AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa
Lek Hotel(Pattaya)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
1,658 results
All reviewsgarden cafestayed at the marriottterrace suiteelephant barwalking streetroyal garden plazabeach roadshopping mallswim up barthe club loungeswimming poolgreat poolbreakfast buffetcentral locationsea viewnight lifekat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The hotel is excellent. The resort let it down. Open sewers in the street and appauling toilets in the bars . Not a place for a middleaged couple as we are. Only suitable for old men looking for young girls . Traffic terrible had to get in a tuk-tuk to cross the street.
If I could pick the hotel up and move it to the Costa del Sol I'd use it every year but sadly I can't and I won''t be going back to Pattaya.
My advice to anyone thin king of going to Pattaya is don't.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.....the hotel has great location and ambience!
I would praise the service levels which are out standing and The hotel offers a relaxing and helpful environment where friendiness is offered in abundance.The rooms are excellent spacious and the interior is well done......so i would give this hotel 4.5 out of 5.
Pls do stay here and enjoy your trip !

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I stayed here for 2 weeks when I first moved to thailand and well I just want to say that this was a world of difference we at originally booked to stay at the sunbeam hotel threw the tourist information centre in Bangkok and well the sun beam is a joke i got bed bugs after fist night i had prepaid for 2 weeks and just packed my stuff and left. I told the laidy i am staying at the hotel intercontinental Bangkok put me somewhere similar in Pattaya and the sun beam was far from it.

The marriott was perfect in every way from the pool to the rooms i give two thumbs up. The pool has to be on of the finest pools i have had the pleasure to swim in (next to Atlantis in the Bahamas) service was really good every one was kind and friendly always met with warm smiles would go back

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joe_petr
Reviewed April 9, 2010

hotel is located on the beach with jet ski spped boat all around just enjoy and stay in this hotels

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2010

The first time I stayed at this hotel was over 12 years ago, before it was bought by Marriott. At the time, it was a great 3-star'sh hotel bordering on the 4-star threshold. The prices were extremely reasonable, and the location just could not be beat. Imagine my pleasant surprise this time around when I see one of my favorite hotel brands had bought my favorite hotel in Pattaya.

A few things - Yes, this hotel is old. The rooms could do with a bit of refurbishing, but there is absolutely nothing that I've seen that would make Marriott ashamed to put it's name on the door. We're talking small things, like a new style of bathtub or perhaps some new wallpaper. What they have is perfectly fine, but it's dated.

The staff - These folks are incredible. It's Thailand, so you'll always get a smile, but the level of service was truly above even the high expectations I usually have from one of Marriott's upper level hotels. I have my small quirks like most travelers, and they handled those admirably.

The facilities - This place is an oasis of peace in the middle of a crazy city. From the two Macaw parrots running around the Oasis-Style courtyard, to the winding paths between buildings, it amazes me that they managed to fit all of this in such a prime location.

The location itself - I haven't found better in Pattaya. It's connected to one of the larger malls. Walk out of the hotel and directly into the mall. It also connects with Central Soi (Beach Road) which puts you directly into the nightlife of Pattaya. Walking Street is only a five minute walk away, but at the end of your evening it's a welcome respite. You may as well be a hundred miles away.

Price - You can find cheaper places to stay, but nowhere that has the same level of class and location. If you want to be close to South Pattaya, this is probably the place for you. If you don't mind taking a taxi, then there are some alternatives to the north. For my own stay, I spent a week there, used the heck out of the facilities (laundry, room service, bars, spas, etc) and my bill came to less than a two night stay in South Beach Miami. Can't beat that. As with every hotel in Thailand - Don't make the reservations online unless you're comfortable paying those prices. Instead, walk in, ask to the see the rooms, ask about deals and rebates, and then start haggling with the front desk. Up to 50% discounts on rooms, free wi-fi, discounted laundry, etc can all be yours if you take the time to haggle. It'll be good practice for the rest of your shopping. :P

All in all, a great trip and I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends