“Peaceful and relaxing- great location+amenities!”

Dusit Thani Pattaya
Ranked #20 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed July 29, 2009

My final week in Thailand was spent in Pattaya staying at the Dusit. Very impressed with this hotel, especially with the indoor waterfall which added to the calming, peaceful atmosphere (and unfortunately also added to my mosquito bites)
The food was all very rich and filling and there is a fabulous selection of places to eat within the hotel. My room was spacious and had every thing I could need - including plenty of drinking water. Wireless internet in my room was at an added cost but meant I could remain in contact with family and friends at home.
There are two pools with pool-side service and a bar at the pool - very handy when you decide to just kick back and relax - you don't have to move! I didn't get a chance to use the spa as I spent most of my time diving but it looked beautiful and smelled amazing!
Overall, the staff were all very polite and helpful, the building was beautifully maintained and the rooms were clean and well presented. They have their own private beach which is a blessing - no harrassment from the locals to pay to use the deck chairs and a lot fewer people.
It was quite expensive but well worth the money for the standard, quality and service.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank VeryBerry21
There are newer reviews for Dusit Thani Pattaya

Reviewed July 21, 2009

We decided to stay at the Dusit Hotel after staying there in 2007. Once again it did not fail to please us. From the moment the taxi draws up to the entrance you are pampered. The doors of the cab are opened and your luggage is whipped away only to arrive in your room a few minutes after you. You are seated at the desk with a cold drink and checked in quickly. We stayed in a superior seafacing room which was very big with toiletries being put in the room everyday. Tea and coffee were provided. The only moan I have with the room was the pillow on the bed. Although these were very nice I found, because we have firm pillows at home, that they were too soft. We had to use the cushions to make our sleep more comfortable. The breakfast is well worth having and was very extensive catering for many nationalities. I do miss not sitting outside though. The last time we visited they were renovating the hotel and the breakfast was served at the Bay restaurant and you could sit out on the terrace, this we enjoyed but it was still a nice eating place inside. The pool area is spotless and the pool guys are so helpful putting down your towels and putting up the sunshades for you. Also the free water that was supplied round the pool and in the room. The Saturday BBQ is well worth the money which we enjoyed on our first night after a tiring journey from the UK. All in all the hotel is a really good place to stay, it is close to the hubhub of Pattaya but far enough so your days were not distrubed. We ate at Mantra and Manhattan twice which are really worth a visit. the food is excellent. We also used Toscana Italian restaurant, on the Beach Road, which is also excellent. The Sportsbar in Pattaya was also very good. If you want a relaxing place to stay this is the place. We will definately return. the staff are so kind and in two weeks I hardly ever opened a door or called a lift. Thanks to the staff at the Dusit for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lindaCambridge
Reviewed June 11, 2009

I have stayed multiple time at Dusit in Pattaya while on business travel.

I will always have good memories of the place. All the rooms I have stayed have been nice and clean. They were also pretty big in size. If you get to stay in the club level, the views are fantastic and so is the special breakfast available on the club restautant..

Bathrooms are very well maintained and are very clean. The pool as good as possible always with a nice blue look.

The hotel is located at a very big junction with the market place being at walking distance and the public beach also not far away.

The staff are very polite and helpful (typical of Thailand)

Breakfast buffet spread is one of the best I have seen and always look forward to their buffet.

They have a range of restaurants, but I generally tend to pass them as I eat at different places every night.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed June 10, 2009

The Hotel is fab. could not ask for a better 5 star. The rooms was good size. Staff was very friendly and could not do enough..Pattaya itself was very lively and a bit seedy, great if you're looking for a bit of fun if you're a single guy, not really for familys. great food

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2009

We have visited the Dusit Thani for the last 8 years after trying higher and lower class hotels in Pattaya .With the buzz of the street life it is a pleasure to return to the elegance and respectful hotel like the Dusit Thani where we are always greeted with the words welcome home.The staff are always cheerfull and nothing seems to be too much trouble ,even though it was noted that the amount of staff seems to have been cut back.
we are due to return in September when we will be assured of our usual welcome i only wish that i was capable of telling you that the Thai people are not as they are portrayed in the Media as rampaging hooligans as we are used to in the West look at our Towns on a Friday Night. But a people that show respect for all ages .By returning To the Dusit Thani i know that i shall see the best of the thai good manners from the security staff through all levels to the managers not forgetting the great ground staff,I can only say that i would recomend the Dusit to any one even though i would like to keep it only for myself and my wife.I look forward to returning to my Thai Family at the Dusit Thani on Sept 5th 2009 Mr David Burnage

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Dusit Thani and found it to be a great resort style hotel in a good location. The staff were fantastic - especially when I lost my wallet (they were out in the grounds at 12am with torches to see if I'd lost it there!), the rooms were lovely (I am not sure about people who complain about the carpets on this forum - there was nothing wrong with ours!) and the service was good. The pools are fantastic (didn't go near the beach - quite frankly the thought of swimming in the Gulf of Thailand did nothing for me). I would point out that it is expensive to eat and drink there - as it is with all resorts like this and it probably isn’t what I would rate as a 5 start (having stayed at the Royal Orchid Sheraton in Bangkok which is a true 5 star) - but I would rate as a very good 4 star. We had a garden view room and I would recommend booking one of them - it's peaceful (I wouldn't have liked a room overlooking the street - I think it would be rather noisy).

You are only a short walk from the hustle and bustle of the markets, shops, Walking Street (you have to experience this - it isn't offensive, more funny than anything!). You are far enough away from the noise but close enough to stroll along the beach road. Jump on a baht bus to get you to Walking street (buzz when you want to get off and pay at the end of the trip - 10 or 20 baht depending on how far you go - we paid 20 to get from Dusit to Walking Street).

The staff at the Pool Bar are fabulous - you couldn't ask for friendlier people. The Saturday night BBQ is great value (from memory about $60 each + drinks) - the selection of food is like nothing you have ever seen (Indian, Thai, Russian, Western, Japanese - the list goes on - the seafood cooked there and then is very nice) and the staff are very attentive. We sat on the balcony outside but they also close off the pool area and set up tables there - which would have been nice as well.

We had breakfasts included but to be honest it isn't one of the better breakfasts - you can get cheaper and better quality outside (isn't that the same everywhere!).

Yes, there are men who quite obviously have met up with some of the local women for their stay so there are a few around the pool – but honestly, it is not “in your face” and after a day or so I didn’t really notice. Apparently the management used to be quite firm about not allowing local women there with male guests – but I suppose they can’t police everything.

In all - lovely place - great staff - would stay there again without any hesitation and recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank allym72
Reviewed May 27, 2009

good hotel especially if you take balcony room .great view of sea .has its own private beach .staff is very cooperative.i my friends enjoyed this property.i would advice you stay here ,we had a great view from our room

Stayed: May 2009