“Good French food”
Review of La Table de Bernard - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is a small place tucked away in Soi 1, opposite the Markland. There is indoor and outdoor seating and as we were a party of 14 we opted for indoors having reserved a table. The walls etc are stark so sound bounces around and conversation can be difficult. The menu has quite a range and I started off with the country terrine, served up with conichons and a salad: a very good choice, it was very tasty. For main I chose the duck breast in a sauce plus raspberry vinegar, something I haven't had since I moved from Lincolnshire UK where it is always on sale. With this I had mashed potato to soak up the sauces and my wife and I shared a ratatouille as an extra side dish. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole meal and those who had the salmon said it was good and so were the mussels. My wife had the lapin moutard (rabbit with a mustard sauce) and again a good choice. Suprisingly, the ones who had Thai food were not to happy with it, the only dampener on the evening.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Living in Australia, I hadn't been to Bernard's for a couple of years. I passed and could not resist the "Menue du Jour" which consisted of Terrine de Gibier, Duck Breast with Muschroom cream sauce and a creme brulee to finish things off.
There was nothing to fault with any of the dishes. All that for THB490!
I'll certainly be back and hope it won't be another two years.

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I had a chance to visit this restaurant again last week. I went there rather late so the place was quiet and cozy with just one other table belonging to friends of the owner. We started with the mixed salad which was fresh. I had the vol au vent, my favourite food here. The pastry was nice and crispy, and the filling was delicious. My fried had the porc cordon bleu but found it a little tough, maybe a little overcooked. But overall we were quite happy with the restsurant and would go backagain.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I really like Bernards even though it is at times a little inconsistent. The daily special is great value but some nights it is far better than others. Whenever the roast lamb is on I am there, I also enjoy the cold cuts and the pate as a starter. Apart from French the Thai menu is very good and good value as well. The service is always excellent and most nights it is a nice quiet place to dine, except when a certain friend of mine arrives, lets just call him Pothole, you know who you are. :)

Today is June the 1st and I will dine here again tonight with my friends.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I've visited this restaurant many times and never been disappointed. Food was excellent and service is good. The owner is french and always around to talk to you. Daily menu is also worth having, with starter, main course and dessert. Price is right. Indoor and outdoor seating. So if you are looking for good French food in Pattay, this is the one.