“Going the extra mile”

Ranked #22 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Going the extra mile”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

This was the 2nd time that I stayed at this hotel. I am still impressed by the location, the amenities, comfort, cleanliness and hospitality afforded by the hotel and its staff.I would like to extend a special thanks to the new General Manager, Mr Antonello Passa who made my family's stay a memorable one. I would like to mention that one of the staff,Somchai,went the extra mile to serve us and was impressive. I have no doubt that Mr Passa has the right attributes to take this Group of Hotels to new heights. Well done!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post your review. Thank you also for highlighting the facilities you enjoyed most about the resort. This is a great feedback for our team.

We are glad to know that you had a wonderful time with us. We are truly committed to consistently provide high standards of service and facilities. It is our goal to create memorable experiences for our guests.

There is certainly nothing more motivating to a service provider than to be acknowledged for a job well done and it's also my pleasure to share your comments as well as my thanks with all team members.

Once again, thank you for choosing Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity & Fascination and we are all looking forward to your next visit.

Antonello Passa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Great view of the ocean from the balcony. Room is spacious and comfortable. Unfortunately very few English speaking Thai nationals. Ordered room service by being physically down at the restaurant but it never came! When we clarify with them the language was the main barrier! Hope they have gone for English lessons! Nonetheless they were apologetic and eventually we had our food, albeit much later by almost one and a half hours!

Room Tip: Try asking for a higher storey facing the ocean. The view is great!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments and your compliments on the hotel’s room and the view of the ocean from your private balcony. I am very pleased to read that were of your liking.

Firstly allow me to apologies on behalf of my team for any inconvenienced caused during your stay with us. I am disappointed and concerned to hear of your negative experience with our Room Service.

This is definitely unacceptable and does not reflect our service standards. Please be assured that I have passed your feedback to our Executive Chef so that he can look into it and to our Food & Beverage Director to follow up on this incident and re-training the staff. It is particularly disappointing that we have not provided our normal standard of service to you.

I truly appreciate your feedback regarding our staff's level of language; your feedback has been most valuable and informative. The respective managers have taken initiative to follow up with language re-training programs.

We can ensure you that on your future visit you will experience the true Royal Cliff service. We are renowned for our excellent Thai hospitality towards our customers.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

San Pedro, Laguna, Philippines
Reviewed December 17, 2013

It's probably the best hotel that I have ever been to. The location, the pool, the beach surpassed my expectation. However, I'd rather comment on the fact that the kitchen staff could rather not handle a huge crowd. We waited for an hour to receive our foods, they even served it one by one. Plus, there were some problems with what we booked for but we are glad that they moved us to a much better and bigger room to make up on their mistake.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay there i just hope they get their people trained how to huge amount of customer.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post your review. Thank you so much for sharing your comments and your compliments on the hotel’s location and facilities, swimming-pools, and our private beach, I am very pleased to read that your expectations were exceeded.

We appreciate your comments. It is through such feedback that we can isolate issues and areas in need of attention.

Firstly allow me to apologies on behalf of my team for any inconvenienced caused during your stay with us. I am disappointed and concerned to hear of your negative experience in our Panorama Restaurant.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

it absolutely a home coming pleasure for me as soon as i enter the gates of royal cliff group of hotels.. i'll describe as event wise experience for me.. the moment i entered the lobby... i was amazed to see a same staff... and was so gracious and welcoming.. that i forgot the flight and travel sickness.. and then the room was well decorated and very much tidy then other hotels... the swimming pool is very very amazing as ever... this tym i went for the beach... and a dip in it was very relaxing... maharani the restaurant is extremely luxurious and makes me feel at home with indian food served at its best.... i never feel to check out from the hotel.... i am in love with this hotel... comming back in jan on the 21st of jan for a stay equally excitted to stay there again...!!! thank you all the team out there for an amazing extravaganza and never the less sorry to mention about the spa.... GRAND SPA ROCKS.... THE BESTEST TREATMENTS I HAVE EVER GOT...!!!!

Room Tip: choose the royal cliff beach hotel.. as rooms are pretty good at low costs..!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post your review. Thank you also for recommending Royal Cliff to other travelers.

It brings us great pleasure to know that you had an amazing stay with us. Thank you for your compliments on the hotel facilities, swimming-pools, room, and our Cliff Spa. We continually update our treatments and products in our spa.

We are more than glad to know that you enjoyed the ambiance and the food in our Maharani Indian Restaurant; the Royal Cliff Hotels offer a wide range of cuisine from across the globe with 11 restaurants and 6 bars with many outstanding guest comments and the over 100 awards and achievements, next time please try our other outlets.

Thank you so much for sharing your comments about our private beach and the sea!

Thai Mueang, Thailand
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Great overall experience, Luxury hotel great front desk staffs and surprisingly drinks are not over priced. I like new edge-less pool, feel like swimming next to sea and the sky level, one must really try.

Room Tip: I enjoyed hotel as well as meeting at the large convention hall, very modern and good food.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It brings us great pleasure to know that you had an amazing stay with us. Thank you for your compliments on our luxury Hotels, the hotel staffs, drink rates, and our PEACH Exhibition and Convention Hall, which is largest Thailand conference centre.

We are pleased to know you like our new infini pool.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This place could be great, but it's not. However I believe the new manager who has only been there for a month will shake things up and fix the annoying problems that we encountered.
First I'll comment on the location which in my opinion is of paramount importance on booking accommodation for any trip. Pattaya is a sleazy, depraved hole which had no redeeming features that I could find. The town is full of girly bars that reeked of human trafficking, abuse and abusers and sexual deviants preying on the poor victims of poverty and despair. The beach is the dirtiest and most polluted that Thailand has to offer.
If however you need to be around that region, the Royal Cliff Hotel is 3km out of the grime and depravation but close enough that you can go in for dinner or shopping. The hotel offers one way transfers for B300 per car or hail a local taxi for B200. There are also those hop on ute vehicles which I think are about 50 baht pp.
As for the resort itself, it's quite nice.
The rooms are a good size, nice separate seating area with couch and tv and sliding door to balcony. The sea view rooms had a lovely view over the pools and coast. We had two rooms, the sea facing for us, and the 'mountain view' for our teenaged son. The mountain view was really the car park and driveway, not offensive, but worth the extra $ for the better view.
The pools were nice enough and plenty of sun lounges everywhere. The new infinity pool overlooking the sea was really nice.
We did encounter quite a few issues though and I did put them in writing and to his credit, the general manager met with me and explained that he was actioning every one of my complaints so I hope things will be better in the near future.
Some of my problems were;
No dry towels near pool to change over, just a huge pile of wet ones even when the pool is not busy. The manager assured me the hotel does have adequate reserves and will ensure the system is fixed.
One crowd of noisy conference attendees who hogged the pool and made noisy videos for 3.5 hours, screaming and splashing to create a jolly atmosphere for their amateur videos. The manager assured me that better management of guests will follow.
The mainly Russian clientele had reserved all the good lounges near the infinity pool by placing one towel on every second lounge, so phantom towels had the best views and spots while we were forced to sit 4 rows back. The manager assures me that he was having signage made and instructing the pool attendant that after 45 mins unused towels would be removed and real people could claim the lounges.
After spending 2 full days of our trip with gastro, I noticed that the food attendant who brings the meals to the pool guests came out of the toilet next to me and was wearing the same leather gloves she wears to serve lunches! She failed to wash her hands or gloves after the toilet. The manager agreed that the leather gloves were a serious breeder of bacteria and were not appropriate in food handling. He assured me that hand washing was drilled into training.
Truthfully, I think we got sick after eating at one of the cafes on the squalid beach nearby. I think the ice in the smoothie did us in, but can't be sure.
We thought the restaurants, menus and quality and variety of foods were very good. They were reasonably priced but then add 10% & 7% as well as a tip and they creep toward Western prices. Anyway, that's the law for hotels so they'll all be the same. Even though I don't eat breakfast and only had a fruit juice, I thought the variety and quality looked fantastic. My husband and son enjoyed it until they got sick - but I repeat - I think it was from the smoothie on the beach.

Room Tip: The sea view is worth the extra $ as its really nice to sit on the balcony and enjoy.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Royal Cliff and for taking the time to write a very detailed comment about your experience with us.

We are delighted to hear that you liked our location, rooms, pools, restaurants and the view. Thank you for recommending to the other travelers to try our beautiful sea-view rooms.

After meeting with you I have discussed with the departmental heads of each area that needs improvement. Rest assured that we have developed an action plan so that these problems will never be repeated again. Firstly we will not allow guests to reserve the sun loungers using their towels. It is unfair to other guests. Therefore the sun loungers are available on a first come first serve basis. The only way one can reserve a sun lounger is through booking via our guest relations. But the sun lounger can only be booked till 10am after that if the guest does not show up we will make it available again.

We do have dry towels available. However we will made the signage more visible. We have informed our team at the poolside to let each guest know about the dry towels.

We apologise on behalf of the group that made loud noise. Our managers will be make sure that the noise is kept to an acceptable level. They will be more strict on this.

I have spoken to the food attendant and instructed her to wash her hands. Actually we are very strict about this. Personal Hygiene is something I keep repeatedly tell my team.

We are sorry about that you caught a stomach bug. I truly believe it was not from our restaurant. Our chefs are very strict on quality and freshness of the food and drinks.

I do hope that after we have addressed every issue you will give us another try. On your next visit please email my secretary and I will personally oversee your booking. Her email is wannarat@royalcliff.com.

Best wishes,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed from 6-9 Dec due to a company event at Peach Convention Hall. The place was infested with mosquitoes that were seemingly too many to kill. Even wearing jeans, I got enough bites to look like I'm suffering from measles. Not a pretty sight.

Panaroma's breakfast pretty much helped give a bad start to my day. The milk began to leech colour from the chocolate rice crispies the moment I mixed them together. I ended up having chocolate milk & vanilla rice crispies. Butter cake tasted more like flour & hardened butter. Croissant is recommended for brave kids who need to pull out a loose tooth. Oh, did I mention that the only cockroach I saw during my stay was hiding behind the coffee/tea machine?

On the plus side, the swimming pools were beautiful, service was rather good (excusing the communication barrier) albeit a little slow, & rooms were quite spacious. Still, I wouldn't go back.

2 Thank Lainee-XQL
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your comments as it allow us to fix the areas we may have overlooked.

Thank you for your compliments on the pools, service and rooms. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed these facilities.

Your complaints have been looked at and we have taken steps to ensure these issues will not repeated in the near future. We have installed new technology to kill the mosquitoes and prevent them from entering the restaurants and rooms.

As for the breakfast I don't know if its the first time you had coco pops with milk. That is what it suppose to happen. The chocolate from the rice crispies are absorbed by the milk. So the milk turns into chocolate milk. About the cake and the croissant this is the first time we received a complaint. My pastry chef ensures that for the future he will be more strict on the quality of our pastries.

I am really sad to hear you do not want to come back as we have many new developments installed for the future.

Please do re-think it through. If you decide to return you will be happy to see that all your comments were addressed and your stay will be much better than previous time.

Best wishes,