I booked a trip to Pattaya a month ago, not knowing what to expect. I assumed staying at the Marriot would be fail-safe as it is a corporate hotel chain with set standards. Upon arrival, there were 2 bellman at our disposal, assisting me and my friend with luggage. At the check-in desk, we were greeted with friendly guest service agents, and was given some kind of juice (it was extremely good!) with wet towels. We were then escorted to our rooms by one of the guest agents, and given a mini rundown of the services the hotel offers.
We were initially checked in to a twin room, while we requested a double. After notifying the guest agent, they immediately switched us to another room down the hall. The rooms look like they have been worn out, and could use a little bit of renovation. The rooms have no wifi, unless you're willing to pay a fee (imo, wifi should be included in the room rate). The lobby has free wifi, but does not have air conditioning. Our room had absolutely no view of anything; if we looked outside, there were nothing but trees. The breakfast is excellent though, with a wide selection to choose from.
The beach is a convenient 3 minute walk outside the hotel, but the water is extremely dirty. At night, one can see cockroaches and mice roaming just beside the waters.
Overall, the hotel is average, and is in need of a renovation. However, because of the superb staff, I rated this hotel 4 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in style, at AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa. Located in the heart of the city, there's so much to see and do - and you'll love the view. For work or play, we'll make your day, with endless options to adventure or unwind. Gather your team in contemporary, airy meeting rooms with state of the art facilities, or bring the family to experience the simple pleasures of fun by the sea. We'll keep everyone interested, with AVANIKIDS for the little ones. Take in a game of golf with friends. Share fun with the family at a nearby waterpark. Taste a world of flavours in our selection of the finest restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Pattaya Hotel Pattaya
- Marriott Pattaya Resort And Spa
- Pattaya Marriott