Lowest prices for your stay
$122
Trip.com$120
Priceline$141
Hotels.com$122
1,188 results
All reviews radius restaurant dara deluxe sea view corner room private beach pool bar hotel is beautiful the club lounge north pattaya deluxe room walking street pools bathtub midnight
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2013

On arriving, I was quite impressed by the view of the pool and the ocean from the lobby area. On checking into our room, I was even more impressed by the view! This hotel has a magnificent view of Pattaya. You can wake up in the morning from your bed and its amazing to see the view!
On the downside, the hotel was not yet finished (we were there just after Christmas) and there were some construction noises when we were relaxing at the beach. It should be good when it's finished though.
I really enjoyed my stay here. The beach is a bit pebbley but we swim with our Teva sandals on. After a beach swim, you can easily deep into the lower pool (yup, there are 2 pools!). Although it is a bit further from town, there is a 'buggy' service that takes you to and from the edge of town.
I only stayed here 2 nights but wish I could have stayed here longer!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank rafcool
Partenza, General Manager at Cape Dara Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your compliments and thank you staying at Cape Dara Resort during your holiday. It was a pleasure to fulfilling your holiday and hopefully we will have a chance to welcome you back at our resort again in the near future :)

Warm regards,
Cape Dara Resort team.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Like many others have said - hotel is new, modern and trendy; unbeatable seaview with quiet beach (not good for swimming); location is great, a bit of a walk from the main street back to the hotel, I drove so I'm not exactly sure if the hotel offered shuttle service to any attraction points, but I did see they offered buggy service and a hotel van taking guests in and out of the hotel. Our room was big (I stayed at the Deluxe Corner) with a nice balcony.

On the other hand, "lots of room for improvement" - I noticed the hotel management been saying the hotel is in "soft launch" stage to explain the downside of the hotel, but I hope this will not become an “official” excuse for the hotel.

Check-in

We arrived on the New Year’s day to check-in and could imagine the hotel would have been fully booked the night before, so we arrived at around 130pm in purpose and hoping no need to wait for out room. But, still, we had to wait for more than an hour until our room was ready, yes, we were told the normal check-in is 2pm, so we just had to wait. But then, we had to wait for another 20+ mins for our luggage to deliever to our room because the lady at the reception was just simply forgot to ask the bellman to send our bags up, even though I reminded her before we gone up to our room. Besides, we were not offered the welcome drinks and towel when we were waiting for our room as well. :(

Room

Big but very “empty”, too plain, no decorations, no painting, no flowers, no welcome fruits, nothing. Yes, the ocean view with looking at the busy Pattaya city already is a beautiful picture, but some flowers or fruits could make a big difference, just very dull.

Breakfast

The servers at the breakfast restaurant were great! Serve with big smile! Great food selection with great view! I like the pancake machine!

Pool

Two pools, the main one was ok, the small pool next to the beach offered no service, no beach towels, so we had to walk up the stairs to the main pool to get the towels, and bring back to the small pool.... Please also consider to place some drinking water for guests in two pools as well.

Check out

That’s our worst experience, funny it was the same lady who checked us in too. I approached her and said we needed to check out, so she asked me to wait as she needed to call housekeeping to check our mini-bar. Very different standard than many other hotels that I've stayed before as she never asked whether I have consumed anything from the mini-bar. Ok, so I stood and waited. She didn’t ask whether I enjoyed my stay or how was my room or how was our trip in Pattaya… no, nothing, so we just looked at each other without saying anything for about 5 minutes. Then the housekeeping staff called and she immediately printed an invoice with 2 x mineral waters charged without reconfirming whether I had consumed them or not. So obviously, we did not, we just took those 2 bottles out from the refrigerator, in order to give room to put our own drinks the night before. Those 2 bottles were just placed right above the refrigerator, I didn’t hide them. So she called the housekeeping to check again, so I waited for another 5-8 minutes, finally, no problem, we could go.

My overall experience is not very pleasant, perhaps I was expectating too much before check-in, I expected a 6-star hotel service quality (that’s what they claimed themselves in their website) but unfortunately… 3 stars the most for now.

p.s. Last but not least, there was a beautiful European lady worked for the hotel, she got her own desk sitting across from the reception, well, I guess she was hired particularly for tourists from Europe, but she was so cold, no smile and never greet any non-European guests. Very poor image of the hotel.

Date of stay: January 2013
10  Thank bigbigeye

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments. Please kindly allow us to provide you some explanations regarding your concerns. The resort is really now under soft-opening and our team has been trying hard to move our property towards the grand opening as fast as we can. To construct the rest of the area in the property that is already been operated will take time as there are so many things we have to concern about guests' health and safety. Please be informed that everything is getting better everyday and hopefully if we have a chance to welcome you at our resort again, you'll notice the differences.

Once again, I'd like to thank you for your comments on behalf of Cape Dara Resort team. All of your comments have certainly been taken into account and on process of improving.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Impressed with the hotel so we extended our stay, room is a good size with sea view, everything is new, pool areas very nice, staff very friendly.
One thing that spoiled the stay, New Year Gala dinner was booked out with walk in guests so we couldn't get a table even though we were resident guests. Plan B was to eat in the hotel Chinese Restaurant but all other hotel facility was closed so staff could serve at Gala Dinner.
It was a struggle to find anywhere close by to spend New Year, ended up at Holiday Inn.
Note to management, may be a good idea to keep a restaurant open if you can't accommodate everyone at special events. But we were impressed with the facilities at Cape Dara.

Room tip: All rooms have sea view I believe so can't go wrong.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Pattamon M, General Manager at Cape Dara Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you like our resort. We are looking forward to welcome you back at our resort for your next trip to Pattaya. We however apologize for your new year's eve experience. We have to admit that all the seats we set up for the gala dinner were fully booked. However, we did have spare seats in the restaurant, but guests would not be able to see the performance on stage and enjoy the atmosphere like tables outside. We also would like to apologize for other inconvenience caused during the preparation for gala dinner on that day. As we are on our soft launch, this is definitely a lesson to learn for us and to be improved.

Thank you and again, we hope to welcome you back at our resort with a new experience soon :)

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I went to stay there for 2 nights during long weekend of Thailand.
The hotel is in soft launch so there are some construction happened.
The view of hotel is very good from the room and also in the lobby area, I love that.
We stayed 2 rooms but 1 room have a problem with the shower room. The shower room is really required to improve because of drainage problem. After shower, it was flooded in the shower room so it is required to re-do it. I understand that it is rush to open the hotel but this will be a problem to the housekeeper.
The breakfast with food quality is acceptable but not with the service. I went to have breakfast around 9.30 am. but no staffs at the entrance. So we have to find table by ourselves. Tables were not clear and full with used plates + used glasses. It took around 15 minutes to call some staffs to clear the table. I understand that it is long weekend and many guests. Used plates and glasses should be clear all the time and staffs should understand what they are doing not leave new guests find table by themselves and tables should be cleared once the guests left.
So my 2nd day, I had to wake up very early to get a breakfast without any frustrated.
Parking is limited with long weekend.

Other than that I feel good with this hotel and probably go back during low season to avoid crowd and can change a room (if I have the drainage problem).

Room tip: Good & quiet sea view
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Ms. MeiMeiMee,

We really appreciate your comments and definitely will learn and improve from your experience.
The drainage problem is really a common problem for a newly opening hotel. It usually take several months during the soft launch to fix it. With a cooperation of our housekeeping and engineering team, we are now on process of checking and fixing this problem in every single rooms.

For parking problem, we do provide parking spaces in the building, in front of the resort, and we've got a land in the middle of the soi as well. Guests can park in those areas provided and we'll pick you up by our buggy.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay. We will definitely improve that and hoping we will have a chance to welcome you back at our resort again in your next trip to Pattaya.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

When we arrive at the entrance we had very beautiful swimming pool sea view.
Once there we had a nice welcome refreshing drink,we move to our room with a great sea view. We have a very good lunch as well with sea view,we order a la carte cesar salad and a very tasty escalop veal with pasta little bit undercook but with very good value price.staff very helpful and classic tasty b fast.free shuttle from the hotel to north Pattaya
we ask for a taxi and get it after only 5 m waiting....
the resort still finish last details but look like have a great high end hotel.

Room tip: quiet room seaside very lighty from big windows.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Pattamon M, General Manager at Cape Dara Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Sir,

On behalf of management team, I would like to thank you for staying at Cape Dara Resort. Your comment means a lot to our team. We will make sure that your next stay will be even greater :)