“Perfect place for a family - but choose correct room!”

Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya
Ranked #21 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I and my son, 7 years old, stay at this hotel for around 2 weeks in December.
First check in: welcome drink.
Second check in ( 1-2 weeks later) : no welcome drink. But with a smile:"welcome back"
King size bed room: all rooms have connections doors. Can be very noisy. So we changed to a room with 2 beds - and got some privacy. I don't like to have "people in my room". I mean, it could sound like that with a noisy family next door.!
Go for a twin deluxe room ( seaview) and choose the sunny side, towards Montien/Hilton. Other side: no sunshine at all!
Room quality: rather hard beds. Not comfortable funitures. Terrible chairs!
A little bit run down, everything,
The pool is perfect for a family. Many activities and so on. And the staff is great!
Perfect place!
Breakfast is ok, but below avarage when it comes to brunch style, beef, fish ...
Even a cheaper hotel can offer more! However - normal breakfast with
good bread and fruit selections.
My son loves this hotel - and the staff. They were great!
So we will come back one day.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MaxLikesToTravel
There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya

Reviewed December 16, 2010

I stayed at the Hard Rock hotel for a night (Dec 11-Dec 12). We were initially 4 folks traveling and hence booked 2 rooms, but one of our friends backed out, and I stayed solo. Check in was smooth and the staff is very lively. On check in, I was asked to present my credit card, which I didn't have, and hence paid $100 as deposit which was refunded while checking out. As there was a change in plans - one friend didn't come - i asked if I could be given a double room instead of twin beds. Unfortunately the Hotel was fully booked but the staff took utmost interest in trying to arrange something.

The rooms live up to the hard rock image - posters with Rock icons, tv plays the Hard Rock channels (awesome music 24 hrs) and rooms were very clean and had all amenities such as a safe, ironing board, all toiletries etc. The washroom had foldable windows for you to watch tv while maybe taking a poop or bathing, amongst other things ;)

The rooms had a lovely view of the sea and each balcony had great neon lighting which gave the hotel an excellent look at night. The pool area was splendid - I had the best sleep on the hotel sand beach! The bar has swimming pool access and as we were there for Saturday night, we went for the foam party as well which was terrific! The hotel really gets lively post 10 PM on Saturday!

The sunday buffet was awesome - one of the best I have ever had! Scrumptious and lavish! The hotel's location is the king - right on the beach - 10 steps out and u r on the beach, close to the watersports. Walking street can be walked to, for the famous go go bars. Those looking for 'night action' need only walk to the beach and there would be plenty of opportunities.

All in all a wonderful stay - I am looking forward to returning soon for a longer stay!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Angkana_ning, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2010

Dear Sir,

Rockin! Greetings from the Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya.

Thank you for your recent stay and for having taken time to give us feedback via TripAdvisor.com

I am heartened to hear that you are satisfied with our hotel services & activities, and I have shared your kind words with our team.

I hope we can welcome you back to Pattaya in the not too distant future. For any queries and assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, or my colleagues at reservations, through rooms.pattaya@hardrockhotels.net.

With best regards,

Ben, the Director of Operations.

Reviewed December 9, 2010

I stayed for 2 nights recently in this hotel located in convenient yet quiet location on Beach Road number 2 and Main Beach Road.

Hotel has sea facing rooms with a decent balcony over looking the sea.

Reception lobby is very lively with music keeps playing. Restaurant, bar and coffee shop are very nice.

Rooms and bathrooms are decent sized though not really spacious.

Breakfast is nice like in most 4 or 5 star hotels.

Management is very nice and humble.

Unfortunately hotel has a very basic problem depriving guests of decent sleep with poor airconditioning. Though the airconditioning has option to drop the temperature up to 15 degree but I believe the hotel does not switch on all the available airconditioning units therefore temperature remains quite high and guests can not sleep with those thich quilts/blankets on.

If the problem of airconditioning is taken care of then this could be one of the best choices in Pattaya.

I would not recommend staying in this hotel due to poor quality sleep due to airconditioning.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Good Things

1. Great Mattress/ Bed Quality
2. Decent View
3. AMAZING breakfast (Don't miss this even if you are partying all of previous night) - great selection of Thai food including western stuff - don't miss the noodles in bsoup
4. Probably the best pool in Pattaya + best pool bar - we missed the Foam party but some of my friends who were there said is was better that the rubbish on walking street
5. Access to beach - just across the road - can't spend the entire day chilling
6. Fairly pleasant and helpful staff - the hard rock atmosphere helps - English speaking is a bit of a challenge for some of the staff

Things that can be improved
1. Weird design of the bathroom - the shower has some kind of a tiled bathtub that you need to step in and out of
2. There was no water at the time of check-in in the bathroom - came in around a couple of hours
3. At US$ 160 a room per night (twin sharing inclusive of breakfast) I thought it was slightly overpriced for the quality of room we had
4. Construction work/ renovation was on - the drills were really really loud and heard all across the lift shafts & rooms

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Angkana_ning, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2010

Dear Sir,

Warm greetings from the Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya.

Thank you for your recent stay and for having taken time to give us feedback via tripadvisor.com

I am heartened to hear that you are satisfied with our hotel activities, services and ambience; I proudly shared your kind words with all our management.

Unfortunately, the day of your check-in, the city officials have shut down the water supply due to the breakdown of the main fresh water pipeline, the hotel was in shortage for 2 hours, for that I sincerely apologize.

By the way, we are in process of the hotel total renovation and we are currently working on 2nd floor. The renovation is expected to be completed in 2 years, as we tackle the property area by area. Dear Sir, thank you for your feedback once again and despite the negatives, in which we will endeavour to improve, I hope we can welcome you back to Pattaya in the not too distant future. Marry Christmas and Happy 2011.

Ben,

Director of Operations

Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya.

Reviewed November 21, 2010

Myself and my spouse arrived there one day late for our bookings & any other hotel would have told us to pay again for the day lapsed but not Hard Rock reception when it was explained it happened due to oversight while booking thro internet . They happily accomodated with a smile and made us comfortable . It was really a Welcome Gesture from Hard Rock . For 3 days we were there it was all a homely stay . Vast property , must be the biggest hotel setup in Pattaya on the beach road extending up to main road at the rear end of the city. EXcellent food & beverages - including our Indian food . Breakfast Buffet leaves nothing more to desire. Would love to be there nxt year for a longer stay. God bless the staff of Hard Rock Pattaya.......Chander Dhanda , [-]

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2010

wonderful time at Hard Rock Hotel even I did not enjoy noisy music at swimming pool and breakfast personnel who pick up your food while you are collecting your toasts.Don! lieave your chair !
I enjoyed few steps to the beach and back to huge swimming pool with permanent animation.
GREAT

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Normally, when I visit Thailand for business meetings at Laem Chabang, I stay at Hotels at Pattaya. Till recently, I used to stay at the All Seasons (which has seen better days and completely avoidable these days... I will probably write about this separately). In the last 2 visits (one was only for a few hours), I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel.

The place really rocks!! and is lovely. The rooms with its theme backdrops of singers (mine had a huge poster of Elvis) and the corridors (on all floors), receptions, dining areas with guitars, curios, dresses belonging to different musicians are wonderful. For a rock fan like me, the music on the TV was awesome. T

The rooms are tastefully decorated, comes with a fully stocked bar fridge, a music system, internet TV and a nice bath.

The hotel has 2 entrances - one from the beach and the other one on the opposite road. Has a beautiful spa with steam/sauna/cold pool with a massage (obviously!) center and big outdoor pool.

The breakfast menu is extensive and includes food for vegetarians as well! The evening buffet dinner at the restaurant comes with seafood (and unlimited drinks).

However, this is NOT a hotel for business visitors. There is NO business center and the Hotel really cannot cater to a business meeting. I had a personal emergency and to get a photograph scanned during the night took almost 2-3 hours, with the staff not really knowing what to do.... But the staff, are very helpful, courteous and they did the best that they can...

Overall, the Hard Rock Hotel in Pattaya, rocks!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Angkana_ning, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2010

Dear Sir,

Greetings. Please allow me to introduce myself; my name is Elyes Ben Brahim, Director of Operations at Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya.

The reason for my message is that I have noticed your e-mail at the tripadvisor.com. I would like to thank you for your kind words and we are happy to know that you have spent a great time at the Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya. I noticed your feedback regarding the business center services, we have conducted since, an urgent training to all our night shift front office band members; we will make sure that in the future, this will not happen again.

by the way the business center services at the Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya meet the needs of busy business guests and ensures secretarial services and business support , from computers, printers and scanners to high-speed Internet access, Complimentary wireless internet connection, photocopying, printing and faxing facilities. In addition, many other business services are offered, which generally include a 24-hour concierge service, airline reservations, Internet access in guest accommodations, complimentary newspaper and direct-dial multi-line telephones & Meeting rooms up to 350 seats with dedicated meeting organizers. Dear Sir, thank you for your feedback once again and despite the negatives, in which we will endeavour to improve, I hope we can welcome you back to Pattaya in the not too distant future. Best Regards, Ben