Royal Cliff Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Cliff Beach Terrace(Pattaya)
View Hotel
Royal Cliff Grand Hotel(Pattaya)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,172 results
All reviewsmini suiteinfinity poolprivate beachsea viewpanorama restaurantmain gateindian restauranttennis courtsshuttle buspattaya townwalking streetsitting areabig hotelrestaurants and barsshuttle servicebuffet breakfastvisit pattaya
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 16, 2012

After going to Pattaya for some 2 plus decades I had never stayed at Royal Cliff until now. On this occasion I am glad I did. My booking was originally for the main building (there are 4 separate options), but on check in I was advised that I was being upgraded to the Beach Terrace wing. I think this gesture made me appreciate the hotel even more.
The suite was most spacious and quiet, with not only bedroom and bath but a very attractive sitting area leading onto a spacious balcony that overlooked the foreshore, palm trees, garden and nearby water views. The upshot of this one almost did not want to leave the seclusion of the room except perhaps to use one of the many pools or restaurants.
Although there are many restaurant options I really didn't feel the need to go past the Panorama main restaurant off the entrance lobby. There is one major drawback with this restaurant though as it experiences huge crowds on weekends. The consequence is a somewhat noisy and uncomfortable experience with crowds in the room and at the buffet, as well as some guest impatience.
I did find though that the dining rom manager and his staff were quite attentive and obliging as they got to know their clients.
As the hotel complex is located on a peninsula, although a relatively short distance to down-town Pattaya it takes a bit of organising to get there. Firstly the hotel provides a shuttle service to the main gate where one then has to negotiate a price with the Baht bus to either Pattaya or to Jomtien Beach. Cost for this could be around 200 - 300 baht ( $8 - $12) per journey as one has to negotiate the whole use of the vehicle. Alternatively for the more adventurous pillion rider a motorcycle taxi also be found at the main gate (helmet provided) ( 70 - 100baht).
The hotel also does have its own shuttles but the fee starts around 400 baht per journey (approx $16). There is also a shopping shuttle which I did not use.
In general terms I found all staff to be quite professional and pleasant. The only drawback to me was the servicing of the room around 4.00pm in the afternoon (this is a trend in a lot of hotels as they concentrate on room preparation for incoming guests). This means if one is using the room during the day it needs a personal tidy up.
The grounds of the hotel are most spacious, and seem to go on forever, but I noted the masses of concrete paving adjacent to the main hotel (pool/sea side), for there is a need to soften this outlook. Also I was surprised at the lack of colour in the very large main hotel lobby. While there was some greenery I thought the addition of orchids and colour would provide a more welcoming touch.
I will look foward to returning to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Clearly the rooms with a sea view are the most desirable as the afternoon sun also sets on that side, although not as important if one does not spend time in their room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank tastony2
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Royal Cliff. We are glad that overall you enjoyed staying with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and have taken account all the points you have raised. We have already started an action plan to tackle each issue.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed here with my 24 year old Daughter for 4 Days from 24th November. Stated on the reservation that I wanted twin beds. Asked at reception on arrival if the room had twin beds, the checkin staff confirmed that the room had twin beds. Guess what, when we arrived in the room there was a large King size bed. Also there was no hangars in the wardrobe.

The Hotel itself is excellent as per other reports, attention to detail is missing though.

Room Tip: select a see view room
3  Thank HorshamArsenalFan
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Royal Cliff on your recent trip to Pattaya. We appreciate your comments.

I was deeply concerned about the mishaps with your room arrangement. I have spoken with the team and can ensure you that it won't happen again. We are a true believer in attention to detail. Everyone in the resort has been notified.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the true 'Royal Cliff' experience.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Brilliant Hotel! great facilities, beautiful rooms. awesome view. great pools, friendly staff
i cant wait to go back there. I think ill go back to Pataya just to stay there!
Food was not great but OK.
Absolutely recommended for families and couples alike.

Room Tip: needless to say beach facing!
1  Thank Zenia_28

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing o stay at Royal Cliff. We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to learn you had a wonderful stay with us and you are thinking of returning. Your comments have already been shared amongst our team.

I was concerned about your comment on our food. We are continuously working hard to improve the menus in all our restaurants. Please let me know which restaurant you dined in by emailing relax@royalcliff.com.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

It's been a while since I stayed at this hotel, so I may not remember every single detail but the overall experience was just great! I enjoyed staying in this hotel so much that I may travel again to pattaya, just to stay in this hotel! (No kidding)

To summarize the experience, I should say that everything was great and the only real downside was the fact that hotel was located far from the city center.

Cons:
-Far from the city center - They provided a shuttle service but it wasn't really that effective.
-Room equipment is not that new (maybe a little be old) and IMHO rooms don't seem to be as modern as similar hotels.

Pros:
-Fantastic environment
-Friendly staff - For example there were always someone at the front door just to say hi to every guest *in their own mother tongue*! Every time I entered the hotel, they greeted me in my own language and that definitely felt nice :)
-Large and comfortable rooms with a lovely terrace.
-Excellent environment with lots of trees and flowers and several different pools for different tastes (I think there were more than 6 or 7 pools)!
-Nice breakfast

Room Tip: I took a sea-view room and it was very nice
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Royal Cliff in your recent visit to Pattaya!
Thank you also for your compliments. We are delighted to hear that we are the reason you will return to Pattaya.

We really appreciate your feedback and every issue you raised we will look into. Attention to detail is very important to us.

I am happy to share with you that next year we will have new facilities and rooms for you to enjoy.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

As an owner of a hotel in Australia my remarks are from a person with 20 years in the industry: The staff need better training. 1. Rooms are cleaned far too late in the day, we had to ask for our room to be cleaned and each time it was past 1.0pm. 2. The cleaners did not clean the room well, the floors were not moped once the 3 days we were there. 3. The front desk had the wrong information on regards to the distance to walking street, she said it was 10 klm; it is not it is 3.5 klm. 3. We booked a limousine, as the staff called it that, it is not; it is a standard 6 seater and at 300 b is a ripoff. The schedule in the room showed kids activity at the fritz club, on two occasions we went there and the staff there told us that the schedule was wrong. 4. Charging $70 for a kids bed is a ripoff, our son slept on the sofa which was just fine. 5. The level of the staff speaking English needs to be improved, they do not even know the difference between left and right. 6.When checking out I noted the I was charged for 2 beers, I noted that the person checking the room told her there were 2 local beers in the fridge that I had bought outside but left there, she said nothing about that but I knew. 7.She never thanked us for staying, but had a face like a monkey; I guess that was because the extras bill was 500b maybe she thought it very little. 8.Also the staff seem to expect tips, that should not be happening as we payed a 10% service charge. TRAIN YOUR STAFF BETTER!

Room Tip: Don not book a bed for your kid. The sofa is fine, see the room before you commit.
3  Thank Motelspoter

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Royal Cliff.

We are deeply saddened to hear that you did not get to experience the true "Royal Cliff" hospitality like our other valued guests. We have taken your feedback into account and already discussed the issues you raised in our meeting. Please know that we continually train our staff with an emphasis on communicating in English. We also have multiple international staff around the resort with excellent English.

We appreciate your comments as it will help us improve.
We hope you will give us another chance to show you that your bad experience this time was a one time off. If you decide to return to us next year you will see multiple new facilities as we are upgrading our rooms and adding a new 300 sq.m indoor kid's world.