasts several good restaurants. I found the Rossini with its continental trio of two guitarists and a girl singer, was well worthy of the five star rating this hotel enjoys.
Even although I was dining alone, the attentive staff ensured I was made welcome. They even pin a complimentary orchid to your dress and the spaghetti carbonara, chosen by me in the smaller size, was complimented by freshly baked breadsticks, various breads and brought to the table with a flourish.
The bill was totally agreeable. Do not they include a ten per cent service charge as well as government tax as an extra to the oprice on the menu. However, the service merits an extra tip if your budget allows.
The food in the main restaurant where breakfast is also served, was very good and again, well within my budget, Sitting watching the world go by in air conditioned comfort and served by delightful, smiling waiting staff was a delight.
A trio of two girl singers and a chap who played a pretty good keyboard, ensured a nice evening in the adjacent large lobby bar where even a non-drinker can order a soft drink and still be made welcome by an elegantly costumed young lady,
The Indian restaurant I did visit but left, because I thought the way they wanted to make additional charges for rice and even bread, were not welcoming. The hotel's other restaurants offered better value for money.
A great new addition this year is the free bus to the centre of Pattaya and drops you at a large department store.
You have to wait until 2pm to get the first one, however but a lovely wee walk to the main gates will ensure you catch a baht bus and only pay 100 bahts to get to the Royal Garden shopping Plaza.
Tour lady within hotel could not have been more helpful and I recommend you visit Tiffany's because for just 850 bahts you are picked up and driven to this most exciting show (lady boys wear breathtaking costumes and rival female beauty queens) and driven back to the hotel afterwards,
Any minus points since last year? None, whatsoever. You can wander through any of the delightful shops within this complex and feast your eyes on fashion, jewellery, ethnic Indian materials and not be pressured by pushy sales people.
If your mobile phone does need a top up (get one in the town in order to save your own phone),then the helpful staff in the hotel shop will happily oblige and key it in for you.,
One word of warning, however, If you choose to sit at the pool on your first day, your helpful pool attendant may well ensure the umbrella is erected, despite the fact there is no actual sunshine.
If you happen to be wearing shorts, your legs will be exposed.Because I had not thought to put on suntan lotion on my first afternoon, my legs from the knees down, were sunburnt, My own fault.
The hotel might well want to ensure a note warning silly travellers like me, to ensure they take more care even when the sun is not shining. Ultra violet rays can produce sunburn.
As I left and had a final wander through the hotel shop, it was interesting to note a gentleman who had walked in to buy after sun lotion.
He was suffering from sunburnt legs as well.
Incidentally, nothing was too much trouble to the hotel staff who are beautifully trained,polite and go out of their way to be helpful.
Will I go back? I have started saving, now.....

• Liked — The friendly service from the welcoming staff and the quality of the mini suite with its sea view
  • Disliked — No bad qualities. Liked everything.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
3 Thank berylbeattie
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2008

This was our 5th consecutive visit to the Royal Cliff Beach Resort and our first visit appeared perfect. However it just seems to get better and better, if that is possible, partly due to a continuous programme of huge investment by the family owners.
The very large numbers of staff are a credit to the General Manager, Alexander Haeusler, and his friendly and extremely capable managemant team.
Their attitude is reflected in the superb service from everyone, delivered "from the heart".
Yet more international awards presented this year are truly deserved as there is something here for everyone.
Stay here and you will be amazed at the environment as you are being pampered in all manner of ways.

• Liked — All rooms are "suites", many themed, to the highest standard and with lovely views
  • Disliked — After 5 visits still unable to find any faults
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tesremos
Ambler, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2008

Stayed 7 days at the Royal Cliff for a Conference. The hotel was very nice. Room facing sea was roomy and very clean. Grounds were beautiful and well maintained. All the facilities were top notch and the staff were always cheerful and helpful. The conference facilities were equipped with the latest audio visual equipment and the conference staff looked after every need. There is a phenomenal pool and pool deck area with swim up bar.For beachgoers...there is no "beach". There is a sandy strip at the bottom of the cliff with comfortable beachchairs, beach bar and service but you have to take steps down a stone bulkhead into the sea. A larger, more traditional "beach" is accesible via a narrow path and makeshift wooden bridge that takes you off property. Overall, this was a great place to stay for business and relaxation and was an Oasis from the hubbub of Pattaya city itself.

• Liked — Cleanliness and spaciousness
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2008

It was my 2nd time at this hotel and was the reason why we went back to Pattaya. The rooms, service, and design is excellent. Access to the beach is through a nice elevator. Restaurants serve good food. The hotel is a bit far from downtown and could only be accessed through transportation (their shuttle is quite expensive) so if you're planning to go downtown a lot, that would be quite inconvenient. For me and my family though, the hotel is the highlight of the Pattaya trip.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family