“14th time”

Ranked #20 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Manchester, United Kingdom
“14th time”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

our 14th visit to the dusit thani lovely hotel. Rooms are beening done up over the last few years always refurbishment going on but does not interfer with holiday. The pool guys are great same sunbeds every day of your holiday do not like their new uniforms they look hot and sweaty. The maids who clean the rooms do a good job only thing our room was not hoovered in 14 days which it is no wonder carpets get worn and dirty so quick. Breakfast fantastic couldn't ask for anything more great choice. lovely location the best in pattaya. Love the seaview rooms over loooking pattaya bay just love to sit and watch patttaya come to life. the turn down service good if want ice just ask and they will bring it every night. lovely hotel,lovely staff.

Room Tip: over looking pattaya bay also they get sun in afternoon
1 Thank kerry t
neoh_boon, Resident Manager at Dusit Thani Pattaya, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Kerry,

Thank you very much for your continuous support and kind feedback, and I'm glad that you have again enjoyed your recent stay with us. All feedback will be reviewed for improvement in our continuous effort to meet guest's expectation and create a memorable stay for all. It also gives me great pleasure to share your compliments with our team, who will feel extremely proud to see their efforts are being recognized. Looking forward to welcome you back again next year.

Have a wonderful Christmas

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Five days in Bangkok gave me ample time to confirm that, post the awful flooding, things were back to normal and the Thais were smiling once more. It was time to move on.

I'd decided to tour the popular tourist city of Pattaya and its surrounding areas and so, with consummate ease and an outlay of only £20, hired a taxi for the 95 mile journey. Allowing for the usual traffic jams around the area of the international airport, the trip took a little under two hours – but so what? All I had to do was look out of the windows, admire the scenery and let the driver do all the work.

There are some 321 registered hotels in Pattaya, which meant choosing the right one for what I had in mind, needed careful research. I chose the Dusit Thani, located at the northern end of the very well-used coastal road (named Pattaya Beach Road) which fronts what could be called...'The Action'.

My advice to those planning to stay in Pattaya, is to list their priorities well in advance of booking and select the hotel which best seems to accommodate them (or most of them?).

Many of the major hotel chains have built 'ribbon fashion' along the beach road in recent years, names like Amari – Holiday Inn – Hilton – Montien and Marriott, flash their signs boldly in an effort to entice custom from competitors.

When there is a plethora of hotels sporting the same number of 'Stars', it can be quite a difficult task in choosing between them. So, my priorities prompted me to opt for the Dusit Thani.

Whilst all of those hotels I've listed above have impeccable standards of comfort and service, most - because of very precious land availability – are 'tower-like' structures which, by necessity, maximise every square inch for room numbers and thus revenues. Public spaces are very much limited in size, as are the grounds, gardens and pool areas. Such is very understandable but should be a factor when making a choice.

The Dusit Thani Hotel was built almost three decades ago. Its style is very different to its more 'modern' contemporaries. Storeys are limited to a mere eight. However, it can still boast 457 rooms in three wings but a guest would never know that there could be a further 1000 somewhere in the acreage. This is where the hotel really differs...space...lots of it.

Not only are the public areas vast, they are welcoming, functional and a pleasure to be in. The biggest surprise to arriving guests has to be the atrium...a fantastic panorama some 100 feet high, located at the rear of the massive and imposing lobby. It's a literal jungle of orchids, bromeliads, palms, pools...all dwarfed by a stunning waterfall. The entire area is capped with a series of glass panels, which allow the suns rays to 'highlight' different areas as it traverses the sky. What a feature!

Outside areas are no less attractive and BIG! Two large swimming pools (one salt water) are sited at different levels and angles, meaning that guests can 'follow' the sun at their leisure. The quality of the pool furniture, is probably the best I have ever experienced. Staff flit around at regular intervals, dispensing iced water and enticing cocktails. That went down extremely well with every guest...I watched and listened very carefully.

There are numerous 'viewing points' around the grounds where guests can gaze out to sea, watch the comings and goings of the many types of boats and Jet skis, follow the arial paths of the intrepid individuals parasailing across the waves, or just contemplate whatever is on their minds.

The car park is huge and more than sufficient to cater for both staff, guests and casual visitors and bordered with immaculately manicured gardens and low hedges.

Saturday nights are really special, as, on one of the pool terraces, the international buffet is held...and what a buffet! I gave it a try. The hors d'oeuvres were every bit as sought after as the main courses, all of which I might add, were authentically reproduced, country by country (even the roast beef and Yorkshire 'pud' was as good as I've ever tasted). Could that have something to do with the fact that the head chef hailed from Dublin? Anyway, with a live four-piece band tucked away in one corner emitting mood music to suit the many nationalities, the entire evening was a smash hit.

The rooms followed the same pattern of size. Big, comfy and with an air of well-being. Every expected amenity was to hand and the quality more than acceptable. The balconies were typical of the hotel's age, large enough for two folk to sprawl without knocking knees (or gin and tonics off the table?)

The Dusit Club, managed here by a delightful Filipino lady by the name of Imee, was in evidence, as it is world wide. Members (and those granted temporary access) could relax in comfort, partake of evening 'happy hours', where food and drink of all kinds were complimentary. Here too, was a bank of computers freely available for business use or pleasure.

Taking a few steps up a winding staircase brought me to the members breakfast room, where, in serene surroundings overlooking the sea, one could 'tick' boxes on a card whilst sipping a fruit juice, hand it to one of the attentive staff, where it was whisked away and replaced minutes later with the dishes selected - cooked to perfection. In the evenings, the room morphed into a Chinese restaurant, which was always full of satisfied diners.

What really made my stay at this hotel, was the staff. None I witnessed were merely 'going through the motions', all wanted to help and please and was much appreciated by every guest. The little sometimes irksome things were soon identified and nipped in the bud. Nothing was too much trouble – and it showed!

I came across most of the senior management during my 11 night stay, all of whom were willing to spend time with me and answer my oft 'tricky?' questions. There was certainly a mood throughout, that the guest came first - and last - and that any snippet of a constructive suggestion was more than welcome.

Pattaya's Dusit Thani is a happy ship, one that rides the waves of problems by accepting their presence as and when they occur...and then calms everything back to an even keel with grace.

My score for this hotel is...well...

…what I have written above should help readers to guess

Room Tip: Sea view rooms have the advantage
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Cumbrian25
neoh_boon, Resident Manager at Dusit Thani Pattaya, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Cumbrian,

On behalf of a very grateful team, thank you very much for choosing to stay at Dusit Thani on your recent trip to Pattaya, and for taking the time to leave a kind review of your stay on our page.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our resort but I am especially pleased to know that you enjoyed our resort location, the facilities and the services from our hardworking team. I shall be sharing your kind comments at our next meeting which I am sure will be very gratefully received.
Thank you again for your kind review, we sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of being able to welcome you back again to Dusit Thani Pattaya at some point in the not too distant future.

Wishing you a wonderful festive season

With kind regards

Warm Regards,
birmingham
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I recently stayed at the Dusit Thani for what was my 9th or 10th time,They are currently doing some renovation work to the hotel which did not spoil our stay,Some parts of the hotel have already been improved such as the bar,My standard seaview room was comfortable and clean with a great view over the bay,The bathrooms could do with a make over as the are now a little bit dated in design,All the staff are friendly as always,The Dusit's location is excellent,I hope to return next year

Room Tip: Book a seaview room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
neoh_boon, Resident Manager at Dusit Thani Pattaya, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Brummiegary,

Thank you so much for your continuous support & kind feedback of which we appreciate greatly. It is absolutely great to know that we have created memorable hotel experiences
and you have again enjoyed your stay with us.
Together with the Team I look forward to welcome you back again to your "second home" next year.

Scotland
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was our 3rd time at the Dusit, and it was just as good as the 1st time. The hotel and staff are excellent, the views from the hotel are fantastic, and so much to choose at breakfast. they have returning guests every year(which says alot) and I am sure me and my husband will be back in March for the 4th time.

Dear Bella,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for the continuous support. I am very happy to note that you had enjoyed your stay with us and will shared your kind comments with the team. Your words of appreciation mean a lot to us and it is always a delight to know that we have exceeded our guests’ expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to next March and our sincere thanks once again for sharing your experience with us.

Wuxi, China
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Excellent service make us so confortable, quiet & big rooms, with fantastic sea view, Swimming pools...etc, breakfast always excellent...I like fresh coffee.... & around the hotel you can find everything that you need...such as shops, Massage, SPA, all kinds of food, bars, almost everything...so convenient, really the best choice to stay in Pattaya, will stay again next time.

Dear Hengyu,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Dusit Thani Pattaya. We are extremely grateful to you for taking the time to leave the kind review of your stay on our page. We are absolutely delighted that you are happy with the quality of service of the team and our various other facilities, but are especially pleased to read that we are the best choice in Pattaya. I will definitely share your compliments with the team.
On behalf of all at the resort, thank you again for your review and we sincerely look forward to welcome you back soon.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

hotel is lovely. perfect on the beach, food lovely.. staff so friendly, all in all best hotel in pattaya.just moments from night life but far enough for peace and quiet. the room staff were lovely they are so timid but great people, they take great care in making your holiday the best ever...strongly reccomend

Room Tip: sea room defo.....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mason123462
neoh_boon, Resident Manager at Dusit Thani Pattaya, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Mason,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and feedback, we appreciate it very much.
It is absolutely great to know that we have created memorable hotel experiences and cannot thank you enough for your recommendation.
With the Team I look forward to welcome you back soon.

With kind regards

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here while attending a convention and actually chose the Dusit because the convention was held here.
As soon as you approach the hotel grounds, you get a glimpse of what to expect. Hotel is in lovely grounds with a beautiful bright lobby with overlooking a little garden atrium. Check in is done personally at a welcome desk and a welcome drink is offered. Rooms are nicely done with private balcony but extraordinary.
What is extraordinary is the service. Everywhere you go staff greet you with a smile and a welcome. Ice cold water and fruit at the poolside is also a nice touch. Room service was delicious, timely and served with a smile.
My friend had a massage in the spa and highly recommended it.
Only thing that needs improving I would say is breakfast. There do not seem to be enough waiters and staff to cope with demandl. Had to wait for waiter to
clear tables and get a seat, and once you got a seat, had to get same waiters attention to get coffee or tea.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your valuable feedback and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will gladly share your compliments with all our associates, who will definitely feel extremely proud to see their efforts are being recognized. I have further noted your other comments on breakfast, which will be reviewed for improvement so as to consistently meet the expectations of our valued guests. Looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future.