“Rolling and rocking in this Hotel!”

Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya
Ranked #19 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Bangkok, Thailand
“Rolling and rocking in this Hotel!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Hotel just renovated, location is perfect and smacked in the city center, walking distance to anywhere, the pool is huge and amazing with lots of fun-filled activities by their staffs. All in all, there is no other Hotel like this vibe in Pattaya.

Room Tip: Pay extra and stayed in their Club floor... great view and the service is tip top...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jun P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The service here was so good and the staff so friendly and so helpful. I enjoyed being at this place with my wife and I recommend it in pattaya i will defiantly come again

Room Tip: Ask the staff anything as they are so helpful
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vespa M
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Had a ball at Hard Rock. Started the mid morning in the pool with aqua aerobics and cocktails…. huge fun !!! Rooms were very small but clean, tidy and funky. Breakfast in the Captains Club was awesome and private unless you like wholesale buffet?? Not us !!
Plenty of opportunity to go to Crab Island or any other island to do water sports etc…but we prefer to shop and sit by the pool.
One night to a lovely seafood cafe where we picked our fair and had it cooked for us and it was very inexpensive in AUS $.

Room Tip: Stay out of Pattaya if you want a lovely Thai holiday. It is basically a Sex Town for desperates. Th...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lulubelle61
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Having stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casinos in Macau, Singapore and Florida (Seminole) expectations were high for this hotel. Unfortunately it's not a great Hard Rock Hotel. It just doesn't have a great HRC vibe to the place despite all the standard ticks - music memorabilia and more branding than is probably necessary. The thing is it kinda feels like it's not terribly authentic - kinda slapped across a standard beach resort... perhaps this is what has happened. Strangely - the entertainment club is right next door and you get the feel it's run as a separate enterprise from the hotel and with lots of street traffic walking in perhaps this is the case as well.

In any case - the hotel is extremely well positioned within Pattaya, the staff are happy and accommodating and most importantly for those travelling on their own dime - it is extremely good value for money. Enjoy and rock on!

Room Tip: as high a floor as possible, away from the lift lobby, and of course a beach view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank ThrillingMe
HardRock_Pattaya, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Dear ThrillingMe,

Thank you for having stayed with us and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. But judging by the pictures you posted, it would seem that you stayed quite a long time ago, before our renovation was completed in December 2011. In fact, we stopped selling the last of the old rooms from September 2011 as we embarked on our last 2 floors. As such, the feel you mentioned of the old property is not in keeping with the newer Hard Rocks, Macau and Singapore, both which opened in the last 2 years. Please do feel free to look at the new photos right here on Tripadvisor, as well as our own website. Of course, it would be much better if you were back here to experience for yourself, and for that, please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks again and look forward to welcoming you back to our renovated property.

Jorge
Jorge C Smith
filafella
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I recently spent 10 days at the Hard Rock Pattaya and enjoyed my stay there. The hotel is nice, clean, and has an awesome pool. I had a group of about 25 people and the hotel staff had no problem getting us checked in quickly and without issue. Here are some of the things I liked about the hotel:

The rooms are very nice. I guess the place had been recently renovated, and I must say they did a great job. The bathrooms were very stlyish and had an awesome and huge shower.
The hotel restaurants facilities were nice and offered enough variety to suit most people's tastes. Each morning a breakfast buffet is provided and had sufficient variety that I was not bored with it by the tenth day. There is also of course a Hard Rock Cafe attached to the place, but I rarely ate there. My friends and I actually spent most of our lunches at the outdoor cafe downstairs by the pool area. Their pizzas were very very good. Drinks by the pool can get pretty pricey, so we often just raided our minibars since they were significantly cheaper. BTW, a 4 pack of Sing Has only cost 128 baht across the street at the Family Mart.
The hotel had a sufficient amount of entertainment as well. The staff there would organize pool volleyball and pool basketball games which were a lot of fun. Be warned though, if you beat them they won't actually buy you drinks even though that's what they wagered. But it was fun nonetheless. On Fridays the hotel throws a foam party. The one I went to was a lot of fun, but I think that had much to do with the tons of Russian girls that were staying in the hotel. Either way it's worth checking out. Just don't go until about 11pm when the party really gets started.
The guest here tended to be younger and more fun people to be around. This was a favorite hotel for families. In contrast the guests at the Marriott tended to be more older fat guys and their Thai girlfriends/boyfrieds, and fewer people in the 20-35 age.

Things I did not like about the hotel:
The location of the Hotel is fair. It was quite a walk down to walking street, but still very easy and cheap if you simply took a baht bus. Otherwise you can walk through a gauntlet of vendors and bar girls trying to get you to buy stuff or visit their bars. On one instance we literally had girls jumping on our backs trying to get us into the bar. The place is real close to soi 6, though, if you don't feel like heading to Walking St. The shopping near the hotel was pretty decent, but know that the prices are generally better at the stores away from the beach area. My favorite was the location of the night bazaar (which was also open during the day). They seemed to start out with better prices and were more willing to haggle there.
The internet was very difficult for us, and was not what I would expect at a hotel of this quality. Firstly, you're only issued one code for the internet. This means you can only have one device at a time on the internet. Not a terrible thing, but still annoying. Add to this with the fact that the internet was down about 20% of the time during my stay. It seemed that just when it was most critical for me to get onto the internet it was down. The staff blamed it on Pattaya's internet being unreliable, but I stayed a few days at the Marriott and had no such issues.

All in all I would stay at the Hard Rock again if need be, but would prefer the Marriott if I had the option.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony you must request it at check out. The rooms facing the water generally don'...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank filafella
Simferopol
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Been here 3 years ago, very pleasant. We had a soap party,and there was a bus of people fom other hotels who paid 30$ to get in to our pool for this party! For us it was free of course. Cool room design!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed in the Hard Rock Pattaya for two nights in mid May. i was part of a large group of people attending an event and staying at the hotel that weekend. Check in was swift and problem free. The room was ideal for my needs. Plenty of room, a well stocked bathroom comfortable bed.

I attended a function in the hotel on the Saturday night. It was a buffet catering for approximately 500 people. The food was excellent and there was plenty of variety to suit all palettes. Service was excellent with plates being cleared rapidly and empty glasses being refilled promptly.

There were no surprises on checkout. The bill came to exactly what I expected. No nasty surprises or additions.

The only slight gripe I would have would be the lack of free wireless. It did not bother me the weekend I was there but if I had been on business I would have been a little miffed at having to pay 1500THB extra.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends