“Great Stay but beware the tour groups”

Ranked #17 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Bangkok
“Great Stay but beware the tour groups”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We (family of 4) have been going to Hard Rock on and off for about 6-7 years now. It is a great place for families. Lots of activities for kids including dance, water aerobics, water volleyball, water polo, painting etc. Huge pool and a games room which has x-box, Wi-fitness, pool table and ping pong. If you want to go somewhere in Pattaya for a few days and avoid the sleaze then this is place. The F&B is good and affordable. They have kids menu as well. The only downside that I notced just this last weekend is the huge number of tor groups they seem to have there. I haven't been for a few years and now the place seemed overrun with Korean and HK tour groups. Really noisy and many seem to be able to shout, eat and smoke at the same time. Actually the smoking issue is really something that management should take a look at because of the tour groups. They smoke pretty much everywhere in the outdoor areas where there are usually lots of children. I think mgt. should designate some non-smoking areas adjacent to the pool and in some of the outdoor eating areas. We stayed on the club floor which was OK because the downstairs breakfast area is like feed time at the zoo in the mornings. Again, lots of tour groups all shouting across the retaurant at each other. It is a scourge. Otherwise the hotel is good. The staff in particular are brilliant. Sophia, Sax, Quest, Arm, Anne and all of the staff work really hard to make all the guests feel welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HardRock_Pattaya, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear OnandelBangkok,
Thank you so much for your repeat visits and I am happy to hear that you had a great time. In particular, thank you for highlighting colleagues like Sophia, Sax, Quest, Arm and Anne. I will share your feedback with them for sure.
I am reading carefully what you are saying about the Tour groups, that we and all hotels in town have periodically and seasonally. Now, different nationalities do have different ways of behavior, and this is down to the different cultures and societies. Your point I think relates to the management of these larger groups, and I will review this with my colleagues to ensure there is minimal inconvenience to other residents.
As regards smoking areas, I’m happy to inform you that for about a week now, we have trialed non-smoking areas in the pool-deck as well as the outdoor spaces of the restaurants, and we’ll see how we can improve on this in the months to come.
Thanks again for your feedback, and look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Hard Rock Pattaya !
Warmest regards,

Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kalix, Sweden
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We (I and my son,10) love to stay at this hotel. He always gets many friends at the fantastic pool (and there are many activities) and the staff is great. It’s never getting boring here – like Hilton / Holiday Inn / Amari.
As usual: nice, clean deluxe room with sea view. Good service. Nice breakfast buffet in the morning. It’s enough to eat, but I want more brunch style: for example more fish/pork/beef. The fruit selection was bigger now in June than In December. Yes, some improvements since last time! Nice people working here! Really nice!
The Kings club is also great! With snacks and drinks.
The managers are fantastic!
It’s easy to say that Hard Rock hotel is our true home in Pattaya. And of course we will come back!

Room Tip: Room with no connecting doors = more quite
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear MaxLikesToTravel,
Thank you so much for your great review and continued visits over the last few years; we really appreciate it and I have really enjoyed your comparison of Hard Rock with other hotels in town !
I have noted your comment on the ‘brunchier’ style of food items for breakfast and will discuss this with my colleagues.
Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you and your son back soon.
Warmest regards,

Nr Loughborough
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days on business. I was located on 8th floor which meant that I had the use of the Executive Lounge facilities on level 9. This gave me my own check in and reception, with the use of a separate breakfast room. There was also a lounge with complimentary drinks and snacks with up to 4 items of laundry included in the room rate.

The room was modern and clean. I did have a problem with no water from the hot taps one morning and then when it came through it was a very dirty brown colour. Also there was a problem with my shower. However having reported this I was then inundated with people wanting to make sure I was OK and everything was sorted – so much so that it was difficult to get ready later that afternoon. The hairdryer in the room was good and there was a good supply of teas, coffee & bottled water daily. Robe & slippers were provided. I had a small balcony with sea views.

I had breakfast in the main buffet dining room rather than the Club lounge which had the normal selections you would expect at this level of hotel.

The hotel is exactly what you would expect of something carrying the Hard Rock brand. Energetic, lively, good music, young and interesting music memorabilia surrounds you.
Pattaya is very busy and Hard Rock is centrally located near all the activity. I have never seen so many water sports and sun loungers in one place as there was on the beach just across the road from the hotel.

The thing that made the hotel stand out to me was the helpfulness and politeness of the staff – always with a smile.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cazanchris
Dear cazanchris ,
Thank you so much for your nice feedback, and I am happy that you had a pleasant stay with us in your recent business trip to Chonburi.
Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do prior to your next visit.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The slogan " Loved All Served all..." Is truly suitable for this amazing hotel. We decided to spend another 2 years in Pattaya and " Hard rock hotel Pattaya is our second home!!" We just cannot resist that this rockers hotel had amazing energy to fill up your holiday...we confirmed!
Of all the places and hotel we had been experience " This rocker hotel had the most regular guest we have ever seen!!"
For 7 years on and off .. and 3 yrs regulary visited. We met other regulars hotel guest each year.
The unexpected reunion for the activities at the pool area with the "Rock Agent team" is always fill up our in and out strength. They are the coolest team !!!
Beside that.. the hospitality ..the food and drinks and never forget the sincerely service is awesome !!! What more....
Let's rock again ... " YOU ROCK!!....

Room Tip: Request upon check in...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank alisapanprasom
Vadodara, India
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed here when I took a short break with some college buddies earlier this month. The hotel is amazing - well located, clean, good service, good music, loads of activities if you decide to go with kids too. Dont miss their Foam party ... its a must do ... :)

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a clean view of the sea rather an angular view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rajat_BVS
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Came back and stay in this rockin' so call home. Staffs recognized me and was thrilled to be treated as a star. Paid extra to get the room with Sea view which is great! Cool and chick Hotel... I like it! Staffs are always friendly and obliging.

Seem like this Hotel always on the go to improve further. Cafe floor is under renovation for now, heard from staffs that would be ready by early August. The dining area and live band performance is located on the Mezz (just upstair of the cafe floor), great move with fantastic view of the sea.

Take the tuk tuk only THB 10, and venture at night to Walking Street which is just about 10 minutes down the beach road from this Hotel. Again, had a wonderful time!

Room Tip: Pay extra to get the Sea view room instead. Worth it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2013

One of our friend recomended us here, it a great place to stay.The resort have its own pravite beach which was amazing for us , we didnt have to go to the main beach which over crowded.The rooms were very clean n all the staff was very helpful and spoke very good english.At breakfast the variety was very much.The hotel itself was in the center of everything.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family